• db1331 - November 18, 2011 8:25 a.m.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU MAKE NEW GAMES THAT HAVE TO RUN ON 6 YEAR OLD HARDWARE. I'm going to say the same thing that I would tell someone I heard complaining about performance on a 6 year old PC. You're a #%$*& idiot for thinking the game would run well on your outdated system. Personally, I'm glad this is happening. I hope something comes along and cripples the Xbox build too. I'm tired of console gamers tying developers hands, then whining when their %&*# doesn't run flawlessly. I mean you realize that to even get the game to work for you, they had to scale it down to below 720p AND lock the framerate at 30fps, right? It's a shame that Bethesda had to design a game to work on the consoles instead of pushing the limits of today's technology. For everyone that always says "BUT TEH PCs COST TWO-THOUSANDS OF THE DOLLARS!"-This is why we pay more for a PC. So we don't have to put up with the same pathetic garbage you do. Yea, I'll pay more for my PC so I get 60fps on Ultra at nearly double your resolution, and load times so fast I can't even read the quick tips. In a couple months, I'll download a texture mod that makes your Skyrim look like vanilla Morrowind. You like gaming enough to buy a 360 and a Kinect so you can jump up and down on an imaginary raft like some kind of special-needs boy scout earning his white water patch, but the idea of spending $200-$300 more on a PC that could run your games better than your console is UNFATHOMABLE. In short: Suck it, console players. Suck it long and hard.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 18, 2011 8:53 a.m.

Just another example of PC elitists being dicks. You know everyone just reads this comment and shakes their head, yes? I'll say it again, PC gamers are the bicyclists of the gaming world, no one likes them except other bicyclists.
  • Rave Monster - November 18, 2011 10:43 a.m.

Agreed
  • closer2192 - November 18, 2011 8:58 a.m.

That "6 year old technology" didn't stop Deus Ex: Human Revolutions, Arkham City, Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, Saints Row 3, and many others from being quality games that didn't have crippling defects...
  • CombatCat120 - November 18, 2011 9 a.m.

Oh put a sock in it you elitist prick
  • dragonjim - November 18, 2011 9:09 a.m.

db1331 if you wanted to make PC gamers look like arrogant p#!%ks, you've suceeded. Valve made a good version of portal 2 on consoles, so what's bethesda's excuse?
  • SillyPigeon - November 18, 2011 9:12 a.m.

If the game can't run on consoles it shouldn't be released on consoles! If that's what you believe your basically saying Bethesda have ripped off millions of people with a product not fit for purpose. So people have a right to be pissed off about that.
  • CrashmanX - November 18, 2011 9:16 a.m.

Dude, my PC is at running like 6 year old hardware. The newest thing in it is my 9800GT and even then that's dated. But wanna know something? It runs better than the PS3 version. It's not the hardware problem, if that were the case then 90% of the people who bought it would have a shit time playing. Why you ask? Well look at it like this (hardware speaking) X360<PS3<High End PC but generally it's more like X360<PC<PS3. The PS3 is a very powerful system, the issue isn't the hardware, it's the coding. Skyrim was done the same was as New Vegas, it was made for X360 ported to PS3 then ported to PC. That's why it has so many issues.
  • wingsdjy - November 18, 2011 9:18 a.m.

Interesting comment db1331. While I agree that it's unfortunate that your games are dumbed down for consoles, you're doing exactly what Dave advises against. You're putting the blame on someone other than the developer. Ultimately, it's up to Bethesda to release a quality product regardless of the platform. If they want to go PC only, that's fine. It's irresponsible for them to release a PS3 version that's essentially unplayable.
  • MasterBhater - November 18, 2011 9:39 a.m.

I'd love to agree with you, the infamous comment section PC elitist/troll. Being a PC/360/PS3 gamer myself, I disagree with your rant completely. PC's are definitely gaming beasts. IF you have the money for them. Having a good graphics card alone costs almost as much as a mainstream console. That is ridiculous. We're talking 800-1000 dollars for a new PC, and that's only if you know which stores to go to and what parts you want. The price is what comes back again and again. "Today's technology"? You're right, that would be wonderful, if it was affordable as well. Bethesda has been making their games for consoles for YEARS. They need to make sure that these games run well on the technology they're pushing them out on. If they don't work, then DON'T SELL THEM. Delay the game like so many other companies do. The fact that they can't make a game run better on PS3 than the 360, even though the PS3 is the more powerful console, is just not right. Not only that, but consoles have made PC games run better. If a developer can bring out a game that's almost as good looking as Crysis on 6 year old tech, imagine what would happen when the next consoles come out. Consoles force devs to actually LEARN how to use the tech given to them, so that they can better use the graphics cards of the future to add even more sh*t to what's already beautiful. Quit whining about what PC gamers don't have, start blaming the devs for your mediocre games and not the consoles themselves, and please, PLEASE for the love of god don't insult the majority of gaming's fanbase, especially with a nonsensical rant about the Kinect (?) for some odd reason.
  • BladedFalcon - November 18, 2011 2:05 p.m.

Nope, i won't suck it. Nor will anyone playing consoles. Which is a far bigger market than the PC, and one that will keep eclipsing the PC. The fact is, you're the one that has to suck it up. You'll never gonna get your way, and Console gamers will continue to exist and thrive with or without you. Whine and troll us all you want, it doesn't really do you any good whatsoever ^^
  • NubberzTheHedgehog - November 18, 2011 2:32 p.m.

You prove my theory on PC gamers; most are elitist penasia (made up plural for penis). So you are saying that you would pay at least 50% more for a PC that will be outdated in a matter of a few months just so that you can have games, that are still glitchy by the way. Change your username (is that even possible?) or make a new account that is named "Señor Koquonface" because that it was you are acting like.
  • Lucas - November 19, 2011 5:40 p.m.

ummm, outdated in a couple of months? I'm playing Skyrim on decent graphics (med-high) on a laptop that I bought on early 2009. I don't like to be an ass, but man at least get it right...
  • Lucas - November 19, 2011 5:33 p.m.

I agree with this guy.. I usually wouldn't as he might sound like an asshole but what he's saying has a lot of truth. 6 year, outdated hardware... I mean, come on people..... Like getting a 50 year old to run in the Olympics, and expect for him/her to win.
  • closer2192 - November 18, 2011 8:22 a.m.

I'm glad I didn't rush out to buy Skyrim right away - it looked good, but a fail of this magnitude shouldn't grace my system. Really, it seems to me that Bethesda just doesn't think too highly of PS3 players - I know that there were bugs in the 360 versions of Oblivion, Fallout 3, and New Vegas, but it seems like they at least made an effort not to have those products be totally broken.
  • LordGremlin - November 18, 2011 8:22 a.m.

Well, being primarily a PS3 gamer I just don't buy Bethesda games. I do have a PC, but I rarely log more than 5-6 hours into any game on PC (never finished Torchlight on steam for example), so I just don't buy Bethesda games at all. I don't get it, why people are unreasonable? Fallout 3 GoTY on PS3 is a special case in itself for example, being effectively a fraud. How come they weren't sued/fined? Anyway, I think it's the only company that ever sold a 100% broken PS3 game. It's a warning - avoid them. Even in next generation. And for the love of Jesus, buy Dark Souls. Seriously.
  • JHBorden - November 18, 2011 8:19 a.m.

Hey David you should be doing the same article on Paradox Interactive and what they publish. Hearts of Iron 3 Victoria 2 also how about Supreme Ruler:Cold War..... oh wait I almost forgot that little game called Sword of the stars 2. And the list goes on and is sure to keep going on. I am so thankful for the witcher 2 I hope they keep it up at least they seem to learn from they're mistakes if we support companies like (slips my mind) that company then mayby they can set the new precedent for game development and customer/game support The Witcher 2.0 FTW!!! ;)
  • Sjoeki - November 18, 2011 8:14 a.m.

I've just seen the highlight of the week and replied that I need to get this game, but it looks like I will be waiting for a while. Loved Fallout 3 and I ran into a few small bugs with that but I never finished New Vegas as I didn't feel like starting over a 3rd time cause of it's many problems. Luckily I've got my ps3 on the internet but I'll be checking this site for updates before I spend 60 bucks on a broken product. I haven't heard about this on any other site btw, thanks for the heads up, david!.
  • ObliqueZombie - November 18, 2011 8:13 a.m.

It IS Bethesda's fault, but could you not place the blame on Sony? I'm getting a little abstract here, but even Gabe Newell described what a bitch PS3's are to code fro. Still, this is unacceptable. I'll be defending Bethesda 'till the day I die, with or without broken content. And I'll turn a blind eye to Bug Vegas, since that wasn't even them.
  • Mezolitik - November 18, 2011 8:12 a.m.

As horrible as it sounds, we, as gamers, ought to know better than to expect a modern game to work on release day, or even within the first fortnight, especially after what happened with Fallout: NV and Dead Island. It's becoming increasingly clear that early purchasers are second-stage beta testers.
  • RonnyLive19881 - November 18, 2011 8:19 a.m.

I'm guessing the dev team may have used up their budget so they release the game so it can make some money and the devs get more $$$ to iron out the major kinks. That is the only valid reason I can think of to release a super buggy game and I don't really think that is the case with Bethesda games but hell it might be Lol
  • Alex Byrom - November 18, 2011 8:11 a.m.

Well thanks for ruining my day. I`m getting the game tomorrow for PS3 and now I`m not nearly as excited. I am lying. But damn I hate framerate issues.