Topics

WTF

• eightbitforlife - December 17, 2010 7:02 a.m.

And this, boys and girls, is what happens when you become a fanboy trapped in the basement for far too long.
  • Genericpenisjoketista - December 16, 2010 12:56 a.m.

Pachter seems like a nice guy. This article was sort of mean.
  • Crabhand - December 16, 2010 12:36 a.m.

Damn, I'm surprised so many people didn't get this >_> Still a great article, Tyler. Take solace that your humor was smarter.
  • Eliath - December 15, 2010 11:49 p.m.

I loved the article Tyler. Good satire isn't as common as I'd like.
  • karooo - December 15, 2010 9:17 p.m.

Hilarious good job.
  • atomgrad - December 15, 2010 8:42 p.m.

Best news article of the year
  • TFUPrivateIron - December 15, 2010 7:21 p.m.

@bleugh: Are you new to this world, or are you really that stupid?
  • atomicsandman - December 15, 2010 4:53 p.m.

My God towards the end I actually thought this was real, LOL.
  • bleugh - December 15, 2010 2:52 p.m.

this coming from someone who get s paid to write articles like this? real job fail. I'm sorry Tyler but you're no more legitimate than he is and he's quite a nice guy, so stop taking the piss
  • mockraven - December 15, 2010 1:57 p.m.

Loved the article. As I read it, I heard one of those Discovery Channel Narrators speaking dramatically in my mind -- a sad, serious tone with that "Australian" accent that Australians don't have -- and the family/friends speaking as though they had been crying. It was very entertaining. I would have loved to see a video interview of the "family and friends," but I know that would take a fair bit of time to film and edit. Anyway, nice work! It's much appreciated.
  • db1331 - December 15, 2010 1:11 p.m.

Great work Tyler. I can't believe this went over so many people's heads.
  • philipshaw - December 15, 2010 12:59 p.m.

Good to see the lack of game news around Christmas isn't stopping you from writing fake stories
  • SincualaS - December 15, 2010 10:35 a.m.

^should be "does not discourage"
  • SincualaS - December 15, 2010 10:31 a.m.

I hope the fact that some people don't get the joke do not discourage Tyler (or any other gamesradar contributor) from writing these type of articles. While I also admit to enjoying the reviews and the "Characters We'd Go Gay For" type articles, I think this type is pretty funny and a welcome change of pace every now and again.
  • CaptainSalmon - December 15, 2010 10:26 a.m.

I can see it now: Michael Pachter predicts rise in comedy articles for Q4 2010. It will be posted on GamesRadar, CVG, IGN, and every other creditable gaming news site. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP.
  • KidKatana - December 15, 2010 10:23 a.m.

“I don’t think the public realizes how dangerous and common these delusions are,” said lead researcher Ronald Boulder in a recent interview. “I see these people, and they tell me they’re going to go ‘work’ at a ‘think tank,’ and I just shake my head,” he added. “One of my subjects told me he’s a ‘social media trend analyst.’ What can I do? I say to them, ‘That’s not a job. It just isn’t,’ but they don’t hear me. It’s very sad.” Big words from a man whose job is purportedly researching the fake jobs that other people claim to have.
  • juicenpancakes - December 15, 2010 8:23 a.m.

100%, total lolz. God I love GR.
  • TFUPrivateIron - December 15, 2010 7:01 a.m.

Very Onion-esque. I like it. Although I actually like Michael Pachter. He's said several times that he doesn't know why people give a crap about his opinions. But hell, if you're gonna get paid to do it, you might as well.
  • DreamWeaverPL - December 15, 2010 5:54 a.m.

I wish this story was true. I mean, it would be heartwarming to see the famili of this deluded psycho care so much for his mental health, lol (i made that lol on purpose, lol, because Pachter means sad lols).
  • elpurplemonkey - December 15, 2010 5:53 a.m.

Good stuff.