• codystovall - April 3, 2013 7:49 p.m.

meh, this game needed more songbird and less bs.
  • LordRevan111 - April 3, 2013 8:08 p.m.

You're not that big on the whole, deep, philosophical, thinking stuff are you?
  • codystovall - April 4, 2013 6:45 a.m.

Not at the cost of a good story and game.
  • Redeater - April 3, 2013 9:09 p.m.

And the internet needs less people who complain about profound games with sound narratives..... Looks like neither of us are going to get our wish.
  • avantguardian - April 3, 2013 9:17 p.m.

it amazes me how motivated you have been to piss on this game. we get it, it underwhelmed you. move on.
  • Dadyo238 - April 3, 2013 5:16 p.m.

Holy shit, this game just got a million times better. Great article!
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - April 3, 2013 5:03 p.m.

So one thing I'm not entirely clear on. How does drowning Booker stop Comstock from existing, but somehow leave Booker in the end? Shouldn't drowning Booker at that point either stop them both from existing or just leave the version that becomes Comstock?
  • digiart247 - April 3, 2013 5:56 p.m.

The Booker that gets baptized and becomes Comstock gets drowned. The Booker who doesn't get baptized lives. Two separate universes. And since Comstock doesn't come to exist then Comstock and Letuce don't come into Non-baptized/Gambling/drunk Brooker's world and take Anna aka baby Elizabeth. Other Bookers of Baptized and non Baptized also exist in different worlds I think too, Like a Booker that gets baptized but doesn't become Comstock which also fixes the Problem of Comstock.
  • Yazeedz - April 3, 2013 11:46 p.m.

They killed Booker before his was baptized. Because thats how Comstock was born. Booker accepted to be baptized and bacame Comstock, but they killed him before he does that. In another alternative world, he didn't want to be baptized, and he never became Comstock, and lived to be an alcoholic while keeping his daughter, Anna, who was safe because the Booker that became Comstock was killed.
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - April 4, 2013 2:19 p.m.

Yeah, I got that. But isn't the whole point that they go back to the point in time before Booker's potential futures diverged into Comstock and the Booker that had Anna? Killing that Booker should kill them both, not just Comstock.
  • Yazeedz - April 4, 2013 2:28 p.m.

No, they killed the Booker that became Comstock. But there is another world that Booker lives in without becoming Comstock that wasn't get killed, and lived with his daughter Anna.
  • thesilentassassin - April 3, 2013 4:59 p.m.

i have heard a big rumor that some version of Elizabeth was the angel that was seen by anthony that led him to create columbia does any one know if there was any truth to that?
  • thesilentassassin - April 3, 2013 5:02 p.m.

i meant comstock
  • winner2 - April 3, 2013 3:46 p.m.

This is a good explanation, I made sense of it on my own but I definitely hadn't thought of him being ryan too. And god damn, when she warps you, her and songbird to rapture and I saw water, I just knew what had happened and I literally got wide eyed and my mouth fell open. That was the greatest thing they could have possibly filled that moment with.
  • avantguardian - April 3, 2013 9:03 p.m.

certainly was a pretty rad moment.
  • MayorOfAmerica - April 11, 2013 11:32 a.m.

Pretty much one of the most epic moments in video game history! My jaw dropped to the floor! :-)
  • StrayGator - April 3, 2013 3:32 p.m.

Did anyone notice the branching diagram on the wall in the zeppelin's captain's cabin? need to revisit that. Besides, Why did the Luteces need booker to begin with? being practically omnipresent they could easily straighten things on their own. Don't give me some Dr. Manhattan nihilist excuse - they do care enough to enlist a respectable quantity of Bookers (as evidenced on the Heads/Tails chalkboard). Also, Lutece's house has a double bed. WWWWHHHHHYYYYYYYY??????!!!!!!
  • shadowshaq - April 3, 2013 4:08 p.m.

while I cant say anything about the first part, the Lutece's had a double bed because they were living with each other
  • Xeromus - April 3, 2013 3:10 p.m.

Thank you so much for this article it helped me with the missing pieces that I didn't understand
  • runner - April 3, 2013 3:06 p.m.

There is one theory about the post credit scene, when Booker run to Anna, that I read in GameFaqs board and find it's very interesting. Sorry that I can't find the actual topic. The post credit scene is a classic Schroedinger's cat situation which is use to explain the vague concept of parallel universe in quantum physics or something like that. You never know whether the cat is still alive in that box as long as you don't open it so, before you open it there are 2 possible universe which cat is alive and another that it's already dead. Since the post credit scene cut off just before we actually see if Anna is there or not it's almost the same situation.