Topics

Sony

• Dabenguin - January 20, 2011 2:28 a.m.

Maybe Activision IS getting paid to do this. Hmmmmmm...
  • redinsanity - January 20, 2011 2:28 a.m.

They are willing to go to these drastic measures on PS3 but they just let the rampant cheating on the 360 slide without any attempt to fix it. Nice.
  • StrawHatLuffy - January 20, 2011 2:22 a.m.

Let this happen, not that I got anything against COD but I got so much against Activision. I think their underestimating the reaction this would result in
  • SVC5 - January 20, 2011 2:20 a.m.

Wow that really sucks for PS3 owners who bought Black Ops, its pretty useless without its multi player
  • EngieIndeed - January 20, 2011 2:19 a.m.

Funny, same thing happened to me on modern warfare 2 just now...
  • Markstone - January 20, 2011 2:15 a.m.

I havent played online for a week, but my experience was never ruined by hackers/cheaters (thats for xbox live to deal with :P ) so I don't quite get what all the fuss is about, unless something changed in the past week.
  • Thunderpunch - January 20, 2011 2:14 a.m.

Another reason I'm playing this on the 360.
  • BurntToShreds - January 20, 2011 2:07 a.m.

No, screw the cheaters. The cheaters are ruining people's good fun. And I',m not sure if anticheat methods can keep a jailbroken console from playing the game. There's also the fact that, now that the PS3 has been hacked, people can pirate copies of BlackOps and other games, so the more stingy developers (EA, Ubisoft, Activision) may shut down servers altogether as a form of DRM. This may also put a dent in Valve's business proposal with Sony.
  • whisp3rbl4d3 - January 20, 2011 1:57 a.m.

That is bullsh!t...rather than fix their anticheat methods they just close the PS3 servers entirely?! How many people bought the game strictly for the multiplayer and now they might not even be able to do that? Screw you Activision
  • ThatGuyFromTV - January 20, 2011 1:51 a.m.

Wow. CoD haters are gonna be ripping the fanboys apart with this one.
  • Javv - January 20, 2011 1:48 a.m.

"pwn" indeed ReCaptcha: ""you Expired" nice timing
  • F4G1TR0N - January 20, 2011 1:48 a.m.

Mmm wouldn't go that far, there are plenty of other games we can play, but this is a major blow to us. It is pretty bad if they shut down these servers, I for one would be sad :(. And also Peloun, nice avy! I love that game.
  • Peloun - January 20, 2011 1:46 a.m.

omg. Is it the end of ps3 online play?