• fullmetallegend - June 23, 2011 3:30 p.m.

The dialogue trees from Mass Effect 2. That's terribly clever and a good chuckle.
  • gamebrain8505 - June 23, 2011 3:27 p.m.

Where are the whispy woods? :D
  • WTeen8 - June 23, 2011 3:21 p.m.

Trees are awesome. Why else do people hug them? And punch them to get wood.
  • festafreak - June 23, 2011 3:17 p.m.

I was hoping morrowinds trees were in there. But they weren't really trees, I was thinking of the giant mushrooms :(
  • Aletheon - June 23, 2011 3:16 p.m.

This list should be expanded to 100. So many cool trees in gaming!
  • MysterEnygma - June 23, 2011 8:06 p.m.

nevermind the tree enemies, how about the glowy purple trees from World of Warcraft? so purdy
  • deathofthedead - June 23, 2011 7:37 p.m.

Wow, I find it kinda hard to believe that the sprawling forests of Alan Wake, their evergreen branches swaying first gently and then violently, didn't find their way into this list.
  • san0ake - June 23, 2011 7:36 p.m.

What about the trees from Green Hill Zone?!?!?!
  • babyhenchy1 - June 23, 2011 7:33 p.m.

I thought of Harold the second I saw the title as I just played through the Oasis in Fallout 3 last night. I didn't even think of the dialogue trees. Oh Mass Effect, you have everything.
  • Fuzunga - June 23, 2011 7:31 p.m.

Soodowoodo only I meant.
  • dcbernman - June 23, 2011 6:55 p.m.

I love trees, so I liked the article. If I had to add though, I'd say the great tree inside the moon in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and the trees in FFX because sometimes they almost looked like something from the Avatar movie. And they also moved in the wind, which was mind blowing at the time.
  • e1337prodigy - June 23, 2011 6:33 p.m.

lol at mass effect? when I saw mass effect 2, I thought hang on, I don't remember trees... although there is trees in mass effect 2 on one of the levels iirc.
  • MancisFrorkYorgan - June 23, 2011 6:30 p.m.

Harold... check. Trees from Deadly Premonition... check. Trees from Mercenaries? Interesting.
  • Defguru7777 - June 23, 2011 6:24 p.m.

Too bad that the Whispey Woods didn't make the list, but I'm glad the Deku Tree was on here. And I'm really happy that Tales of Symphonia's World Tree made the list. It made me nerd happy.
  • MyCoolWhiteLies - June 23, 2011 6:04 p.m.

How bout the tree enemies from World of Warcraft? I think the Druids can also turn into them in the game.
  • FauxFurry - June 23, 2011 5:56 p.m.

You guys left out the trees that Ryder smoked in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (besides the cross-textured trees that one could tun down in that game).I'm disappointed. Seriously, though, no fondness for Trents/Ents from the 'Shining' series or Final Fantasy Tactics, that old tree who also happened to be named Trent from Legend of Mana or Final Fantasy 5's X-Death, possible the only tree who was ever a Final Boss? How about Breath of Fire 3's Peco the Yggdrasil sapling who, for some odd reason,strongly resembled an onion? What about the Iifa Tree from Final Fantasy 9? All pale into insignificance before the Territorial Oak from Earthbound as no other trees explode when cut down in battle. Deforestation either wouldn't be a problem unless someone wanted to blow whatever is next to the forest off of the face of the Earth as well. Apparently, ReCaptcha isn't taking this too well, as it claims that it 'rallis resistance' right now.
  • CH3BURASHKA - June 23, 2011 5:31 p.m.

In podcast 20-something (22?) Brett Elston announced his future "Top 7 Trees" feature. Almost 3 years later, it's finally out. You even managed to quadruple the number of trees in that time! Alright! Dialog trees, awesome. My most memorable trees are the palms in the first level of DKC. Later on, DKC proved to be a veritable competitor in the monkey-platforming genre, but the first time out it looked like a shitty Mega Bloks set. A fun one, but hella plastic-ey, and the trees stood out the most.
  • Orusphere - June 23, 2011 4:40 p.m.

Totally forgot about Whispy Woods until I read the comments. He (it?) should definately be in there.
  • Andyjoe - June 23, 2011 4:33 p.m.

I was going to kick someone's a** if the Deku tree wasn't on here. lol
  • Im2awesome - June 23, 2011 4:05 p.m.

I hate to be THAT guy, but Sudowoodo is not a tree, nor is he even wood. He's a rock type, and he is PRETENDING to be a tree. And sceptile is a gecko, like Kolbitos said... Enjoyed the article otherwise!