• RebornKusabi - January 8, 2009 10:41 p.m.

The only thing I can remember about Jade Raymond is that hilarious comic she was "in", you know the one. What exactly is it that she did that was so important besides hold coat racks and fetch the other programmers coffee and food? Whatever... However you want real female role models in gaming then you gotta start with where they really matter- in video games. Chell, Alex Vance, Shanoa and others that I have forgotten have already paved the way, now it all relies on the game companies to figure out that "Hey, we ask gamers DO actually want strong female leads that are not half-naked and have huge tittie; I swear, we already know what new character is going to be in Soul Caliber 5... Ivy's breast! They are getting so massive that they might as well give them their own portrait! Oh and I would count Casual Mommy and Granny out of the picture just yet- there are still going to be decently rediculious sells on Casual games this year if the 2 goddamn million units of the Wii being sold is any indication of it! >_> In fact, I'm pretty positive that those "games" will over-shadow the better ones a la No More Heroes. I wouldn't call the success of the Wii a fad either- many of these same people that bought a Wii also said gaming as a whole was a fad during the late 80's/early 90's. Here is to hoping on Sega ****ing listening to people and making a 2-D Sonic game but the odds of that happening are very slim. Also I'm tired of Sony's ignorance, they need to get their shit together and make some good games besides MGS4, LBP and... actually that's all I can think of right now lol! Considering I own all three systems, I seem to be spending more time with my 360 then I do with my Wii or PS3 and that is pretty sad. Needless to say, good article and good job!
  • Snarf - January 8, 2009 9:16 p.m.

What is SecuROM, I keep hearing abount it but I don't know what it is exactly.
  • ELpork - January 8, 2009 9:06 p.m.

PS: Tekken 6: Ultra bloodline remix on the PSP is a no brainier as well.
  • cjzoom - January 8, 2009 8 p.m.

haha :D tumbleweed dlc for home :P
  • Jimmyjammy - January 8, 2009 7:30 p.m.

Oh I don't think I'll ever get over the loss of Timesplitters 4. For me this is like someone saying that there isn't going to be a new Metal Gear Solid, y'know, other than Hideo kojima (after every sequel).
  • fionnoh - January 8, 2009 5:23 p.m.

"Motion Plus will only invigorate games if developers make titles founded on interesting mechanics, inventive premises or deep gameplay." they wont, of course they wont. and if they do i'll die climbing the mountain of shovelware trying to get to it.
  • Tasty_Pasta - January 8, 2009 5:19 p.m.

"More loved than Bambi, Morgan Freeman and Fridays combined" Hahahaha, GR, you're fantastic. I have high hopes for '09