• PhantomDave - April 18, 2012 6:56 a.m.

“The Wii is a toy, not a console,” Greatest. Quote. Ever....It's a shovelware factory...
  • PevMaster - April 18, 2012 8:53 a.m.

Too true. Too true.
  • Pruman - April 18, 2012 6:47 a.m.

I agree with this guy about the Wii. We gamers know that there are good games on the Wii, but it's been clear from day one that we're not it's target audience. People like my mom are. She gets excited about all the crap in the Wii section that makes us depressed. With the Wii, Nintendo did for video games what America Online did for the Internet. They convinced the masses to enthusiastically bring a previously alien and somewhat scary technology (for them) into their homes. Unfortunately, when you sell to the masses, you have to cater to them, which means the people who used to sustain you (tech guys and hardcore gamers) become less important. I don't begrudge Nintendo their success. I've had and will continue to have wonderful experiences with their consoles (SNES FTW). Sadly, the days where I'd wait in line overnight for a system launch, or drag my parents to 8 different stores looking for Link to the Past, are long over.
  • ncurry2 - April 18, 2012 6:28 a.m.

What really irritates me is this guy is supposed to be a professional in the gaming industry. Even Sony doesn't resort to this kind of rhetoric when talking about Nintendo and if anyone has reason to hate Nintendo, it's Sony. Granted, they kind of need Nintendo so they can continue to steal their ideas (I jest). But come the %^&* on. As for games not selling on the Wii, I'll redirect you to VGchartz.com. You will notice 9 of the top 50 best selling games of all time are on Wii while PS3 and 360 combine for 6. Of those 6, 5 of them are Call of Duty titles. And before haters start saying stuff before actually looking at it, Brawl, Galaxy, Kart, and NSMB are 4 of the 9; all having sold over 10 million units. http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/
  • chriszewski - April 18, 2012 11:58 a.m.

Of those ten, 10 are published by Nintendo. I think you are missing the point.
  • Galgomite - April 18, 2012 4:59 a.m.

Sheesh. Get yourself a publicist to talk for you.
  • Hobogonigal - April 18, 2012 4:56 a.m.

What an idiot! I think he really needs to take a proper look at the console. There are bound to be restrictions towards size for the wiiware downloadable service due to the lack of a hard drive but to say that Wii owners 'never buy another game' other than Wii Sports is ignorance. Other companies have not been stopped from creating fantastic games for the console; to name a few: Trauma Center, Epic Mickey, No More Heroes, Red Steel 2, Dead Space: Extraction, Rayman: Origins, Okimiden etc. Then of course there are all of the amazing Nintendo exclusives. I can see half of his argument but I don't think that he realises that the Wii is capable of entertaining more than just kids and the elderly.
  • taokaka - April 18, 2012 8:10 a.m.

I'm a bit sympathetic towards beamdog because they spent nine months on a project that should have taken one month but nintendos licensing slowed the process of getting the game up to a crawl and the game is sitting at about 5500 sales so they havn't seen a single cent from nintendo. GR's coverage of the story is really vague here's a better source http://tinyurl.com/84gyn33 But I do agree that the guy is resorting to a fairly weak stereotype (did he really forget wii fit) but its sad that fans of nintendo products don't seem to give the support many third party developers need and makes me feel kind of guilty for not having bought any downloadable games for my 3ds but I suppose I've supported many third party retail games so my conscience is clear enough. Recaptcha: anus leadgun
  • CaffieKuriboh - April 18, 2012 2:20 p.m.

I agree with Hobogonial, I can see why they have a problem with the restrictions but to say that the Wii is not a real console or something is just stupid, the Wii may not have all the bells and whistles but damn it, I play it just as much as my xbox and still have fun with it. The guy probably doens't even own a Wii because it's not "cool", he probably just sits around playing Call of Duty or Halo chugging down bottle after bottle of Mountain Dew and eating Doritos yelling at the top of his lungs with his frat boy friends cause someone just asked them to stop yelling into their head sets while playing online. -_- idiots...
  • Squirrel - April 18, 2012 1:12 a.m.

I own 60 retail Wii games and over 30 downloaded games, and there are still a few games I plan to buy. I dont see a problem with having a large Wii library since every game I own is a good and fun game.
  • ncurry2 - April 18, 2012 6:31 a.m.

Here here! I don't quite own 60 but I'm up to at least 30, probably more around 35. I own a PS3 as well and I play some PC games but if I were to go back and count total play time, Wii would probably be double. And the Wii has some of the best games I've ever played on it. I really feel sad for "hardcore gamers" who are too ignorant to just sit down and play some of the truly best games the medium has to offer.
  • IcePotato - April 18, 2012 12:32 a.m.

I was at gamestop today, i looked through the Wii section. It was depressing. For every decent (not even good which is even rarer) game there are 40 terrible ones. Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go back to playing Xenoblade.
  • Squirrel - April 18, 2012 12:30 a.m.

Oh wow, how ignorant and petty does this buffoon sound? If you dont want to work with a company that's your business, but to just slander and say blatantly incorrect things because you got mad is shows a less evolved mind. Nintendo has some strong restrictions on the Wiiware service, and if you develop for the service you should have know what those are. I have problems with Wiiware too, but if you choose to use it you should know the rule sin advance. If you dont thats kinda your fault. And btw, all video game consoles are toys.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - April 18, 2012 4:28 a.m.

Not really. Take your fanboyish self off of this site.
  • Rascanuvols - April 18, 2012 12:30 a.m.

"and if Wii U owners want in, they'll have to pick up a real console like the iPad." Brilliant.
  • Boonehams - April 18, 2012 7:35 a.m.

Agreed.
  • fanfundy - April 17, 2012 10:04 p.m.

The Wii is garbage and everyone knows it. And as far as that Ipad quote, consider it sarcasm. It was a blow to Nintendo for having made such a terrible home console. Nintendo can only keep making the exact same games (Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Smash Bros, Mario Kart) for so long. The ONLY decent games on Wii are first party titles, and as a fan of Nintendo for 25 years now, I would sure like to finally see something different. It's a shame they prevail while Sega failed.
  • Squirrel - April 18, 2012 12:38 a.m.

Your lack of intelligence is highlighted by your oppressive ignorance sir. There is literally so many things wrong with your post that it actually hurts me head a little. From apparent immaturity, to blatantly false statements, to a level of pretentiousness that may be fatal. You're the worst kind of gamer.
  • Charlie_Fubar - April 18, 2012 4:30 a.m.

I agree with fanfuddy. Have every nintendo system and games going back to NES - Except a WII. My daughter got a WII and Ive never seen her play it once. Even kids would rather play Xbox and Ps3. Its their yuppie parents misguided purchasing that keeps nintendo on the map.
  • KnowYourPokemon - April 18, 2012 8:51 a.m.

Kids would rather play XBox and PS3 due to one simple thing, the fact that they're extremely easy to market towards. "Oh hey kids the PS3 and 360 have explosions and cool graphics that make you go 'oooh shiny!' And if you don't play our consoles? Well then you're not one of the cool kids!" And thus, their little minds actually think that to be the case. Quite a few of them grow up without ever learning the difference too, and thus the fabois are born.