• RonnyLive19881 - March 8, 2011 12:04 a.m.

People that think all Zelda's are the same have never played Zelda before. They probably play online FPS all day and those... those are truly all the same, yes some FPS may have body armor that cause you to have to shoot 2 mags into your opponent, a few have dual wielding and of course some of ADS and some don't but in the end they are all games with guns at the bottom right of the screen... why don't they ever put them on the left? Lol
  • NaughtySnape - March 7, 2011 11:51 p.m.

I thought of something really epic to say about this, but I forgot it. So i'll just say: 4th picture "you gonna get raped boy."
  • edtrotter - March 7, 2011 11:49 p.m.

This is a really interesting point that hadn't occurred to me before. It's easy to think that the changes to each successive Zelda game are superficial, but when the style of the artwork and the narrative changes, so does the feel of the game. Twilight Princess wasn't just moodier and darker in appearance compared to Wind Waker; it was moodier and darker in tone. It's awesome that Nintendo have managed to pull off this shift each and every time! Having said that, I do agree with Mooshon. I'd love to see more attention paid to tying the various plots together in some way. Ganon's a great villain, but I'd like to see him fleshed out a bit more. Every generation a new Hero of Time appears, and yet Ganon is never truly gone; is there a greater meaning to this cycle? The timeline and overarching 'purpose' behind the Zelda stories has been hotly debated for years now. Perhaps it's about time Nintendo offered some answers?
  • ssjMrFord - March 7, 2011 11:46 p.m.

I think I'm the only person in the entire world who absolutely hates Zelda.
  • Siion - March 7, 2011 11:43 p.m.

I have never played a Zelda before so this was a good article to find out why my friend loved Zelda so much. Thanks, it gave me bit more of an understanding of the series.
  • Mooshon - March 7, 2011 11:37 p.m.

I've played and loved pretty much all of the Zeldas. The familiarity always feels comforting rather than tired, but I do really wish they'd maybe join up the storylines a bit or something. I want a bit of global plot progression as I almost don't take any notice of the story nowadays.
  • bobob101 - March 7, 2011 11:34 p.m.

I have played many Zelda's and they all have unique traits, and many do not pass on to other Zelda games.
  • Dethero - March 7, 2011 11:25 p.m.

i believe that all zeldas are about the same, but i feel that maybe they are on a timeline and its all a part of a big picture?
  • FrozenImplosion - March 7, 2011 11:24 p.m.

Good idea for an article. I've wondered this myself before. The formula just works so well that it almost always feels compelling :D