Topics

pet peeves

• david-samuel-bravo - May 9, 2014 9:27 p.m.

put trophies on only if you get new weapons/armor/skills and/or credit to get something you want to wreak havoc on youre opponents
  • injustice45 - May 9, 2014 9:23 p.m.

SNK Bosses. They can be a very huge pain in the ass.
  • Hamsphrey - May 9, 2014 8:24 p.m.

Boring loading screens that are in between short and long- keeps me planted to the spot and unable to really do anything because if I leave it'll load without me
  • winner2 - May 9, 2014 7:12 p.m.

Teammates thinking you're telepathic.
  • J-Fid - May 9, 2014 7:05 p.m.

No longer am I lending my favorite controller to other people. I lent my controller to a Brawl tournament at my college a couple of months ago, and when I got it back, it felt (and looked) like the control stick had melted. Yuck! I got a new one after that.
  • shawksta - May 9, 2014 5:40 p.m.

You know whats annoying? I just want to sit back and relax after a hard days work and play TF2 or any of my steam games but for some damn reason my Computer goes into Sleep mode, its really getting annoying.
  • Frieza - May 9, 2014 5:54 p.m.

Speaking of TF2, one of my biggest pet peeves is when you join a game and your team consists of 3 spies and 3 snipers. AND THEY'RE ALWAYS HATLESS
  • shawksta - May 9, 2014 6:35 p.m.

To be fair, before i had classes i dont put anything on simply because i didnt actually like what i have to give them.
  • JMarsella09 - May 9, 2014 5:32 p.m.

Curse you multiplayer achievements! You are the bane of my existence!
  • BladedFalcon - May 9, 2014 3:52 p.m.

This update to the article is pretty good! most of these I've experienced at least once in my life, and are truly annoying. I also like that it goes to attack both ends of a spectrum in many instances... Except with this point: "People who write off entire genres as garbage ". Which is fair, but why not put the other extreme as well? When people you know nag incessantly at you to buy/play a style of game you already know is not your cup of tea, it's not even that you are writing off the game or genre as garbage, you just don't like it/get it. Isn't that just as bad or annoying?
  • shawksta - May 9, 2014 5:38 p.m.

Yeah, especially since GR made an article before featuring people who keep pushing you to a game/genre your not interested in. Weird that isnt here, maybe because it doesnt happen so often as writing them off.
  • BladedFalcon - May 9, 2014 6:23 p.m.

...In my experience it happens just as often, actually.
  • shawksta - May 9, 2014 6:38 p.m.

All the more reason to put it on the list.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - May 9, 2014 8:40 p.m.

HOW COULD I HAVE MISSED THISSSSSSS
  • SolidEye - March 4, 2013 1:08 a.m.

Open world games that are praised for their "living, breathing world", - being initially impressed by this world and then realise after exploring for 30 minutes that everyone is an exact clone of everyone else, doing the exact same things wherever in the world you go. Totally destroying any semblance of a "living breathing world".
  • lewis-barclay - March 3, 2013 10:19 p.m.

Wait wait wait.....I play Battlefield 3. I've been kicked out of games for using the stinger/igla......on CONQUEST......on a MAP THAT USES AIR VEHICLES.........WHEN AN ATTACK HELLICOPTER IS STALKING ME......when i'M ON the ground WALKING. Or bullshit server rules. Like no using flashlights or laser sights or stinger/iglas ON CONQUEST!!!!!! Wtf I paid money for this game JUST LIKE YOU DID.
  • lewis-barclay - March 3, 2013 10:13 p.m.

OMG the getting kicked for being too good or bad is the EXACT reason I stopped playing both left for dead games. I've been kicked for the dumbest crap in left for dead. You just joined a game......vote to kick you has started....wait....I HAVENT EVEN GOTTEN OUT OF THE SPAWN TIME screen. You had a higher score than everyone else..... vote to kick you has started. you had a few less points......vote to kick you has started....WTF!!!! Great game has been ruined by douiches.
  • brickman409 - March 3, 2013 9:26 p.m.

whenever you go to a friends house and their controllers are all greasy or half destroyed, that's the worst
  • ertywerty - March 5, 2013 5:31 p.m.

Agreed! Or when most of their games are in the wrong cases/missing/broken and you think to yourself "do they even give a sh*t about their stuff" and then they wonder why the games don't work after awhile... That's one of the reasons theres downloadable games instead.
  • haxxoromg - March 3, 2013 8:54 p.m.

omg thanks for droppin dat spoiler at the end gamesradar i just picked up da2 yesterday and im just halfway through act I. grrrrrr