Topics

WTF

• RebornKusabi - December 15, 2010 5:12 a.m.

Did people REALLY take this article seriously, the dude makes BIG MONEY so it was all satire >_> Great stuff Tyler lol
  • smikey1123 - December 15, 2010 4:49 a.m.

nice one Tyler, been laughing at this for a while now
  • TheSugarRay - December 15, 2010 4:36 a.m.

Like there are several people that just imagine that they get paid to study market trends. I can almost see Barbra Walters interviewing Pacter's mother on a tearful cloud filtered interview (is Barbra still alive and on TV, not sure I read the paper and internet). Professional delusions: Industry Analyst. I've seen the guys Office, he gets paid.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - December 15, 2010 4:18 a.m.

Returning to my hole now, I'll come back when I have a story about Bobby Kotick.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - December 15, 2010 4:17 a.m.

Perhaps I should have written, "ATTENTION: SATIRE" at the beginning of this article. It wasn't really even meant to bash Pachter, it was meant to make fun of all the jobs we wish we had...such as making predictions, which may or may not be correct, and which many others who aren't 'analysts' have also made. So that was the joke then. It was because I thought it was funny that there'd be a study on 'fictitious jobs.' It was... because I want to make people laugh. le sigh.
  • PrimeSynergy - December 15, 2010 3:44 a.m.

Oh cool, someone bashing Pachter. Haven't seen that before.
  • garnsr - December 15, 2010 3:40 a.m.

Onion's what I thought, too, reading this. I'm not a big fan of the Onion, though. The bits seem to stretch too long.
  • bg93 - December 15, 2010 3:14 a.m.

I feel like we all knew this, not that no body knew it or felt the need to explain it. We just needed some kind of proof. And now we have it. And I can sleep now.
  • CancerMan - December 15, 2010 3:01 a.m.

Wait a minute. I suspect this article may not be completely serious.
  • Amnesiac - December 15, 2010 2:50 a.m.

@Inthedistrict: The article is and everything in it is a joke.
  • WoodyWoodrowAndThePanfluteOfDestiny - December 15, 2010 2:19 a.m.

More, more, more! Best Gamsrader articles have little to do with videogames
  • Inthedistrict - December 15, 2010 2:07 a.m.

I don't claim to know any major accomplishments Michael Pachter has made toward the video game industry (if any), but this article seems more like a complete smear campaign than anything enlightening. A Harvard study claims that industry analysts are fictitious? Well, that's an incredibly generalized statement made toward an entire line of professionals. Ironically, most studies are taken with a grain of salt considering their unsavory reputation for contradicting one another. But this study is from Harvard, so that adds a layer of credibility, right? Would anyone like to elaborate on the details of this "Harvard study"? I'm calling foul on this article.
  • SenorHurt - December 15, 2010 1:40 a.m.

This was very entertaining Tyler.Thanks Hope you're on the Talkradar this week to give them the scope on this developing story ;-)
  • rockstarsean - December 15, 2010 1:38 a.m.

How about a new feature "Patcher of the week" Where you get random reader to give a pointless prediction or say something completely meaningless about the industry, then track the *bullshitness* of them. And have some boobs.
  • ventanger - December 15, 2010 1:10 a.m.

Hahaha, this article is just as real and steeped in fact as Pachtors 'valued' information.
  • Turboash - December 15, 2010 1:10 a.m.

Anyone else find themselves reading the article in the voice of the author?
  • frmonth - December 15, 2010 1:02 a.m.

Best thing I have read on the internet in ages, Tyler you schould be proud.
  • KnightDehumidifier - December 15, 2010 12:58 a.m.

He won't quit, he just won't. He has to keep working on the "Wii is a fad" theory. A theory that he's been working on at least 4 years now. He wants to be the Albert Einstein of batshit video game theories.
  • rockstarsean - December 15, 2010 12:39 a.m.

^^^*FEEL. My Bad.
  • rockstarsean - December 15, 2010 12:37 a.m.

Shit what date is it today!!! December 15th? I want it to be real, a fake news story on GR doesn't fell right *gets over it*