Topics

editorial

• masterjoe123 - March 7, 2013 3:48 a.m.

EA should just stick to sports games.
  • FoxdenRacing - March 7, 2013 10:33 a.m.

They can't even do those well...it's why they started gobbling up 'exclusivity' contracts...they losing out to what Midway and 2K were bringing to the table, so instead of making a better product started throwing money around in an attempt to convince the various governing bodies to make sure EA sports games are the only sports games. NFL took the bait.
  • DirkSteele1 - March 7, 2013 1:27 a.m.

I have loved Sim City since the very first launched many years ago, but EA you have lost one sale as I am not prepared to pay for a product and deal with all these issues.
  • Vordhosbn - March 7, 2013 1:13 a.m.

Was really looking forward to this game. I stayed optimistic when the naysayers said EA would mess it up, and I was still prepared to try it after the reviews said it was full of bugs and the maps were tiny. But I guess this just isn't worth buying at the moment, too many problems, microtransactions, DRM silliness and bad vibes. EA, you suck.
  • Zeedar - March 7, 2013 12:39 a.m.

This is not about some great online social gameplay experience. I can play alone if I want to. So why can't I play offline? This is DRM, the kind that makes paying costumers suffer. Not cool. Did they learn nothing from error 37?
  • sandplasma - March 6, 2013 10:10 p.m.

I was going to buy it but not no mo.
  • wadesmit - March 7, 2013 6:19 a.m.

Bubba from Forrest Gump no longer wants to buy SimCity.
  • wadesmit - March 6, 2013 10:07 p.m.

It's a pity that this launch was so terrible, because it's actually forced me to hold off my purchase of this game indefinitely. I don't want to wait to buy a game (game releases here in South Africa on the 8th -- that's another story) just for it to frustrate me and make me repeat the tutuorial every time I just want to switch servers. By then, though, with the international roll-out of SimCity, maybe the servers will have stabilized, mayber they'll be worse, who knows. What I'm pretty sure of, at least, is that this is scaring away a lot of gamers who otherwise would be buying this game up day one.
  • Fuzunga - March 6, 2013 9:17 p.m.

ServerProblem Islands. Nice.
  • dkao12 - March 6, 2013 8:15 p.m.

If this is what Simcity 5 is like then I can't wait to see Command and Conquer Free-to-Play.... seriously wtf EA!?
  • Morethan3words - March 6, 2013 7:48 p.m.

When this story first broke I responded with: "Weird, I haven't had any problems. I downloaded as soon as it went live and played for 7 hours straight." ... 3 lost cities, about 5 "introductory scenarios" and countless updates downloaded later... I still cant get on. Me and my big freaking mouth.
  • Netsurfer733 - March 6, 2013 7:41 p.m.

Why EA sucks example # 1071837158032.
  • winner2 - March 6, 2013 7:05 p.m.

Coop, how many stables/ranches/farms do you have in your city? I'm just curious. Btw, you sound seriously ticked, I hope this gets fixed/improved ASAP. You're right, EA dropped the ball big time.
  • BladedFalcon - March 6, 2013 7:46 p.m.

The Irony is that Cooper was actually totally alright with the idea of the game being always online a few months back, as evidenced by some of the talks in previous RadioRadar Podcasts. Even though others were skeptical he thought it didn't matter... And to think, this thing was on the top 10 most anticipated games of this site, and probably mainly because Cooper kept pushing for it...
  • winner2 - March 6, 2013 7:48 p.m.

Wow, talk about a kick in the teeth.
  • FemJesse - March 6, 2013 8:12 p.m.

This is true, but I don't think this is an "I told you so" moment because he also said that it has to work 100% of the time, which it clearly isn't. If it did, it would add interesting dynamics to the game. A whole lotta "ifs" I wish that it was working so I could import and export to the GamesRadar Great Works and I'm really sad that it's not. This race is becoming pretty lame.
  • BladedFalcon - March 6, 2013 8:14 p.m.

True, and yeah, ideally, it probably shouldn't have been a problem. But still, the way he talked about it back then made him sound like he was totally confident it would work and that the idea of always online was totally cool, even though everyone else was groaning.
  • GR HollanderCooper - March 6, 2013 8:13 p.m.

I'm still alright with it always being online. It not working isn't related to that ;)
  • BladedFalcon - March 6, 2013 8:23 p.m.

Well, but you're obviously annoyed that the game isn't working, right? something that wouldn't be a game-breaker issue at all if the game had the option of being playable off-line to begin with.
  • GR HollanderCooper - March 6, 2013 9:06 p.m.

I don't consider it to be the same problem. Right now, yeah, but it doesn't have to be that way.