Topics

Week of Hate

We Recommend

• paganpoet - April 28, 2011 7:04 p.m.

Considering 10% of the population IS LGBT, and a great deal more completely accept and support LGBT community, I'd say your 90-95% figure is completely off-base. I can't be arsed to argue with your beliefs, I honestly don't care, but don't think that your high school cafeteria is a microcosm for society as a whole.
  • Stridefizzel - April 28, 2011 7:04 p.m.

@WillisTron Thank you! It is still a free country after all...
  • SDHoneymonster - April 28, 2011 7:03 p.m.

I've always just assumed that the whole sexy lesbian Asari thing was because it was made by nerdy men, and a race of blue women is pretty much their idea of space heaven. Give nerdy blokes a sci-fi universe to create, and every female of the species will somehow have evolved exactly the same anatomically as a human woman. Well, except for the Hanar of course... but then it's hard to make jellyfish sexy.
  • GamesRadarCarolynGudmundson - April 28, 2011 7:03 p.m.

@Lando81 - I'm not saying you should have the option to sex up any character you want. I actually think ME2 could have done with less romance options. If BioWare wanted to include romance as a major part of the story, I would have no problem if there was no option to pick who you romanced, and it was just a set part of the story. What irks me is that BioWare added SO MANY romance options in ME2, including 3 girl-girl options, but not a single guy-guy option.
  • paganpoet - April 28, 2011 7:02 p.m.

@WillisTron, That's not what she was suggesting. She was suggesting that by including girl-on-girl but not guy-on-guy the game is just appealing to teenage male immaturity, which is a legitimate criticism and not just political correctness. In fact she said why even include them at all?
  • NotBraze - April 28, 2011 6:59 p.m.

I agree with the all or nothing approach to homosexuality in games, I think Dragon Age II did a good job with that, but for series continuity's sake, I'd say leave things alone with Mass Effect. Keep things hetero with the exception of Asarii for the simple reason of keeping it consistent. I also liked how Dragon Age specifically notified you if a dialogue choice was involved in the romance plot or not, because I got caught in an accidental love triangle between Tali and Jack in ME2 and was forced to break Jack's heart.
  • WillisTron - April 28, 2011 6:59 p.m.

Can we stop with the politically correct BS? "Oh no, I can sex a girl but not a guy, this game is homophobic!!" This game is Bioware's story, and if they decide to have it full of girl on girl action without a hint of guy on guy, that's their prerogative. I am in no way homophobic, in fact have some good friends that are gay - BUT, they should not feel obligated to include guy on guy action. That would be like a writer being criticized for excluding a race in his group of characters - "all your characters are white, you must be racist!!" And even if Bioware chooses to include guy on guy options in ME3 that's fine, but they in NO WAY should feel obligated to do so JUST because they had girl on girl.
  • spencertucksen - April 28, 2011 6:59 p.m.

I think you may have forgotten something....THE FUCKING ELEVATORS.
  • CH3BURASHKA - April 28, 2011 6:58 p.m.

Yeah, fuck Mass Effect!
  • G0D - April 28, 2011 6:58 p.m.

lol "some ass hole at Bioware"? in the spirit of the week of hate: THEY ARE ALL ASS HOLES!
  • Lando81 - April 28, 2011 6:56 p.m.

@infernox Gameplay in ME2 is anything but lackluster, sir. You should really play it before you talk about it.
  • Stridefizzel - April 28, 2011 6:56 p.m.

Pretty good list, although I disagree kinda with the first and 4th one, and I really think the 5th point is just stupid.
  • paganpoet - April 28, 2011 6:55 p.m.

90-95%? lmao, maybe if you live in Iran.
  • Lando81 - April 28, 2011 6:54 p.m.

@Hank34 I desperately hope you're kidding.
  • infernox - April 28, 2011 6:54 p.m.

maybe you should wrote about how the gameplay is pretty lackluster or how they took out some of the RPG stuff.
  • ricochetguro - April 28, 2011 6:54 p.m.

Thanks for number 5. I thought the same thing and was a bit irked.
  • Lando81 - April 28, 2011 6:53 p.m.

Good article but I'm pretty "Meh" on the whole "YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEX UP WHOEVER YOU WANT IN MASS EFFECT" thing. If it doesn't serve the story, why bother?
  • Robusken - April 28, 2011 6:53 p.m.

Ah man, the random flirting made it hard for me to play ME2 infront of friends.
  • Primed - April 28, 2011 6:46 p.m.

I loved mining. and when you mined "Uranus"... Classic. Truly classic. Although most of the rest I agree with. I didn't let my crew die first time through and after Legion died the first time through I just had someone else do it instead and they lived. Legion was the most balling Mo-Fo Ever.
  • PimplesInYourAsstista - April 28, 2011 6:46 p.m.

CALIBRATIONS