• AsheDarkthorne - August 13, 2013 3:16 p.m.

I wish Microsoft would have never listen to the "Vocal Minority" and stop with these 180 spins. I don't need my "Next-Gen" console to be the same machine I have owned for the last 6+ years. They need to stick behind their innovations and tell the common fodder that claims it's their supporters to learn what the new things are before they dictate what should be for those that actually support the system and innovation. Microsoft needs to keep the Kinect sold with system so developers get to explore all possibilities and not toss it aside so that they throw shovelware like this generations Kinect has received. Stick to your guns Microsoft and stop getting your innovations choked by the sheep that are looking for you to fail anyway.
  • BladedFalcon - August 13, 2013 3:42 p.m.

And yet you sound like the sheep that desperately tried to justify the Xbone did, whether is was actually good or not... hmmm.
  • ollyn - August 13, 2013 9:25 p.m.

I was an xbox owner then a 360 owner, but about 1-2 years ago I switched over to PS3 after my 360 bit the dust. I have been really happy with it, there is something to be said for not paying out £40 to use netflix (i rarely play online). I realise Sony have implemented the online play charge but I am already a Plus subscriber. Heck PS Plus alone is a large reason why I am so happy on the system. Then it comes down to the games, whilst initially 360 was where all the games i wanted to play were (oblivion, bioshock, mass effect) 3rd party exclusives became fewer and fewer and Microsofts own gaming lien up had become very stale with continued releases of Forze (great game), GoW and Halo. On the other hand sony's lineup became more and more compelling culminating with The Last of Us, which for me is the single most compelling reason to get a PS4. If they can keep bringing exclusives of that quality I am good with a PS4. The changes have made me think I might get a XB1 somewhere down the line, but my experience with my 360 dying, PS plus, and the great exclusives pretty much put me in the sony camp. It could all change though.
  • Metalocalypse - August 13, 2013 3:09 p.m.

Hell no. Never liked any xbox or micocrap. Sony's my baby. But to be fair the first xbox was good came with halo so hooked people in.
  • watevermanimlost - August 13, 2013 2:05 p.m.

I think xbox one needs to do a complete 360 degrees from the point of origin.... then it would be worth a second chance.
  • DEMONTHESE2211 - August 13, 2013 2:16 p.m.

So you would be fine with the original machine as presented?
  • watevermanimlost - August 13, 2013 4:05 p.m.

Yep. Well after a price drop.... but yes
  • Syniax - August 13, 2013 4:15 p.m.

I would have been with the original plans xbox had because it was actually taking a step out of the shadows and doing something new in its case. It would have divided the 2 consoles. But now all xbox is doing is trying to get everything up to ps4 standards because it fears it will fall out of the rat race... even when the pre orders for xbox have been doing so well... smh
  • Jakeman893 - August 13, 2013 1:26 p.m.

"you wouldn’t be able to play your games from other consoles or accounts" False. You would be able to access all your games from any console and share your game library with 10 accounts.
  • Jakeman893 - August 14, 2013 8:35 p.m.

They were not timed demos, look up the responses to that speculation from Microsoft execs. One I believe said "No, that would be silly"
  • Jakeman893 - August 15, 2013 7:05 a.m.

While its true that the execs downplayed always online, are you really so narcissistic to believe that you are important enough to have someone be hired and paid to watch you sit in your underwear and play videogames? Also, used game blocking is completely overblown you would still be able to get the crappy trade in value from Gamestop and other companies, you just would not be able to sell it on a site like eBay. The person that you are referencing in the article seems to be the author of it, those responses from the execs are pretty straight forward and not open to interpretation. Also, what would they have to gain from lying about an already cancelled feature?
  • Jakeman893 - August 15, 2013 10:13 a.m.

Whatever, my original point still stands. You were able to access your personal games from any console that you sign into. Also, what previous action has led you to believe that they would use anyone's personal information for advertising? Maybe if it were Google. Most of the "journalists" who reported on the "xbone" (hilarious by the way) were not real journalists, they were just bloggers who have no consequences for putting out false information. The specifics of their policies were on the Xbox Wire blog on day 1. I agree, there was much tap dancing and word twisting but I do not recall one time when they contradicted themselves. That is unless you count recalling the policy, in which case you are correct.
  • Jakeman893 - August 14, 2013 8:42 p.m.

In fact, here is a link http://kotaku.com/rumor-about-xbox-one-family-sharings-downsides-has-fla-534484570
  • pl4y4h - August 13, 2013 1:14 p.m.

Tbh I never understood why people bought consoles at launch period. So I'll let those guys test the waters and make my decision a couple of months or even a year from then