• Burdmayn - September 30, 2011 10:53 p.m.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Resistance 3 as the winner here but I can't say I disagree with the choice. I played a bit of the first two games and couldn't really get into either, but Resistance 3 pulled me in and kept me playing. I have no problem saying that it was the best FPS I've played in quite awhile (recently released Battlefield 3 beta aside). Gears 3 really is a fantastic game, but it just doesn't compare as an overall package to what Resistance 3 brought. That's my opinion at least, and you certainly are entitled to your own. Before you decide to post though, I think that most people need to realize that your OPINION is not fact. Saying, "this game was sodding garbage, Gears 3 rocks socks," is no more of an argument than me saying Pizza is the worst food in the world because I tried it once and didn't like it. If we could just sit back and look at these games objectively, maybe everyone would see where this decision came from. Sadly, this is the internet and that almost never happens. Why am I writing this mini-essay right now? I really don't know, I'm tired... BUT WAIT! Before I end this, let me just say to everyone complaining about the exclusion of ICO/SOTC collection. They clearly gave a reason as to why it was omitted, and no, Ocarina of Time was not the same type of game. They actually changed things in OOT, while ICO/SOTC are just HD remakes with special features thrown in. Does that make the collection any less great? Not at all. But what it does mean is that they aren't the same type of game. HD remake vs actual remake = not the same bloody thing. I'm sure ya'll will try to argue, but I don't care. I'm tired and I've said what I felt needed to be said. *passes out*
  • fullmetallegend - September 30, 2011 9:15 p.m.

I can just tell by the way the comments are worded that 90% of the people complaining haven't even played Resistance 3.
  • Kazmakistan - September 30, 2011 9:56 p.m.

Because it's a crappy game?
  • shawksta - September 30, 2011 8:33 p.m.

I dont know what to say except November will be one heck of a month! October, im just gonna predict its Rage and Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
  • irishriot33 - October 1, 2011 1:29 a.m.

except battlefield 3 will take cake
  • shawksta - October 1, 2011 2:39 a.m.

Huh, I forgot about that game, I thought it was gonna come out on November. I could care less to be honest, BF3 and MW3 are both generic mainstream shooters that will get high scores unless there are major flaws.
  • Xerxes667 - October 1, 2011 12:43 p.m.

Umm.... do either of you remember a little game coming out on October 18th call Batman: Arkham City? C'mon nothing else coming out in October will even come close.
  • shawksta - October 2, 2011 7:31 p.m.

wait WHAT? I though Arkham City was coming out in November?
  • Sjoeki - October 1, 2011 9:04 a.m.

I'm going for Batman AC in october, how do people keep forgetting that game?
  • Ironarm - October 1, 2011 9:29 a.m.

HOLY HELL! That comes out in like two weeks, doesn't it?
  • Sandman89 - September 30, 2011 8:08 p.m.

Knew GR would do this after i read the article comparing Gears 3 with spiderman 3 yesterday.Very bad reasoning, that "Gears 3 isnt the best in the series, Resistance 3 is". How stupid is that? Gears 3 is just a flat out better game than R3.
  • jakergreen - October 1, 2011 12:09 a.m.

It seems to me that it’s a bit like saying Star Wars episode III was better than episode VI because Attack of the Clones was utter crap.
  • QLev - September 30, 2011 8:02 p.m.

I have no problem with the choice, but I'm just curious why previous games should impact which of these two is better? I mean if you're comparing which was better for their franchise then sure, but when comparing them against each other why should that matter?
  • Sandman89 - September 30, 2011 8:05 p.m.

Couldnt have said it better myslef
  • Headstandz - September 30, 2011 7:58 p.m.

This is games of the month. Not the better game in the series. Gears clearly had so much more to try to over pass.
  • simon-daniel-soto-vidal - September 30, 2011 7:25 p.m.

Resistance is not a bad game, but it's a forgetable one. In a few years, nobody will remember the resistance saga, it's just one of the bunch.
  • NubberzTheHedgehog - September 30, 2011 7:58 p.m.

The only thing I can remember from Gears is Jacinto because it sounds cool. I've played the first two games of both series' and I like them. But I think that Resistance offers more. Both are great though. Still have to play the 3rd entry of both though.
  • Syncmaster - September 30, 2011 7:22 p.m.

oh no you didnt (goddamit, 20th time Im typing this freaking words to comment with no sucess, this article made me dumber)
  • Headstandz - September 30, 2011 7:17 p.m.

Good joke Gamesradar.
  • Kazmakistan - September 30, 2011 7:10 p.m.

Resistance is a better game? It has a worse story than Gears! Honestly, this site is getting worse and worse ever since I saw the whole "10 Reasons to Call of Duty Elite is worth it" article. I'm disappointed in this website.