Topics

pet peeves

• JAM3380 - March 1, 2013 5:36 p.m.

Spawn-point campers in multiplayer FPS. Congratulations, you memorized the various spawn-points in a map. It's just poor sportsmanship to sit there waiting to nail people before they even have a chance to move. I also get annoyed with people quitting multiplayer games because they think they're about to lose. It still happens all the time in BO2, even though you get a loss for quitting a match early.
  • dakota-martin - March 1, 2013 5:20 p.m.

When someone eats cheetoes, and when it's their turn they lick their fingers as much as they can, and all their cheesy saliva infested hands are now all over your awesome controller..... YUCK
  • Shadow Of Death - March 1, 2013 5:17 p.m.

In general, I agree with this list. Except this one: "Updates that reboot your PC mid-game"...lern 2 computer. And yes, that section of the article mentions people that specifically don't do this (or forget to do it). It's (update scheduling, changing it to 'prompt to download updates'. I use that setting on any software that offers it actually) one of the first things I do when I get a new computer (which isn't exactly that often XD), along with installing antivirus software and importing my bookmarks.
  • JinHalloway - March 1, 2013 5:06 p.m.

Achievements where random online players need to fulfill certain requirements in addition to you doing so. Burnout Paradise, I'm looking at you.
  • ShaneDMcDonie - March 1, 2013 5 p.m.

The best thing to do with achievements and trophies is to disable the popups on screen and then you can look at them after you've completed the game and want to start looking for achievements
  • coyoteDUSTER - March 1, 2013 7:14 p.m.

Is it possible to disable trophies from popping up?
  • ShaneDMcDonie - March 1, 2013 7:41 p.m.

Actually I didn't know because I don't own a PS3 so I looked it up. Everything that I've found says that while you can disable notifications on the PS3 trophy notification will still pop up. So apparently I am sorry if I got your hopes up but I thought it worked the same and apparently it does not
  • awesomesauce - March 1, 2013 7:48 p.m.

yeah i think it's under preferences in the dashboard button
  • AdonisX82 - March 1, 2013 4:44 p.m.

My peeve is no skill run away spamming cowards in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 who talk profanities at my 4 yr old son. check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA3m99yuq9c
  • Kailon791 - March 1, 2013 4:40 p.m.

Adding DLC achievements to my list when I don't have the DLC. My example is Skyrim. I worked damn hard to get my 1000/1000 but dont have my 100% anymore because I can't afford the DLC. Total bullshit.
  • lordgodalming - March 1, 2013 8:06 p.m.

This. I platinumed RE5 and Lords of Shadow and my percentage is still in the 70s.
  • ibashdaily - March 1, 2013 2:58 p.m.

Games that default to the New Game option when you boot them up. Once I start a game file, shouldn't it automatically default to Load Game, or Continue? I don't know why, but that has always bugged me.
  • JMarsella09 - March 1, 2013 2:52 p.m.

A big pet peeve of mine is when I lend someone a game and they don't return it for half a year. It's worse when the don't even play it.
  • taokaka - March 1, 2013 7:01 p.m.

This is ridiculously annoying, I lent arkham asylum to a friend who just wouldn't shut up about batman at the time and half a year later he had only advanced an hour into the game because the only games he plays are COD. So I tried to subtlety ask him for it back but he is one of those people who don't understand the concept of subtlety, and I ended up having to hint at him to return the game for about a month before he got the picture.
  • KA87 - March 1, 2013 2:50 p.m.

DLC and patches that patch really fun things like the weapon duplication thing from Dead Island. Oh and bad camera angles.
  • Fhiend - March 1, 2013 2:34 p.m.

Annoying thing#1 Day one DLC you have to pay for #2 pre-order bonuses #3 On disc DLC (can it legally be called Downloadable content if you already have it?)
  • cyco687 - March 1, 2013 4:42 p.m.

I don't see anything wrong with pre order bonuses, it's usually just simple in game items that arent important, and become available later on anyway, but i agree completely with Day 1 DLC, and on disc DLC
  • Fhiend - March 1, 2013 4:58 p.m.

It just seems...i dont know.....shady. "Buy our game and we give you free stuff!" I think anyone, regardless of whether or not you pre-order it, should get it.
  • avantguardian - March 3, 2013 12:24 a.m.

it's an incentive to invest in a game, instead of waiting for reviews, or buying it used. it makes a lot of sense, and, in my experience, most of the stuff you get is available (usually on the cheap or for free) to everybody else sooner rather than later.
  • Arobadope - March 1, 2013 2:21 p.m.

Pet Peeve: Achievements.