• mole2412 - August 18, 2014 10:39 a.m.

No Dynamite Headdy? No Soleil (or whatever they called it abroad)??
  • nintendo365 - August 16, 2014 3:15 p.m.

Double. Fucking. Dragon. That is all. Oh, and Flashback.
  • Shadow Of Death - August 16, 2014 1:59 p.m.

Of the games on the list, I only had Earthworm Jim, Aladdin, NHL 94 (I enjoyed this, and I didn't give a fart about hockey and still don't), Sonic, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and of course Sonic 2 as it came with the system. The Knuckles add-on kart system was something of a revelation at the time.
  • Cruddi - August 17, 2014 6:29 a.m.

I really enjoyed Sonic and Knuckles was the best of the bunch, it is a shame they need to find a way of bringing it back, so long as they don't pull a Batman Begins and make it modern and gritty... on second thought that worked really f***ing well, eh eh sonic team?
  • Cruddi - August 15, 2014 8:29 a.m.

I thought toejame & earl 1 was better because of the camera, collecting presents and never really know what you were going to get opening them I loved every second of the first, I liked the 2nd one but I still think the first one was best. I also thought Rolo the elephant was great plat former little childish but fantastic. I completely agree streets of rage 2 is the best ever I still play it to this day "Grand upa"
  • kachigop - August 16, 2014 2:03 p.m.

Agreed. TJ&E 1 was awesome.
  • thombilous - August 15, 2014 7:03 a.m.

A good list, apart from the glaring lack of Shining Force II.
  • apeman - August 15, 2014 4:48 a.m.

I'm willing to bet this was mostly done by the UK staff. Sensible Soccer? Jimmy White? Bonanza Bros? They were only ever popular in England I'm sure. And that's about as far as I got with the list.
  • SouthTippBass - August 14, 2014 5:32 p.m.

This again. Theres no Probotector or Rocket Knight Adventures, your list dosent count.
  • Mr.Dynamic - May 10, 2014 12:27 p.m.

No Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles The Hyperstone Heist? It is a travesty that it's not on the list. Even though it uses the same gameplay as Turtles in Time, It is still a very good game.
  • kevin23610 - May 9, 2014 9:26 a.m.

Not really a good list. No Herzog Zwei? Thats a top 10 game, and so is NBA Jam, Road Rage 2 and Mortal Kombat 2. Madden should also be ranked way higher.
  • apeman - August 15, 2014 4:51 a.m.

NBA Jam, RR2, Skitchin and MK2 were the BIG ones for my mate and me. We would regularly stay up to 2am having 'one more round' of MK2. I remember buying it for AUD$120 when it came out. An ungodly amount of money back then. Never regretted it.
  • First,_the_whores! - March 21, 2014 9:42 a.m.

No Starflight? I cry shenanigans on that!
  • tr1ggerf1nger - March 12, 2014 11:51 a.m.

General Chaos. Loved that game.
  • Johnny_Reb - March 7, 2014 11:23 p.m.

Heh sensible soccer gave you that option to change names, yet you fail to you mention that baseball stars on the nes did it 4-5 yrs earlier. Yet, RBI baseball is in that list of top NES games yet Baseball Stars is not?
  • Sinsational - March 7, 2014 6:24 p.m.

No Altered Beast? So disappointing.
  • TheGreyWizard - March 7, 2014 8:14 a.m.

Some really good games are missing from this list and you can't remotely be serious for not putting Crusader Of Centy at #1, let alone on the list at all.
  • mafyooz - March 7, 2014 12:02 a.m.

MegaDrive had some damn cool games alright :) Musha Aleste, The Immortal, Decap Attack and Buck Rodgers: Countdown to Doomsday were probably my favourites though
  • jedisamurai - March 6, 2014 8:03 p.m.

Correction: The best home version of the original Outrun is on SEGA Ages for Saturn, along with the best home version of Afterburner (which is why I own it).
  • Relayer71 - March 6, 2014 5:45 p.m.

What a powerhouse of a system. The Saturn pales in comparison and while the Dreamcast is beloved, it just doesn't come close to having the amount of great games on the Genesis. So many awesome games, largely forgotten. And Phantasy Star IV... ah. One of the greatest JRPGs of all time but never spoken of in the same breath as Chrono Trigger (which I believe had some of the same developers) and Final Fantasy VI (III). And what is wrong with you Sega!!! Bring this series back proper! The Diablo-like multiplayer PS games are great but you need to bring Phantasy Star V to life! Hell, I wouldn't mind a remake of this (ala FF IV for the DS) for the Vita or 3DS.