• mari-takayama - June 12, 2014 5:35 p.m.

The honey tree comment in the article made me chuckle. 'I like Snorlax. He reminds me of me.' I knew that Sudowoodo was gonna be mentioned here, what's not awesome about a moving tree that I think is made from stone.
  • sleepyMexican45 - August 16, 2011 2:33 p.m.

Alan Wake's WOW forestry...
  • PorcelainPoison - June 25, 2011 1:48 p.m.

This is a cute article. And I'm so glad the sakura trees in Okami are included! Okami is just a beautiful game through and through, I never got bored playing it.
  • philipshaw - June 24, 2011 12:56 p.m.

Deku tree was mine, don't need to explain
  • fadefrommyself97 - June 24, 2011 4:05 a.m.

the last picture of the honey trees is totally looking like its from the hack Shiny Gold...its definitely not filed right
  • Whoissheandwhydidshesayit - June 24, 2011 2:20 a.m.

No ExDeathlove?
  • Dondada - June 23, 2011 11:19 p.m.

Secret of Mana tree is my favorite.
  • nemesiscw - June 23, 2011 11:03 p.m.

What about the trees in Link to the Past? Dash into them for items!
  • garnsr - June 23, 2011 10:56 p.m.

Not my favorite tree, but I remember while playing Skies of Arcadia on Dreamcast they burned a forest, and I was really disappointed that the fire just seemed to be on top of the trees, instead of actually burning them. The rest of the game was so good, I was surprised they couldn't make the trees burn. Actually, I don't know how easy that would be even today.
  • Eccentrick - June 23, 2011 9:28 p.m.

I would add the trees in Far Cry 2 - because they could be lit on fire and burned for a while. Also: the talking tree from DeathSpank. Glad the Mana tree was on here. First one I thought of when saw the article title. Harold is probably the best, though. Funniest sidequest in Fallout 3.
  • Cat_Mundy - June 23, 2011 9:10 p.m.

Boom-a-loom. Obviously the best tree kicks off the article! Submitted by yours truly. Also, I'm hugging a tree in my picture.
  • jackthemenace - June 27, 2011 6:25 p.m.

Even though Mine's probably the most boring reason on there, seeing my name underneath Animal Crossing made my day. And, as Cundy rightly said, Sudowoodo ISN'T a tree, it's a rock. That LOOKS like a tree. A tree with a face. That walks. And shoots lasers.
  • WinkedUp Lozza - June 25, 2011 12:47 p.m.

GTA IV: crush a light pole, bulldoze a mob, but go flying through the windscreen when versing a twig.
  • TheSatur9 - June 24, 2011 4:21 a.m.

Did anyone else get the Wind Waker reference in the Sudowoodo section?
  • Fuzunga - June 23, 2011 7:29 p.m.

Uh, Sceptile is not a tree. I think you meant Soodowoodo.
  • Dredgon - June 23, 2011 7:03 p.m.

Dialogue trees FTW!!!!!
  • db1331 - June 23, 2011 5:08 p.m.

You know you are old school when this is the first tree you thought of: http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0018/7D/83/7D8329689FB2741E7E6796_Large.jpg Even more so if you pictured the original version.
  • CowboyBlasto - June 23, 2011 4:08 p.m.

Sudowoodo is made of rock, and is that a screenshot of Shiny Gold I see? Also, Munchlax are the ones who fall from trees.
  • TheHungryLemur - June 23, 2011 3:38 p.m.

Yep that basically sums up my favourite trees! I really liked Oblivion's trees and how they moved in the wind. I would have put it on the list. Nice article GR!
  • Matt Cundy - June 23, 2011 3:31 p.m.

Whispy Woods was suggested, but no one said why it was their favourite tree. And to make this list I needed a quote for each one. So no Whispy Woods. Sad face.