• guiarherodrummer1998 - December 12, 2009 11:19 p.m.

dude. that's pretty hilarious. I find it funny though, that Bowser would look for uneaten bananas in those MK64 Item boxes. By the second or third grand prix the bananas go bad, its not pleasant.
  • patri0t - December 12, 2009 3:47 a.m.

the companion cube wish it were a companion crate right about now
  • gyromne - December 12, 2009 2 a.m.

mercenaries had call-in crates. but good article btw
  • sofaku - December 11, 2009 12:08 a.m.

ARE U SERIOUS!!! NO COMPANION CRATE!!! THATS THE GREATEST CRATE OF ALL TIME!!!
  • RedAppolyon - December 10, 2009 11:35 a.m.

Hellooooooo!!!! Companion crate!!!!!
  • NanoElite666 - December 10, 2009 4:58 a.m.

Glad to see I'm not the only one noticing the absence of the various crates of the Ratchet & Clank universe. How could you forget about them? After all the ammo, health, and sweet sweet bolts they've held for you over the years? Shame on you GamesRadar...
  • FunkeeMonk - December 10, 2009 3:08 a.m.

What about ratchet and clank i mean really what the hell i love that game it got me into gaming
  • Defguru7777 - December 9, 2009 11:44 p.m.

@John-117 I thought I'd have to be the one to bring up Ratchet and Clank's crates! Bravo on your crate expertise good sir!
  • BanHer - December 9, 2009 6:55 p.m.

Dude. Where's Portal? I mean... come on, you can't have Crates without Portal.
  • bonerachieved - December 9, 2009 6:28 p.m.

This article was so badass! haha awesome
  • DoctorCrazy - December 9, 2009 5:36 p.m.

You know what I find funny? I recently picked up a copy of F.E.A.R. Files for $10 bucks, and thats the first game ive played in a lonnnnng time with ammo-health crates, and then low-and-behold a few days later GamesRadar has a crate article. Coincidence? I think not.
  • hardcore_gamer1990 - December 9, 2009 4:07 p.m.

Ah, crates.... :)
  • Maffiaso - December 9, 2009 4 p.m.

THEY ARE FORGETTING THE NINJA CRATE IN 5PYRO 3 YEAR OF THE DRAGON. Ninja5 actually 5pawned from it.
  • crumbdunky - December 9, 2009 3:27 p.m.

No mention of Ratchet and Clank here? Seriously fellas that's really poor as no other series uses so many(bolt,ammo,bomb,camo(invicible),raritanium and those that switched between types too)crates, has done more with crates OR has so many in a given game. R&C is virtually synonymous with bloody crates! Had you done a feature on Xbox FPS games and ignored Halo it might, nearly, be a comparable mess up as this is the most glaring ommission I can remember in a long while from you lot! Some nice points in the article but when I got to the end without a mention of Incomniac's sterling efforts in fowarding the cause of crates in the medium I was truly amazed. I may not sleep now-oh, the injustice! Unless, of course, I'm just imagining the millions of crates I've battered for bolts/ammo/etc over the length of the series. Have I been hallucinating for the past seven years or so? OR is this an effort to play down Sony's long term publishing commitment to crates? Is GR involved in a MS scheme to take crates exclusively to Xbox platforms? Mmmh, IDK.
  • TommyG - December 9, 2009 1:46 p.m.

There's the one near the start of the Ocarina of Time. You need to wake up lazy Talon with a Cucco, then push that crate to get into Hyrule Castle. Without that crate, Link never gets into the castle, never meets Zelda, and never saves the world. That's a pretty important crate.
  • michaelmcc827 - December 9, 2009 5:12 a.m.

NO COMPANION CRATE??? RAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE
  • smallberry - December 9, 2009 5:05 a.m.

Yay for Douglas Adams reference. Nice article.
  • Cwf2008 - December 9, 2009 3:58 a.m.

Lol i like the care package picture "Don't be ammo...Don't be ammo..." Lol even it hates being ammo. But wheres the Companion Cube (c'mon you know its technically a crate)
  • Coconut265 - December 9, 2009 3:16 a.m.

What? Where is Companion Cube?!?! Companion Cube is clearly a crate, and one of particularly sensual and inviting design. Its perfectly angular beauty and the promise to never stab you makes it the greatest crate ever to exist in life. Companion Cube is, at the very least, the Jesus of crates.
  • TheCreamFilling - December 9, 2009 3:12 a.m.

Error: the "crate" in the second Halo 2 picture is not a crate, it's an ODST drop pod. Also, I always liked the crates from the Command & Conquer series, it was a fun gamble: it could reveal the entire map, give you some cash, or it could be a nuclear explosion!