• n00b - October 15, 2010 4:17 p.m.

no way i was just wondering when this game was gonna come out yesterday now look what happens
  • Hurricrane - October 15, 2010 4:11 p.m.

I admit, I wasn't interested in this at all until E3, then once I heard you could fucking nail dudes with an ANCHOR I was in. Too bad Disney killed it though. I have a feeling that Tron's just going to be mediocre
  • AA95mp - October 15, 2010 3:57 p.m.

shame, i was looking forward to this.
  • reveffect - October 15, 2010 3:56 p.m.

I was really lookin forward to having my own pirate ship and crew like they said would be in the game in that interview chris did. Im sad now. Now when are they gonna make a game where i can fight using an anchor other than in guilty gear. But it would be cool for rockstar to make an open world sandbox pirate game. Just look at how they amazingly replicated the wild west style in Red Dead Redemption, now just imagine what a pirate game what be like from them.
  • AngryScotsman - October 15, 2010 3:39 p.m.

Damn shame, I was looking forward to this as well. There goes my smile...
  • JakeyBaby - October 15, 2010 3:33 p.m.

Yeah I was looking at this too. We need a Pirate game, rpg/action slash em up style. We need one desperately. Pirates are just cool, and aren't overdone like ninja games are. I for one am also sad, Justin.
  • wickedjeremy - October 15, 2010 3:12 p.m.

You know, disney's business plans never seem to make alot of sense to us consumer types.seriously they should nixed the tron game, or mickey's maniacle adventure, they ain't gettin' dollar-one outta my pocket for those two lame-ass IP's.(bethesda rules!)
  • erreip199 - October 15, 2010 3:06 p.m.

Vader: Nooooooooooooooo!
  • marioman50 - October 15, 2010 3 p.m.

Wow, that is a damn shame.
  • Not Snake - October 15, 2010 2:51 p.m.

I was keeping an eye on this. Hoping for the best. And now it's gone. Jerks.
  • TheElephantManchurianCandidate - October 15, 2010 2:42 p.m.

My guess is they didn't think it would sell because it doean't a familiar character in it like Jack Sparrow
  • MrSuitMan - October 15, 2010 2:33 p.m.

Man I was looking forward to this too!
  • twinkletitsMcGee - October 15, 2010 2:30 p.m.

man i was actually looking forward to this...
  • TruckThunders - October 15, 2010 1:56 p.m.

I remember Chris Antista interviewing people from this studio and the game sounded really interesting. Really sad that this game will never be released. I think a Pirate RPG would have been a great new genre for consoles.
  • nadrewod999 - October 15, 2010 1:49 p.m.

Actually, I think that this game was just "temporarily canceled" to remove any confusion from the upcoming movie-game (when I recently went to Hawaii for vacation, I heard the locals saying that they had seen the "Black Pearl" sailing in the waters near one of the big islands. Since the Hawaiian mountains almost always have rain clouds pouring down on them, these major tourist destinations would make an excellent "cursed island".) If I am right, the studio is just focusing on TRON until it's finished and the next Pirates movie has been out for a while, then they will finish up Armada of the Damned.
  • darkside1214 - October 15, 2010 1:44 p.m.

The trailer was wicked, but seeing the gameplay reminded me too much of an MMORPG. Also as a side note: doesn't that main chracter remind you of Jack Sparrow with his grin and confident swagger?
  • onewingedantista - October 15, 2010 1:26 p.m.

DAMN IT! I WANTED THIS GAME!
  • KidKatana - October 15, 2010 12:19 p.m.

Also, the fact that the dude's weapon was an anchor was reason enough not to cancel this game.
  • KidKatana - October 15, 2010 12:18 p.m.

Bloody hell, this wasn't even on my radar and I miss it already. It looks like Assassin's Creed with pirates, which is frankly the best prospect in the history of ever. That said, maybe Rockstar San Diego's new project could be an open world game (duh) in the Golden Age of piracy? Plus if Red Undead Redemption works out fine (which it obviously will) they could use their newfound expertise with the supernatural to craft some skeleton-battling and kraken-slaying. Much as I love AC, I can't see the Templars using the Pieces of Eden to resurrect infamous pirates...
  • Clovin64 - October 15, 2010 12:08 p.m.

Looks like it had potential. If it was near completion, then there really was no need to scrap it altogether. Disney Interactive? Foolish landlubbers. Yar.