• SirNinja - November 15, 2012 8:58 a.m.

The Vita isn't overpriced. Get it in a bundle, and the price is more than justified. I got the AC3 Liberation Vita just this week, and it's an amazing handheld. (The game is good too, though it needs more than a few bugfix patches.) Vita memory cards, though...that's a different story. Those things are SEVERELY overpriced. $100 for a 32 GB card? Yeah, no.
  • Squirrel - November 15, 2012 9:08 a.m.

Is the Vita overpriced?? Maybe you're right and it isn't. I bought a 3DS day one and I didn't think it was overpriced either, but apparently most people did. While you may be technically correct (the best kind of correct) that wont save the Vita from floundering and dying. It needs some huge blockbusters now and/or a substantive price cut. Otherwise this little system that could, never will.
  • Tjwoods18 - November 15, 2012 8:02 a.m.

There is no reason this should be happening, I blame Nihilistic software. They ruined what was going to be two of the most prominent vita games (Resistance and now COD), but they failed horribly in its development.
  • taokaka - November 15, 2012 3:55 p.m.

Damn nihilistic, however I doubt they are responsible for the lack of sales in Japan because I doubt either of those games would have been big hits there.
  • momshotdad - November 15, 2012 7:24 a.m.

I would absolutely love to own a vita, but at this point in time, I see no reason why I should run out and drop $250 on the system alone when it has next to nothing to back it up. Add some decent games and I'll be on in a heartbeat.
  • GR_JustinTowell - November 15, 2012 7:40 a.m.

It has a great library if you look at it in isolation. LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Everybody's Golf, Gravity Rush, Virtua Tennis, Metal Gear HD Collection, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, FIFA, Rayman, Need For Speed, Wipeout (and the amazing ports of HD and Fury), MotorStorm RC, BlazBlue, Pure Chess, Ridge Racer, Lumines, Tales From Space, Super Stardust... there's loads there really. Nothing mind-blowingly awesome, perhaps, but that's not a bad line-up, especially compared to 3DS at that point in its life.
  • gopher1369 - November 15, 2012 7:45 a.m.

But how many of these are Vita exclusives, and how many are simply ports from other platforms? Or to put it another way, if Amimal Crossing is platform exclusive system seller for the 3DS. Where is the Vita's equivalent?
  • Tjwoods18 - November 15, 2012 8:09 a.m.

Gravity Rush is the best!
  • xx_CaPTiiN_SpAiiN_zz - November 15, 2012 10:31 a.m.

i know this is a stereotype justin but i was wondering what artists you listen to as men with longer hair are more likely to be listening to heavy music. thanks
  • GR_JustinTowell - November 15, 2012 11:13 a.m.

That is a massive stereotype! But yes, I play guitar and like heavy music. The WildHearts, Offspring, Hendrix, Animal Alpha, Audioslave... I like other stuff too (quite an eclectic taste, actually) but am sad to say my hair isn't actually very long right now. Fail.
  • kenshinxx - November 15, 2012 7:21 a.m.

I'm soooo glad I bought a Vita (that's sarcasm folks). Screw you Sony, for completely dropping the ball on what SHOULD BE an amazing handheld. I'm no marketing genius but umm, perhaps a friggin price drop is due? The system will never do well sitting at $250 with an absolutely abysmal game library, and the library will continue to suck since devs have no faith in the (overpriced) Vita ever selling well. DO SOMETHING SONY!
  • bram00 - November 15, 2012 9:34 a.m.

I got my Vita for $200 with a 4G memory stick and AC 3: Liberation. I don't think it's the price at this point. PS+ is offering 5 games next Monday. It comes down to 2 big things: 1) Ridiculous cost for memory sticks and 2) Most importantly a mediocre lineup of games with nothing looming on the horizon.
  • SentientSquidMachine - November 15, 2012 7:20 a.m.

I heard Monster Hunter is quite popular over there...
  • winner2 - November 15, 2012 12:25 p.m.

If they put a new monster hunter (like full blown next entry rather than what's going on the DS/wii u) I would consider it more earnestly. But 250$ for that damn thing when the only games I'd be interested in are MH and AC is way too much. Right now you can get a psp and great games like the early MH's plus tons of others for under 100$. There just isn't enough reason for me yet.
  • SentientSquidMachine - November 16, 2012 7:10 a.m.

I still have the 1st model PSP 1000, and I think I used it more as an MP3 player back then (lol). Loved Tekken D.R. GTA lib.city stories and final fantasy c.c. But with all of the Pokemon games, mario, and other Nintendo fare, I just feel like the 3DS game library is filled with more fun, and addictive games, whereas Sony pumps out, enjoyable, but one time playthrough games. So after about 6 years, my next handheld will be a 3DSXL.
  • Cyberninja - November 15, 2012 4:59 p.m.

And 3DS has it.