• Dracosphinx - August 18, 2010 1:09 a.m.

Complete nerdgasm...
  • ProjectReise - August 18, 2010 12:47 a.m.

This game looks perfect.
  • sleepy92ismypsn - August 18, 2010 12:17 a.m.

"We know it’s possible to telekinetically disarm enemies and shoot them with their own guns". "we’ve seen a co-op feature that enables Booker and Elizabeth to combine their Plasmid-like powers to unleash massive destruction against their enemies". I didn't see any of that in the trailer. Did you see something we didn't. Anyways I think a cool way to get around colombia is if there was a plasmid that gave you the ability to fly. Mikel, you've brought my anticipation to new heights.
  • Lemurian - August 18, 2010 12:10 a.m.

i really dont understand the hype over this game its just bioshock...in the sky replace big daddies with steampunk robots and little sisters with elizebeth and thats it
  • n00b - August 17, 2010 11:57 p.m.

Relax BearKiller & JADENkOTOR. they could do a final fantasy type deal where each game has the name final fantasy but each one is completely different from each other. i think that would make more sense.
  • CoktorBloktopus - August 17, 2010 11:42 p.m.

damn fine journalism i hope we get everything you were asking for Mikel that would really put Bioschock over top in my book if that all happened.
  • JADENkOTOR - August 17, 2010 10:52 p.m.

@ BearKiller: I couldn't agree more... If its a completely different Universe make it a completely different game. I don't think almost any of the things you have mentioned will make it into the game but its fun to wish I guess. They have set this up to be just as confined and linear as the previous two. It has separate buildings all connected by a transit... that sounds oddly familiar and is very disappointing. The civilians and moral compass are good thoughts and every game could use a beefier more creative inventory, but I don't see that happening. I expect to see a game that uses the same old formula and doesn't try to add much in gameplay or gimmicks.
  • JohnnyMaverik - August 17, 2010 10:50 p.m.

I agreed with all of this... well not so sure on it being more open worldy than Bioshock or flight combat (although I expect to see both, I'm just not convinced, yet) but the rest is 100%.
  • batman5273 - August 17, 2010 10:47 p.m.

good article
  • iJizzLots - August 17, 2010 10:45 p.m.

Gawwwdammit seeing that Mikel thumbnail gives me a weird nostalgia for the old Gdar site Never thought I'd nostalgia for GR
  • dphoenix192 - August 17, 2010 10:33 p.m.

I just realized that this is suppose to be 1912, which would mean that to fit in with the Bioshock universe there would be no plasmids since those were made in Rapture, so I think its better to stay clear of them existing in the same timeline.
  • Firewarrior706 - August 17, 2010 10:21 p.m.

I agree with everything aside from dogfights. I feel they would ruin the whole Bioshock feel, it just wouldn't fit in. I think it would really detach people from the proper experience and it isn't really how Bioshock should be played.
  • Metroidhunter32 - August 17, 2010 10:11 p.m.

MOre of the same and I'm good.
  • BurntToShreds - August 17, 2010 10:02 p.m.

I want a "viral" campaign like Something in the Sea. I think they're gonna do something like that, which would be awesome. Also, I want steampunk weaponry. If there are weapon upgrade stations like in the previous installments, I want my rifle to be a clockwork, piston-powered beast.
  • BearKiller - August 17, 2010 10 p.m.

Why are they even using the name Bioshock when it doesn't even exist within the same universe? Is it just because they made lots of money off the first two and they know they will make more if they just throw in that title? This should be a completely different title and shouldn't be part of the Bioshock franchise.
  • GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - August 17, 2010 10 p.m.

Huh. I just realized that BioShock Infinite will release exactly 100 years after the story is set... 1912 to 2012. Neat. Also, the Titanic - another grand yet doomed symbol of man's progress - sank in 1912. Coincidence?
  • Felixthecat - August 17, 2010 9:43 p.m.

I simply want it to be a game that looks all pretty and happy environment and presentation wise, but when it comes down to it, is full of criminals and people plotting to do something bad to Columbia. So overall - Pretty outside, dark underground criminal organization etc etc. I really can't wait for it. Too bad it comes out in 2012 :(
  • juicenpancakes - August 17, 2010 9:34 p.m.

You are correct in saying what WE want to see. These are all wishes of mine, with a little expansion on a brief idea you touched on. I loved the audiologs and the way they added to the backstory. I would love to see another innovative way to further flesh out the universe. Books, posters, videos, etc. Just something in the game that would let me really immerse myself in Levine's creation.
  • NotBraze - August 17, 2010 9:33 p.m.

@ CH3BURASHKA, No! No, no, no, a million times no! Aside from what GamesRadar brought up (all excellent points, by the way) Rapture's history has already been thoroughly established. To retcon Columbia into the time line would be a huge mistake that would seriously damage the canon. Rapture and Columbia CANNOT exist in the same universe. Besides, Ken Levine has already implied pretty strongly that there will be no story connection between the two games. I'm perfectly ok with Pixar-stlye nods and easter eggs referring to Rapture, but I am NOT ok with them being in the same universe. Anyway, I really enjoyed the article and I think that just about everything you mentioned would be a great addition to this game. I'm not so convinced on airplane sequences, but I suppose if they were done right it could be cool… unless it's a game that's specifically a flight sim, airplane sequences are usually killed by clunky controls and bad execution.
  • dphoenix192 - August 17, 2010 9:24 p.m.

I hoping for some kind of levitation ability that drains eve so there is a limit to it use. It would probably be too helpful though.