• Zepaw - January 4, 2011 5:11 p.m.

@Evernight. I agree, The Pitt is one of the memorable parts in all of FO3 for me. The Auto Axe is still my favorite weapon. I don't care about extra content in most games because I only run through the main modes once then head back to my multiplayer games (i.e. Left 4 Dead 2 and Rock Band 2)
  • paganpoet - January 4, 2011 5:18 p.m.

omg, where did that Bayonetta screenshot come from. I honestly had a hard time just BEATING that game on Normal difficulty, I couldn't even imagine getting straight Pure Platinums on Non Stop Climax difficulty.
  • thedonut - January 4, 2011 5:54 p.m.

What about gathering resources by killing monsters to make some badass weapon/armor to take down more badass monsters in Monster Hunter?
  • Rivenscry - January 4, 2011 6:04 p.m.

Um, excuse me for asking and stop me if this is a stupid question, but doesn't finishing a game seemingly 100% and then realising that you aren't even half done tend to p**s people off? (SMG2) Oh and for your information, Operation Anchorage was actually pretty good. In fact I think Bethesda deserve a little clap (*claps*) for introducing the Chinese into the world of Fallout as an enemy set. Most other games just kind of chicken out when it comes to actually naming the troops, either that or they just make up a vaguely similar sounding name. Look up Matthew Reilly the Author to see how its done properly. Also, not first. Sorry, had to.
  • Crimsonkingx - January 4, 2011 6:39 p.m.

Sounds to me like the Japs just know how to make awesome post game content. It's true, they do! Never forget the Squarenix line up either. Especially all the old Tri-Ace games. I feel the I am playing through all of their games main "story" (lol), just to get to the more challenging alternate dungeons. That is where the real meat of the game always is. Good article. I love some good clever use of post game stuff. That is what really makes me a fan of certain video games.
  • Innounci - January 4, 2011 6:46 p.m.

i feel as though every game could use a breeding feature like pokemon to extend gameplay... :3
  • Spybreak8 - January 4, 2011 7:57 p.m.

That's funny, the green stars in SMG2 sound exactly like the orbs in Crackdown. You can hear them nearby and then bam collect-a-thon!
  • bobbybroccoli - January 4, 2011 9:01 p.m.

I was so happy when I finally got all 242 stars in SMG2.
  • garnsr - January 4, 2011 9:04 p.m.

I played the GotY fallout 3, so the DLC was just part of the game for me. I'd probably have been disappointed if I had to fire up the game just to play them, but as missions I just ran across they weren't bad. I don't think getting different medals or scores drives me to play any more. Sometimes that sort of thing just makes a game seem more gamey.
  • Overlord153 - January 4, 2011 10:31 p.m.

I think unlocking God Hard in Vanquish was a pretty good way. After beating the game and feeling like a total badass uyou see the screen you unlocked God Hard. So you think "how hard could it be i'll just try it out for a few minutes." It's amazing that you can get past Act 1 mission 2 without dying 7 times in the first 8 minutes.
  • EroticInvisibleMan - January 5, 2011 12:29 a.m.

@Skyline There are so many zombie mods fr GA4 it's not funny.
  • EroticInvisibleMan - January 5, 2011 12:29 a.m.

And I of course meant GTA4
  • Jrm21 - January 5, 2011 12:54 a.m.

Good list but breeding? seriously? I've never even heard of that
  • CandiedJester - January 5, 2011 1:27 a.m.

Agreed. Also, if you make a game where you get to rid the world of evil, make sure there are a lot of little things to make pretty again, too, like Okami. Instead of say, Twilight Princess, where I am pretty sure, if I remember correctly, once you clear a portion of the map of evil it is all cleared. Also like Okami, put in a lot of treasures to search for, and things to dig up, and etc. I am on Okami mode because I just discovered how amazing this game is. You were all right! Maybe I should buy the "PLAY OKAMI" t-shirt now. Haha. :]
  • mrtimmy - January 5, 2011 1:51 a.m.

I agree with thedonut. I put more than 200 hours into Monster Hunter and I still haven't beaten every monster. DAMN YOU FATALIS!!!!!
  • rybell - January 5, 2011 2:42 a.m.

i personally loved the broken steel dlc for fallout but i had it on the ps3 so no problems with it also, i loved all the extra crap in assassins creed 2. it kept me playing till i got all 1000 gamerscore points. then i realized my xbox isn't connected to the internet and that kind of ruined it for me
  • BurntToShreds - January 5, 2011 2:44 a.m.

Treasure hunts are subjective. I've read a lot of comments on message boards about how the Triforce hunt from Wind Waker was irritating.
  • quincytheodore - January 5, 2011 2:56 a.m.

Holy mother of pearl, Is that ALL Pure Platinum for real? I've spent dozens of hours, along with bits of my sanity, for all Platinum on Normal and (almost) Hard.. It almost takes inhuman reflexes for Pure in Hard.
  • civver - January 5, 2011 3:07 a.m.

A bunch of zombies better than Fallout 3 Broken Steel. Yeah, sure. Most of these are just repetitive slogs. The first one did seem appealing though.
  • kachigop - January 5, 2011 4:32 a.m.

Hah. I got the Plants Vs. Zombies reference. I am pleased. Good article.