• gamegod19 - February 10, 2012 11:03 a.m.

While I don't think Blizzard can do much about it I do agree it is kind of messed up for another company to take that name it would be like blizzard making a Counter Strike game.
  • Asmodean - February 10, 2012 11:25 a.m.

counter strike is a TM game and name, DOTA is not, sorry but Blizzard only started to care when they noticed money being made, now they are crying foul. They Should shut their Activision owned pie holes and get back to work on Diablo 3 or Heart of the Swarm.
  • mariostyle - February 10, 2012 1:43 p.m.

Nope. Counter-strike started out as a mod of Half-Life.
  • Asmodean - February 10, 2012 2:49 p.m.

Ahh yes but it has been TM now after valve employed the moders
  • Grumzkar - February 10, 2012 11:21 p.m.

Asmodean, were you not balefired?
  • chrisq823 - February 11, 2012 4:36 p.m.

grunzkar thats awesome love me some wot
  • IChooseUAntistaMON - February 10, 2012 11:32 a.m.

The weird thing is that all four of these companies are beloved by the fans. If you look at the "March Mayhem" bracket on the escapist 3 of the four companies made it to the final four and bethesda fell just one round short, making it to the elite 8
  • Blasto - February 10, 2012 12:23 p.m.

I think Blizzard is in the right here. Valve simply has no right to use the name "Dota" Also, Icefrog didn't make DotA.
  • DF344 - February 10, 2012 5:30 p.m.

• DF344 - February 10, 2012 5:32 p.m.

Now I'm no legal expert, but I think that kinda covers it... Otherwise who here is a lawyer?
  • Fiirestorm21 - February 10, 2012 8:01 p.m.

I don't see how Valve legally is in the wrong here. I don't necessarily support it, but Blizzard has no claim to it, nor is there any particular legal reason why Valve shouldn't have it. It's like the Bethesda/Interplay deal with Fallout, except with the stand-in for Interplay not even having any claim to begin with. Not a great conclusion, but a fair one nonetheless.
  • TheGuy0526 - February 12, 2012 6:59 p.m.

wow, valve is pulling a serious bitch move. I hope Blizzard shuts them down.