• Crankr - December 18, 2008 4:22 a.m.

SR2 is way more fun than GTA4. If you go from SR2 to GTA4 you start crying blood 10 minutes into playing pool with Lil Jacob.
  • Romination - December 18, 2008 3:51 a.m.

I think Pokemon should be on here. I mean the 2-D ones are great, and I play them til they're holy (by playing the hell outta them!...anyone?), but what they need is a free-roaming 3-d incarnation. Coliseum was the closest, and it was good!...but no random encounters? It just wasn't IT. And Animal Crossing, of course (baby noise).
  • Cwf2008 - December 18, 2008 2:01 a.m.

If they're gonna change GTA, how about not make it so realistic and so damn boring, and instead make it more like GTA: San Andreas or Vice City. You know fun and something people wanna play for a while? GTA 4 was ok, but really the online sucked, the cars sucked...and really? When did GTA become a taxi game? I dont know how many times we had to drive a damn person around
  • DeadGirls - December 18, 2008 12:25 a.m.

The matrix idea could be fun -- I haven't heard any good things about Mirror's Edge though. I understand your point about GTA IV, it would be cool to have more freedom of choice and lasting consequences. However, I started playing GTA IV for the first time after just finishing Fallout 3, and I often found it relieving to not have to make any choices or deliberate too much about how to approach something. I was never once bored by the idea of going into a mission guns/rockets/grenades blazing, killing everyone, and making the biggest mess possible. Basically, a game like GTA IV but with more choices and lasting consequences would be awesome. But I don't think GTA IV suffers any loss of fun or greatness by not having them.
  • crazytar - December 18, 2008 12:19 a.m.

*defective
  • SlightlyBetterName - December 18, 2008 12:16 a.m.

Excellent job Pane Shaterson, Fallout 3/GTA = millions of $$$$
  • CuddlyBomber - December 17, 2008 11:53 p.m.

Hmm that grand theft auto is a tough egg to crack... I mean as much as I love the idea of moralistic choises it IS still a game mainly about crime. So that already sets a low moral standard to begin with...
  • Amnesiac - December 17, 2008 11:50 p.m.

While I agree that Silent Hill could do with a reboot, I don't think making it first-person and a Condemned ripoff are good moves. I'd prefer the over-the-shoulder view as long as it doesn't go all RE4 on us and become an action game rather than a horror game.
  • RebornKusabi - December 17, 2008 11:49 p.m.

While I loved Silent Hill: Homecoming, I do agree that it was basically more of the same. I agree with the FPS choice here- System Shock 2 benifited greatly from the FPS perspective in that it made the game more personal and scary. Hell if you wanna get technical, the Fatal Frame series has been in FPS (The battle system is FPS, the exploration is in 3rd person for those that don't know) and it makes the game far more terrifying then if it wasn't. In fact when the ghosts would get close to you with your camera up, you tend to panic more then when your in 3rd person. To summerize, loved the article and agree with the Silent Hill mention- in fact to be honest, all of the choices on here would work and this article is so full of truthiness that it would be insane for developers not to listen... not that they never have >_>
  • bron1417 - December 17, 2008 10:41 p.m.

i agree with the matrix and the GTA they do need overhaul's
  • Ban - December 17, 2008 10:31 p.m.

nice article Shane and MacGyver i agree 100%
  • aromickred - December 17, 2008 10:05 p.m.

I would love to see that Matrix game.
  • Krispee31 - December 17, 2008 10:03 p.m.

Awesome article guys, indeed, Silent Hill does need some re-doing