• gdubbs359 - April 12, 2009 7:41 p.m.

well it worked as a name for a bit, but especially now bio-hazard just fits the theme more. RE is barely about what it was, and i for one miss my naked zombies.
  • screath - April 12, 2009 5:29 p.m.

With Bioshock now out, I'm glad that they chose Resident Evil. Just think of the confusion. I myself once even thought that Bioware had made Bioshock. Also, noone can deny the awesomeness of the title announcer.
  • RaIdEn - April 12, 2009 4:49 p.m.

did he say realistic action? haha no
  • jackrabbitslims - April 12, 2009 12:02 p.m.

Resident= Mansion Evil= Zombies. That one didn't really keep me up at night.
  • StupidTownColonStupidStateColon - April 10, 2009 5:56 p.m.

On Resident evil 5, sorry forgot to add that. Also reyalejandro13 mabye you should make a thread in the forums if you haven't already.
  • deathrebellion - April 10, 2009 11:49 a.m.

RE FTW. and man is that Jap song getting on my nerves!!!!!
  • CarbonFire - April 10, 2009 12:39 a.m.

and dont stick ur cock in a blender skelt
  • Picnic1 - April 9, 2009 8:44 p.m.

'Resident Evil' is more multi meaning than Biohazard in the context of the games. Not only does it refer to evil that is resident in the mansion or other environments, in the form of zombies/mutated animals but that evil that infests those zombies/mutated animals. I think that the way that games studios always seem to think that minimalism is necessarily more suited to European game art though is a bit predictable though. The American Gamecube Resident Evil remake had a zombie attacking Jill Valentine. The European version had the words 'Resident Evil' on a brown backdrop.
  • Xeacons - April 9, 2009 4:22 p.m.

Wasn't "Resident Evil" a line from Alone in the dark, or some early survival-horror? "Herein lies the resident Evil."
  • theschwartzb - April 9, 2009 3:59 p.m.

If I were going to make a survival horror game, where there are zombies and other monsters trying to rip your brain out of your fucking head, I probably wouldnt pick the song that is playing in the Bio Hazard ad... then again, im not japanese. and the comment right at the end of it "it's not just a game".... yeah im pretty sure it is just a game cuz zombies don't exist.
  • oryandymackie - April 9, 2009 9:05 a.m.

My God, those two Resident Evil trailers were seriously cheesy. But I think that Resident Evil is a better name
  • jimsondanet - April 9, 2009 5:36 a.m.

here another good way to avoid that asshole. you grab a glass, add cement, add water, drink then harden the fuck up.
  • BigBossOSE - April 9, 2009 2:21 a.m.

Here's the good way to avoid that asshole saying first. You offer a valid, insightful comment, and then...hit post. That's it. No one says first, and the internet keeps that precious collective IQ point.
  • davreilly - April 9, 2009 1:56 a.m.

Ah. Well. RAAM, is obviously the Righteous Association of Albino Marmosets. Those are some monkeys you don't want to mess with.
  • Sylizar - April 9, 2009 12:38 a.m.

I would LOVE to know what RAAM stands for.
  • Ransom - April 9, 2009 12:12 a.m.

I've never really been a fan of RE, but at least now I can stun my friends with my gaming knowledge, thanks to GR!
  • richtaur - April 8, 2009 11:41 p.m.

I actually prefer Resident Evil. Biohazard makes me think of a crappy N64 FPS for some reason ...
  • WBxRelentless - April 8, 2009 9:49 p.m.

"something's terribly wrong here." oh shit sorry i didn't notice all the fucking zombies eating your dumbass.
  • theimporter - April 8, 2009 8:58 p.m.

You think that's bad? The reason why they named Rockman "Mega Man" outside of Japan was because of these: http://tinyurl.com/damy4n http://tinyurl.com/czdktd Pretty sure that if Capcom knew that this franshise would have spawned half a million sequels, that they would have paid for the bloody name because just changing the title screen for every game must have cost a lot by now :P In short, we got stuck a a generic 1960 super hero name and missed out on a name that actually make sense because Capcom failed to predict the success of this franshise and were too cheap.
  • Kattleox - April 8, 2009 8:39 p.m.

Well that reason is pretty good, although I will always prefer that creepy "biohassarrd (number)" over the resident evil intros. And if you don't like G4, don't watch it. Works for me, and this way Olivia Munn is just another faceless TV show semi-hot woman and not a terrible actress/host/whatever she's up to these days.