• pl4y4h - April 16, 2014 5:14 p.m.

Triple Blue Shell confirmed for MK8 lol
  • J-Fid - April 16, 2014 7:32 p.m.

That actually sounds pretty cool. Imagine the ridiculous amount of pandemonium that would ensue.
  • winner2 - April 17, 2014 6:06 a.m.

I mean there would literally be riots in the streets
  • J-Fid - April 17, 2014 8:02 a.m.

Hey if it's an optional item, I would play with it when I'm not playing seriously. Who doesn't like more explosions in their video games?
  • homestar99 - April 16, 2014 4:27 p.m.

Fucking Blue Shell. It wasn't all that bad until they removed the ability to dodge it in MK Wii. Why would you want to take out the guy in first place when you can only get the item while dragging behind, it's pointless.
  • alexandre-bret - April 18, 2014 9:08 p.m.

Its be cool if you could target what player you wanted to hit
  • universaltofu - April 16, 2014 3:52 p.m.

I like stars, triple green shells, and the golden mushroom the best. Red shells seem less satisfying to me as the series has gone on, just not as reliable as they once were.
  • J-Fid - April 16, 2014 5:16 p.m.

You can't be serious, red shells have been getting buffed in each new game. Before, they could barely go around corners. Now they can fly! Play MK 7.
  • universaltofu - April 16, 2014 6:32 p.m.

I just finished mirror mode this week, haven't gotten 3 stars on everything yet though, maybe reliable isn't the right word, effective maybe. I'm sure mechanically the red shell is better than it's ever been, but I just don't wish for it anymore when that item box is spinning, I don't feel as empowered by it when I use it.
  • J-Fid - April 16, 2014 7:34 p.m.

I don't know if you could ever feel "empowered" when using a red shell. It practically does the work for you.
  • universaltofu - April 16, 2014 8:06 p.m.

When it does work yeah. With the red shell it's a more noticeable contrast of success and failure. So when one hits I'm like 'ok, yeah, you did exactly what you were supposed to' and when one misses I'm like '>___>'. I'm not saying they aren't the best item, just not my favorite, at least not anymore. I'm not sure why you are getting hung up on my word choice, especially when it comes to me feeling or having felt something. It's an item, something I the player don't have by default, and when I get it, the kart in front of me is at my mercy, hence the empowerment. Are you done? Your opinion is right ok.
  • J-Fid - April 16, 2014 3:11 p.m.

You forgot the fireball from Double Dash. Ranked too high: Fake Item Box Thunder Cloud Super Leaf Fire Flower Ranked too low: Blooper (works well on computers) Mushroom Yoshi/Birdo Egg Red Shell Bullet Bill I'll be happy to elaborate anything if necessary.
  • aadsit22cps - April 18, 2014 1:36 p.m.

I agree on the blooper, because on my DS I just look at the bottom screen when I get hit by 1 of those. -_-
  • winner2 - April 16, 2014 3:11 p.m.

I love the giant banana so much.
  • Vonter - April 16, 2014 2:52 p.m.

I didn't play MK Wii but the POW block and the Thunder Cloud sound really annoying. The logic of the blue shell sounds hilarious. Why annoy the first racer if you're not anywhere near him? What do you get out of it? Could you imagine if FPS had a variation of that item, like a gun that fired a bullet that automatically targeted the guy with the killing streak.
  • aadsit22cps - April 18, 2014 1:46 p.m.

Pow block, I agree. But gun wise, NO, because my lil bro plays DS AND wii versions. TIP FOR BLUE SHELLS: Wait till your in fourth, third, or second place to shoot it.
  • g1rldraco7 - April 16, 2014 2:30 p.m.

These items can make a friendly game into a competitive friend hating match. Those blue shells, how I loathe thee and those stars that make you or anyone who gets them invincible is just GRRRRRR >.<