• taokaka - June 8, 2012 7:31 a.m.

Oh poor baby, you're gonna have to save up your pocket money. http://ebgames.com.au/wiiu-153813-Wii-U---White-Estimated-price-Wii-U Make you feel better?
  • Tjwoods18 - June 8, 2012 11 a.m.

Holy shit!! $598? Why in the h3ll is nintendo thinking. When Sony introduced the ps3 at this point it sold very poorly.
  • Cyberninja - June 8, 2012 2:43 p.m.

Its because he is in Australia where everything is overpriced like a vita there costs $350 and that is just the excepted price.
  • lenny-boogie-butt-harris - June 8, 2012 7:31 a.m.

I was planning on that price anyway im not surprised. I think $349.99 is a great price. Walmart already had that price listing up since later April early May. This is a new system after all. People wanna pay nothing for something! smh. Better check Amazon looks like games for Wii U will be $59.99 (i expected those to go up to)
  • ttocs - June 8, 2012 7:32 a.m.

This is way too high. If this is indeed the price then I am skipping on release day and will pick up 2 months later after the inevitable price drop.
  • ObliqueZombie - June 8, 2012 8:04 a.m.

Well, being scarred by the atrocious launch that was the PS3, it's not too horrible. But I think I'll wait for the inevitable price drop.
  • Leathersoup - June 8, 2012 8:24 a.m.

... and that, kids, is how Nintendo committed suicide back in 2012.
  • Kyo - June 8, 2012 9:05 a.m.

KIND OF PRICEY DON'T YA THINK!? I'm hoping that it won't be any more than maybe $350.. because damn that's a lot to ask for now and days lol That's not including sales tax and the price of the games... "yay i got a wiiu!!.. and no games cuz i couldn't afford it." lol
  • PopeBenedictXVI - June 8, 2012 9:15 a.m.

I predict 199.99 GBP
  • bass88 - June 8, 2012 10:29 a.m.

GameCube was only £130 at launch? That was a bargin. I bought one long after launch so it was cheaper. Wow. Best price ever.
  • talleyXIV - June 8, 2012 11:10 a.m.

That controller probably costs them $30 manufacture, that thing is gigantic!
  • BackwaterRifle - June 8, 2012 12:33 p.m.

I never realised how much I wanted to play Pikmin 3, I'd probably be willing to drop up to $600 to do so. I'm a pikmin fiend.
  • slimjim441 - June 8, 2012 12:40 p.m.

NSMB-U? Cool. Pikmin 3? Cool. No Zelda or Metroid? GTFO. Until I hear about either of those two on the Wii U, I will not be throwing my money at this faux 8th gen system.
  • laurenhiya21 - June 8, 2012 1:37 p.m.

Well... I won't be getting it at launch that's for sure XD (I wasn't planning on doing so in the first place anyway but...) It's not that it's incredibly expensive I guess, but being an international student makes it nearly impossible to get a job (plus I am still in school until end of July...) Plus there (so far) hasn't been many games announced that am interested in. Pikmin 3 is about the only thing that I would definitely buy. ZombieU and NintendoLand don't look too bad though.
  • Falcon4196 - June 8, 2012 1:39 p.m.

If that is the actually price then Nintedo is going to have to prove its worth the extra cash over the 360 and PS3. Until we see the Hardware specs its going to be had to say whether or not it is. If the specs are only a modest improvement over the current consoles then its going to come down to exclusives. Frankly the fact they've only got two real first party games lined up for the launch window (Pikman 3, New Super Mario Bros 2) isn't inspiring. Based off of E3 Ubisoft is the only one taking the launch of the Wii U seriously.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - June 8, 2012 4:51 p.m.

$350? I doubt the casual gamers are going to pick this one up.
  • brennan-goold - June 9, 2012 1:06 a.m.

Good time for use of some grad money! Haha
  • Rambo 11 - June 9, 2012 5:25 p.m.

Can anyone convert this Australian dollars?
  • Japanaman - June 10, 2012 9:26 a.m.

UGH!!!
  • forestfire55 - June 10, 2012 3:35 p.m.

Can someone convert to $$$ not that make believe currency called £
  • Tjwoods18 - June 10, 2012 9:50 p.m.

Around 350 USD, I believe
  • Tjwoods18 - June 10, 2012 9:53 p.m.

Scratch that just realized that was british bound, so it would be around 430 USD