Topics

beer

• Rub3z - June 25, 2013 5:37 p.m.

I lol'ed at the racing games one. But I more or less glazed over completely otherwise, because as a person who will never drink alcohol and never has, this stuff is all just beyond my scope of attention or interest, sadly. Cue people attempting to make a logical argument for why I should indulge in alcohol or other things... never fails...
  • CitizenWolfie - June 26, 2013 9:24 a.m.

I'm not going to attempt to argue for why you should drink alcohol, do whatever the Hell you want. But I do have to wonder why someone with absolutely no interest in alcohol (drinking it or otherwise) would willingly choose to click on, let alone read through, an article clearly titled "The Beer Drinker's Guide to Gaming." And why do you find it sad that such things are beyond your scope of interest?
  • PatHan-bHai - June 26, 2013 11:07 a.m.

Because the article is written GR. I don't drink alcohol or smoke stuff too but I still click around the GR editorials coz THEY IZZ AWEZOME!!
  • BladedFalcon - June 26, 2013 11:58 a.m.

I don't have to like drinking to appreciate the humor or comparisons here :P
  • CitizenWolfie - June 26, 2013 12:14 p.m.

Just found it odd considering the article is predominantly about beers and doesn't seem to be written in the usual GR tongue-in-cheek way. I guess it's like never having a Nintendo and reading an article about the best Nintendo games.
  • BladedFalcon - June 26, 2013 2:02 p.m.

Yet people that have never played Nintendo games could still enjoy the article, or reading about games that they haven't experienced yet. Or just simply know what they're talking about when they talk about Mario and Link even if they've never played any of their games :P
  • Brocyclopedia - June 25, 2013 5:08 p.m.

When I play games I buy a case of PBR and get weird.
  • avantguardian - June 25, 2013 4:15 p.m.

newcastle and steelhead, all the way baby. fat tire is pretty good, too.
  • LoboMau - June 25, 2013 3:53 p.m.

Water and games FTW
  • BladedFalcon - June 25, 2013 3:27 p.m.

Ew beer... I gotta be one of the few people on earth that finds it unsavory no matter the kind or the brew. Fun article though, the slide about racing games made me laugh a lot as well XD
  • Sy87 - June 25, 2013 3:50 p.m.

It's an acquired taste. Not really a first instance thing but drink what you like. Plus it can side track other things.
  • BladedFalcon - June 25, 2013 4:03 p.m.

It's not about acquiring the taste for me. It's not like I just tried it once, or even a few times. I HAVE drank and kept up with people that genuinely like beer and drinking in general, but it always tastes just bitter and gross to me.
  • Redeater - June 26, 2013 12:18 a.m.

Never say never. I ALWAYS hated the taste of beer even though I have put away more than I probably should have. Upon entering my third decade I had a friend introduce me to some of the more expensive and carefully crafted beers. Few years after that.....BAM....suddenly I have a taste for ridiculously strong IPA's and incredibly dark stouts. It's always fun to let someone have a sip of my drink and watch them grimace while pronouncing it the foulest thing they have ever tasted.
  • BladedFalcon - June 26, 2013 11:57 a.m.

And who says I ever want to like the taste of beer? :P
  • CitizenWolfie - June 26, 2013 12:30 p.m.

I used to feel the same about beer but then you find one you actually like and it opens the gates to a lot of new tastes. There were certain beers that ten years ago, I wouldn't have drank if I was dying of thirst. Now I can just appreciate the different flavours in most things. Plus I like the social aspect of chilling with my friends in the pub with a cold beer.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - June 25, 2013 3:58 p.m.

It's definitely not for everyone!
  • BladedFalcon - June 25, 2013 4:04 p.m.

I guess, and yet everyone I know EXCEPT people that just don't drink out of principle seems to love or at least passably like beer XD
  • pl4y4h - June 25, 2013 4:28 p.m.

Haha you sound exactly like me. That stuff tastes gross
  • shawksta - June 26, 2013 2:16 a.m.

If it makes you feel any better, i drink my Ginger Ale as if itll make me drunk. and Flavored Malda's, since their Alchohol Free, but it just aint the same
  • CitizenWolfie - June 26, 2013 12:31 p.m.

There's not many chances I get to say this but here goes: Alcohol Free is like going down on your sister. It tastes the same but it's not right.
  • shawksta - June 26, 2013 1:26 p.m.

Wow thats some statement XD I know, and I can't help it but I have principles, and have no intentions to get drunk, except maybe Mario Party because it suddenly fixes friendships you would otherwise.destroy by playing normally