• Jacko415 - August 17, 2013 11:49 p.m.

Braid... Really? The artsy Mario?... Go home GR, you're drunk.
  • fredgreen182 - August 18, 2013 10:55 a.m.

I don't think you even finished the game...
  • Jacko415 - August 19, 2013 3:08 p.m.

got half way through and got bored. BUt maybe its cause i was expecting more, after all the praise and whatnot.
  • fredgreen182 - August 19, 2013 6 p.m.

You should go ahead and finish it, or at least look up the ending, it's a really good twist and one of the reasons for all the praise
  • Jacko415 - August 19, 2013 7:53 p.m.

I will... but is it #1 spot worthy?
  • fredgreen182 - August 19, 2013 8:08 p.m.

For me it is, it shocked me a little bit, it's a beautiful game, it really makes you think about things like right or wrong, good or bad...
  • yonderTheGreat - August 19, 2013 11:15 p.m.

The fact that you're in a tiny minority AND haven't finished the game and everyone else here who has finished the game and thusly has the right viewpoint on the game should pretty much tell you that yes... you need to finish the game to understand why it's #1 worthy. (To remove argument, I'll acknowledge Top 3 Worthy, but yeah... same basic point)
  • Zzyzx0788 - November 23, 2013 2:04 p.m.

I know the ending. It's overrated, its not that amazing of a game. Yea the aesthetics are unique and some of the puzzles are creative but it gets really goddamn annoying and so much of the game boils down to tedious trial and error. I can't for the life of me understand why this game gets the ridiculous praise it does. There's probably a dozen games on and off this list that are more deserving of a number 1 spot
  • jacob-hanser - October 16, 2014 5 p.m.

Are you serious? Have you ever played Braid? Just because a game is a 2d platformer does not mean it's a mario ripoff. that's like saying that every first person shooter is just a DOOM ripoff. You don't time travel in mario. There isn't nearly as heavy a story in mario. The two are nothing alike, except that braid occasionally makes mario jokes from time to time.
  • brickman409 - August 17, 2013 6:39 p.m.

I like gravity bone, that game is really cool for an indie game.
  • EAC73 - August 17, 2013 7:48 a.m.

I think Rogue Legacy deserves to be on this list, but I do agree with most of it.
  • KishouTenpi - August 17, 2013 3:45 a.m.

If Mark of the Ninja is indie then that deserves the list, but I disagree with Braid, I found it bland and uninteresting. However FTL is still one of my favourite games ever :P
  • SDHoneymonster - August 17, 2013 3:17 a.m.

Decent list, but a couple I'd have: Amnesia: The Dark Descent is an indie game and one of the best out there; terrifying, fantastic story, and with a level of polish more associated with a mainstream developer. And the other one would be VVVVVV. Simple mechanics coupled with fiendish game design, a cast of characters to put a smile on your face and easily, EASILY, one of the greatest soundtracks ever put to a game. Mark Of The Ninja and The Dishwasher deserve honourary mentions too.
  • Effinae - August 17, 2013 1:11 a.m.

I'll throw in another vote for Terraria
  • TheGooseinator - August 16, 2013 11:30 p.m.

Great list. Braid and Limbo should swap spots. Can't wait to play Bastion, The Swapper, and Gone Home!
  • BaraChat - August 16, 2013 8:38 p.m.

Just a thought, would it be possible to specify on which platforms you can play these games? I know that's kinda lazy on my part since I could simply google/wikipedia them all, but I'm sure other will agree it would be a helpful little addition to this feature. Thanks!
  • artcellrox - August 16, 2013 7:38 p.m.

Other than the choices for #1 and 2, this was a solid list otherwise.
  • Fenriff - August 16, 2013 7:22 p.m.

So many great games on this list! Bastion is one of my favorite games ever, and Dust is a damn fine one as well.
  • dns - August 16, 2013 7:02 p.m.

I missed And Yet It Moves, VVVVVV, Trine and Crayon Physics
  • jedisamurai - August 16, 2013 5:58 p.m.

Iji is the greatest Indie Game ever made and it's freeware. http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php