• Fata1Stryke - August 23, 2010 5:15 p.m.

@Firestorm Based on my experience with the current DS, the touchscreen is as useful as a second analog nub would be, perhaps moreso even. Normally I'd be concerned that there's just the one stick, but in this case I think I'd rather use the stylus.
  • Nin10DOH - August 23, 2010 5:15 p.m.

The 3DS looks amazing. It's an instant buy for me already. I can't wait to kick some ass in Ocarina of Time 3D!
  • Fata1Stryke - August 23, 2010 5:11 p.m.

I hope they don't eff it up, honestly I think it's fine how it is now.
  • MattOfSteel - August 23, 2010 5:08 p.m.

Fire(douche)storm. It is obvious you haven't had any hands on time. The 3D is impressive and is more of a feature than a gimmick. Besides when was the last time you heard of a gimmick with a built-in hardware feature to turn it off if so desired? And the analog stick is not a nub, it is a slider. It is responsive and feels exactly like the best analog sticks ever. Need for a second stick? It has a touch pad ... figure it out.
  • CreeplyTuna - August 23, 2010 5:07 p.m.

second analog stick please, then i would definitely buy even tho i dont like 3D
  • sixboxes - August 23, 2010 4:59 p.m.

The only thing that I see wrong with the hardware is how long they're making us wait to buy it.
  • blays - August 23, 2010 4:40 p.m.

make the upper screen bigger and wider, like in the photoshoped version. That way we can play game and watch HD movies more convenient. Current 3ds upper screen size is smaller compared to the speaker size.
  • Cyberninja - August 23, 2010 4:31 p.m.

firestorm the thing isnt even out yet so we wont know what original games are being made on it.
  • Fiirestorm21 - August 23, 2010 4:28 p.m.

Oh, and the "analog stick" is just a PSP-style nub, and it's just one still. (Sound familiar?) Come on, Nintendo, at least pretend like other people outside of your company might have good ideas and that you can learn lessons from your competitors. They did kick your ass for the better part of a decade, so they can't be that bad. And no, I don't want to use the touch screen as a supplement for the second analog stick/nub, that's a gimmicky and annoying-to-use solution that grew tiresome on the first DS when it was touch screen + dpad.
  • Fiirestorm21 - August 23, 2010 4:24 p.m.

So aside from the fact that it's got 3D (which everywhere is almost universally regarded as a gimmick), an extra screen (better than just one, I guess, though not going to set the world on fire), a touch screen (for all the good that's done for gameplay on the first DS and the iPhone), and the fact that's Nintendo (ooooh they must be gods), what's so great about this? There's barely any original games on here, just a bunch of ports and remakes, and it's still got basically PSP-level graphics. Color me unimpressed by all of the fuss. I still might pick it up, but not right away with the price point it's going to likely be launching at. If we're talking about what changes we want in the final version, though, I'd second the matte-finish over the fingerprint-magnet gloss.
  • ppopopp - August 23, 2010 4:15 p.m.

I hope they make the lower screen bigger. It is announced as 0.1 in SMALLER (!) than the DS Lite and 0.3 smaller than the DSi. If they plan to release a 3DS XL a year after the initial lauch then I'll wait, though 3DS Ocarina is haunting my dreams as we speak.
  • awsomemaster - August 23, 2010 4:11 p.m.

i'd add a chuck Norris button, every game system needs one.
  • slimjim441 - August 23, 2010 4:06 p.m.

I'd buy it right now if I could. Not one thing about it sounds bad about it at all. But they should still make Metroid Dread for the 3DS.
  • SonicX_89 - August 23, 2010 3:53 p.m.

I wouldn't change anything. Everything I've read so far has made the 3DS a guaranteed buy for me.