• Helios - February 18, 2011 2:59 p.m.

Shame on you, Activision. Shame on you.
  • PortalFTW - February 18, 2011 2:55 p.m.

Whenever I see the James Bond pictures in the montage I think of it as what they would to those heartless people that shut them down... Activision
  • 8bitBaby - February 18, 2011 2:50 p.m.

i hate seeing game studios and animation studios close. it's the saddest thing in the world. it's like your child dying in your arms. it always scares me and my friends. what does the future hold, can these industries survive? *crawls back into bed*
  • CoryRX8 - February 18, 2011 2:24 p.m.

I really can't stand day-traders and their "only this this quarter matters" mentality. Because of people like them, short-sighted, awful businessmen like Kotick can spend a ton of money buying great developers like Bizarre, underutilize them and underpromote their games, then shut them down without the investors noticing because this quarter's Call of Duty sales were high enough to keep them from questioning him. He has completely sacrificied the long term profitability of the company in a short term cash grab, but day-traders don't care, because they'll just dump Activision's stock when the Call of Duty money starts to slow and move on. Whatever happened to long-term investments? Bizarre's games could have been blockbusters if they had been adequately promoted by Activision, and Activision could have had a AAA stable of racing franchises similar to what EA enjoys. But do Kotick and the day-traders care? No, because it isn't Call of Duty. I just hope that Bizarre's staff can get back together and open a new studio soon. We know they won't be selling to Activision again.
  • reveffect - February 18, 2011 2:17 p.m.

Damn it. Bizarre Creations was one of the first studios that I actually claimed to be one of my favorites when I really started to get into gaming and pay attention to the developers and studios and not just the games themselves. I remember the very first game of theirs I played was PGR2 and I fell in love with its great racing and its awesome/massive soundtrack that spanned many music genres and languages. It even had the first geometry wars game in it as a easter egg in the garage. Ever since then I have been buying their games and never regretted buying any of them. I really do hope they come back under a new studio name though because they really were a great company. As for activision they can burn in hell for all I care now. Everyone is tired of call of duty games and they are to blinded by money to realize it.
  • GR_DavidHoughton - February 18, 2011 2:06 p.m.

Earlier this week, I'd forgotten this was happening today. Last night I played Blur for the first time in ages and remembered how awesome it is. Then halfway through I remembered I was playing it on the eve of sadness. Made me even more glad I was playing it.
  • Teegro - February 18, 2011 1:58 p.m.

Bobby kotic should be hung up from his fat greedy face for letting this happen!! I have a copy of blur and think it's an amazing game, so were the PGR titles. The club... Hmmm... Less so but even blood stone, while bland, was at least fun to some degree! It just should have had a different team developing it. With infinity ward a shell of it's former self and now only WoW being the companies only other title of note this is going to be the year that Activision could end up on the scrap heap and after this debacle I really hope so!!
  • KnightDehumidifier - February 18, 2011 1:50 p.m.

So long, fair prince, the lord holds thee now.
  • blakebeauchamp - February 18, 2011 1:36 p.m.

Activision needs to get their shit straight, maybe if they'd stop rammming call of duty down everyone's throats advertisement wise, they could promote some of the better games they're publishing.
  • mrmorozov987 - February 18, 2011 1:35 p.m.

... *sniff*... NO I AM NOT CRYING! ... *sniff*
  • FVDub - February 18, 2011 1:34 p.m.

Seriously, how many jobs has Activision destroyed this month alone? First DJ and Guitar Hero and now Bizarre? Terrible.
  • FVDub - February 18, 2011 1:29 p.m.

EA better pick some of these guys up, to screw with Activision and to give Geometry Wars a new home.
  • Pytor - February 18, 2011 1:26 p.m.

This sucks. Goodbye to a really good developer. I think I'll play some PGR4 today :)
  • Openwound - February 18, 2011 1:23 p.m.

I'm sorry. I was sort of distracted near the mid-point thinking about Ocean's Eleven. Still, a shame.
  • nyef - February 18, 2011 1:23 p.m.

it's getting pretty sad seeing Activision cutting off these organizations, especially since these companies helped Activision by making some really great games... wonder what will be next... :(
  • Goug - February 18, 2011 1:14 p.m.

It's so wrong. Activision's greed on the short term is going to come back right in their face. And they don't even know it. They just have COD and Blizzard now... ("the first racing game to recreate real life cities in ridiculous detail". I think it was Midtown Madness, but whatever )
  • strikmer - February 18, 2011 1:08 p.m.

Activation will regret this, the heartless bastards
  • MuleVariant - February 18, 2011 1:04 p.m.

Seems like this shit is happening every other week nowadays.
  • nedubis - February 18, 2011 1 p.m.

Sad day indeed. I remember being blown away by F1 '97 back in the day. Also really enjoyed Fur Fighters on Dreamcast, which I think they developed too.
  • MilesH - February 18, 2011 12:44 p.m.

Poorly served by a disinterested publisher, Bizarre's demise is a kick in the teeth to not just that developer, but to any independent outfit struggling to keep up with the ludicrously high demands of the stack 'em high industry. Grr. Rest not in peace, but retribution.