Topics

Week of Hate

• EnragedTortoise1 - April 30, 2011 2:38 a.m.

Corsair89 has been reading my mind. Another thing I'd add to the Minecraft entry is Creepers. Especially sneaky creepers. MAG: GODDAMMIT DON'T REVIVE ME IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CROSSFIRE!!! Ridge Racer: The goddamn announcer. Resident Evil: The controls don't enhance the experience, in fact, they do just the opposite! Grr. NFS: Hot Pursuit: "Your friends have beaten you in 30 bajillion events." Dragon Quest (of any kind): Attack, attack, attack, attack, heal, attack, attack...
  • kyle94 - April 30, 2011 2:36 a.m.

Let's see... Monkey Island series = Monkey Kombat. Paradox Games (EU, Victoria, HoI, etc.) = Bugs, bugs, and more bugs. Alpha Protocol = Any bad thing that overshadowed all the good things. Minecraft = Damn lava. Mass Effect 2 = Having to reload an earlier save game because you want to be the good guy and save your entire crew. Oblivion = For some reason, whenever I had to close a gate, there was like a 50% chance of the game screwing up and me having to load an earlier save game. Freedom Fighters = That it ended.
  • HankVenture - April 30, 2011 2:35 a.m.

@trg564... It's called a joke, as in I didn't actually think they were racist. ps, raciest twas a typo...
  • Lurkero - April 30, 2011 2:15 a.m.

to be fair, for some of those games it wasn't the game's fault, it was the fans
  • tomasfr89 - April 30, 2011 2:09 a.m.

THE 3RD BIRTHDAY IS NOT A PARASITE EVE GAME. Nice article, by the way.
  • Corsair89 - April 30, 2011 2:09 a.m.

Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Chaos. What an asshole. Fallout 3/New Vegas: brown and grey are apparently the only colors in this game Final Fantasy VI - Gau Final Fantasy VII - looks like ass Final Fantasy X - the whole "you're a dream" thing, Wakka Final Fantasy XIII - Hope Guitar Hero III - Lou Legend of Zelda - Tingle Metal Gear Solid - the hour long cutscenes Mirror's Edge - the story
  • paganpoet - April 30, 2011 2:04 a.m.

I have to pick on Okami again. Amazeballs of a game, probably my favorite along with Fatal Frame 2 from the PS2 generation, but...the animal feeding cut scenes. DEAR GOD the animal feeding cutscenes! It was only cute the first 5 million times!
  • doominatorx6 - April 30, 2011 1:54 a.m.

I love Deus Ex, but MAN were those voices awful. "I SPEEL MY DREENK!"
  • Trg564 - April 30, 2011 1:53 a.m.

@HankVenture, we hate the dumbass janitor calling you every 5 minutes, not black people. Also it's spelt racist.
  • HankVenture - April 30, 2011 1:53 a.m.

I think they just hate all the displays and menus on screen I love Oblivion, but I HATE when it fucking glitches and makes my Gray Cowl fucking useless, especially when I stopped everything I was doing and went through the whole thiefs guild quest in one day just so I could get it.
  • AngelsandDemons1 - April 30, 2011 1:53 a.m.

That MW2 vid was frickin hilarious...
  • FanofSaiyan - April 30, 2011 1:52 a.m.

I refuse to believe Super Mario Galaxy sucked in any way, was the Spring Mushroom the only real flaw you could find with SMG in the first place? Luigi's Purple Coins from the Toy Time Galaxy would have been a better entry. As for the things I hate about my favorite games... -Brutal Legend: Laggy Online Play -Ratchet & Clank: Spaceship Missions (excluding A Crack In Time) -Jak & Daxter: Missions with NPC's -Any Dragon Ball Z fighting game: Filler characters (does anyone seriously want to play as Chiaotzu?) -Megaman: Cheap deaths, The Final Bosses -Sly Cooper: No clue bottles in Sly 3 -Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Mr. Resetti -Animal Crossing: Mr. Resetti, The Internal Clock
  • mubobi7593 - April 30, 2011 1:43 a.m.

Ok, wait, what is you guys hate about WoW?
  • Cheech360 - April 30, 2011 1:42 a.m.

love the article guys. Especially the Okami picture haha
  • ThePigHostage - April 30, 2011 1:41 a.m.

There should have been a Castlevania entry with a picture of the flying Medusa Heads.
  • HankVenture - April 30, 2011 1:39 a.m.

Wait a minute, u hate Dead Rising because of Black People?? you raciest dicks lol
  • crispychicken - April 30, 2011 1:38 a.m.

This complaint might be a little old, but I HATED the Dark Aether sections in Metroid Prime Echoes. I actually stppped playing it because I didn't want to suffer through any more of them.
  • AlSwearengenHatesCocksuckers - April 30, 2011 1:34 a.m.

Oh you sad console gamers. I laugh at your Portal 2 load times. Each one aside from the main screen takes roughly 2-3 seconds to load up for me. PC gaming is the superior gaming.
  • Hubadaeus - April 30, 2011 1:31 a.m.

I'd say the thing I hated most about half life 2 was striders, just striders. I spent 4 days killing them with infinite rockets just to find out that I just needed to take a hidden path. Anyway, the worst part of Fallout New Vegas was to many happy people. When I play Fallout I expect depression, suffering, and just scraping by to survive, not impossible senarios or glimmering undamaged casinos. But that's just me (and I sounded pretty emo in the process)
  • threedog - April 30, 2011 1:31 a.m.

Seth makes me want to punch a puppy.