We Recommend

• isaiahtheawesome - December 17, 2012 2:24 p.m.

walking dead, really, you've dissapointed me gamesradar
  • YourWorstEnemyGaming - December 17, 2012 3:17 p.m.

I agree. A GAME of the year should combine great storytelling, art style, gameplay mechanics, variety, creativity, and be in general well made with few glitches. The Walking Dead only does well as a creative, story-driven experience, but fails completely as a game. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not a good GAME, it's more or less a good story.
  • Jacko415 - December 17, 2012 4:14 p.m.

"A GAME of the year should combine great storytelling, art style, gameplay mechanics, variety, creativity, and be in general well made with few glitches." You just described The Walking Dead, stupid.
  • YourWorstEnemyGaming - December 19, 2012 10:30 p.m.

The Walking Dead had sub-par gameplay.
  • RebornKusabi - December 17, 2012 2:20 p.m.

Mine would have to be Cry of Fear which isn't a retail game so my shitty backup would be Halo 4, a game that shocked the Hell out of me in how good it was. Better than the last couple of games and its multiplayer is insanely addictive. Pity the f***ing network coding that MS and 343 implemented for the game doesn't hold up just as much. Oh well, that is my only complaint in an otherwise amazing game. So yeah, mine would have to be Halo 4. Based on "youse guises" recommendations however, I do plan to play Walking Dead Season One at some point.
  • JMarsella09 - December 17, 2012 2:15 p.m.

Now if only The Walking Dead worked right. Seriously, it will not carry over my choices.
  • BaraChat - December 17, 2012 2:14 p.m.

Haven't played the game, so I can't really comment. I'm still not done with both Far Cry 3 and Mass Effect 3, so my choice could actually change in the coming weeks. As far as games I actually finished, I think Borderlands 2 would just edge out both Journey and Dishonored. 2012 was kind of a weaker year I thought. The great games were as good, if not better, than last year, but there were fewer of them. According to me, at least. I mean, this "holiday season" there were only three games on my radar (BL2, Dishonored and Far Cry 3) when usually there's like eight.
  • Boomer360 - December 17, 2012 2:13 p.m.

I knew Farcry 3 would make it to GOTY..But what I didnt expect was The Walking Dead..
  • Redeater - December 17, 2012 1:53 p.m.

Hitman is on here?......really?
  • Fang5290 - December 17, 2012 1:11 p.m.

Borderlands 2 was my personal game of the year. Also, Zero's escape: virtue's last reward was an honorable mention for GOTY.
  • Rojoco - December 17, 2012 12:45 p.m.

No love for SSX?
  • Unoriginal - December 17, 2012 11:54 a.m.

Are the Platinum Chalice Awards dead?
  • BladedFalcon - December 17, 2012 6:01 p.m.

Nope.
  • Unoriginal - December 18, 2012 1:30 a.m.

Praised be Jebus
  • Firepunch - December 17, 2012 11:49 a.m.

Since now you've told us your GOTY. does this mean you guys are retiring the platinum chalice and anti awards
  • GR HollanderCooper - December 17, 2012 11:59 a.m.

Platinum Chalices are coming on Friday.
  • obviouslyadouche - December 17, 2012 2:05 p.m.

What aboot the Anti Awards?
  • Z-man427 - December 17, 2012 2:31 p.m.

IIRC, Anti-Awards are after the first of the year
  • GR HollanderCooper - December 17, 2012 3:38 p.m.

Most likely still on.
  • talleyXIV - December 17, 2012 3:44 p.m.

So you have both these awards and the Platinum Chalice Awards? Alright.
  • GR HollanderCooper - December 17, 2012 11:16 p.m.

Yup.
  • Firepunch - December 17, 2012 10:48 p.m.

That's good to hear thanks for replying
  • Darkhawk - December 17, 2012 11:37 a.m.

Journey is, as of this date, the Greatest Work of Art in gaming history. Too bad GR - which has done so well to champion thatgamecompany in the past - wasn't courageous enough to give it the top award this year.