• Beoftw - June 28, 2012 4:05 p.m.

This game is NOT for League of Legends players. If you haven't played dota 1, do yourselves a favor and go play that first before you think you can get into a game and rape. LoL is a watered down version of dota 1 with absolutely all the strategic elements of dota taken out of it. This game is a lot harder, and you will work a LOT more for the items you carry in game. After playing wc3's dota since 2006, I did play LoL for a time only to find it to be extremely unbalanced and had very bad annoyances. Any dota 1 vet out there who wants a revamped version of the classic game NEEDS TO PLAY THIS. Aside from a small handful of issues that will most likely be sorted out, this game is the most perfect reinvention of DOTA ever made. Valve is a godsend and everything they touch perfect <3. p.s. If you still think u can play dota 2 after only playing LoL, do the rest of us a favor and stick to getting raped in bot matches please <3 no one wants to carry you.
  • plurality - June 28, 2012 5:35 p.m.

Wow you sound so ignorant. I play both and do well in both, people like you fuel unneeded hate between the two communities. And high-level LoL play isn't unbalanced. The article doesn't even mention LoL, get over yourself.
  • Beoftw - June 28, 2012 7:20 p.m.

Look up the word ignorant, and learn what it means. The difference between you and me is, I have also played both and dont lie to myself about the major differences.
  • Rambo 11 - June 29, 2012 12:28 a.m.

You played LoL for a time, how is that enough to make you an expert. If your complaining about getting destroyed in bot matches you obviously weren't very good or haven't played in a very long time.
  • Beoftw - June 30, 2012 4:51 p.m.

account name:beoftw. I could give a rats ass how good u think I am. The fact of the matter is league of legends caters to 12 year olds that don't want to deal with advanced strategic elements that confuse them. Jesus christ go play an RTS and see what I mean already.
  • Tinnuwen - August 12, 2014 5:02 a.m.

Well of course it should be a bit easier to play. It is acclaimed to be the "Beginner's MOBA", therefor, you will get some immature players. Once you get into the high elo matches you definitely need some strategy skill built up in order to win most games. Also, what in all of France's cheesy-ness are you suggesting DotA shouldn't be played by LoL players. A) That is a little harsh on those who do want to transit into DotA. B) Why are you suggesting that all League players are bad? You haven't played against a good team then [Or a Jax, a fed Vayne, AP Sona...]. C) Weither or not someone from another MOBA plays is is NONE of your business. You are actually being either a Toxic member of the community [Which you probably should be ashamed of, considering DotA's community is known as one of the most friendliest of all the MOBAs.] or a troll wanting attention from sensitive, butthurt internet surfers.
  • Beoftw - August 12, 2014 2:26 p.m.

You realize this post is 2 years old right....n league of legends didn't even have a queue leaver system at the time.
  • seanhayden - June 30, 2012 4:06 p.m.

have u even played solo queue ranked? lol
  • peter-hansen - June 28, 2012 5:08 p.m.

Whats is up with all the Lol hate people. Its like i am not allowed to play Dota because i also play Lol. Why so bloody competive? ...... Atleast in Lol im allowed to try the game :/ I havent got anything against Dota 2 and would like to try but frankly people are scaring me off since it seems like i have to be a pro from step 1 to avoid hard rage. (sorry for sucky grammar)
  • HipsterRainbowDash - June 30, 2012 2:15 a.m.

Strange, I had the opposite happen to me.
  • Tinnuwen - August 12, 2014 4:56 a.m.

I'm going to play DotA soon [Former LoL player, my internet hates Riot for some reason.] but my sister [Ranked League player] knows plenty about DotA and is interested in playing it. I think you might have encountered some Trolls and Toxic players. [League has plenty, but I've only encountered one. Lucky me. They were on the other team so I got to maim them.] One way to avoid rage is to not do rather obvious things [I can assume you know the noob mistakes since you are from another moba]. Admit to being rather new [Everything is a learning experience] and try not to play a carry role right off the bat [Try something more for the mid lane, very good to learn.] Also. You could just see what they are attempting to steer you towards [Like if you are a Strength Hero, you probably shouldn't go bot but rather top or maybe jungle. Or if you are an Agility Hero, avoid going top as much as you can until late game for ganking.] Other than that. You have had some serious bad luck. I really hope it gets better :)