• Shadow Of Death - September 3, 2011 7:20 a.m.

I played this game to death when I had my SNES. I did all the above in it. Super Mario World and Megaman X were my most played games at the time. I don't think the hours played was surpassed until I got Final Fantasy X, or maybe not even until I got Disgaea: Hour of Darkness!
  • tntbandicoot - September 3, 2011 8:55 a.m.

Was and Still my best NES game!Still my best NES game!
  • dmaster225 - September 3, 2011 11:07 a.m.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't mention the SPECIAL world that comes up when you beat the star world, those levels were the hardest in the game. If you could beat the SPECIAL world the world map would change color.
  • Zudeo - September 3, 2011 5:18 p.m.

SPECIAL world was the best kept secret in Super Mario World. Also, you saw that all the Koopas turned to little mustached school "children". I never did find a way to change the colors back though...
  • Sjoeki - September 3, 2011 11:25 a.m.

Wasn't it mario 2 (for america and europe) where you could pick up and throw stuff?
  • FanofSaiyan - September 3, 2011 11:35 a.m.

I remember playing SMW on my SNES. I'm sad that I never discovered all of the hidden exits and levels. I did however manage to beat Bowser with the help of the Star Road.
  • CanadianBeaverHunter - September 3, 2011 2:12 p.m.

Pretty close to platforming perfection.
  • super0sonic - September 4, 2011 1:45 a.m.

SMW is the greatest game ever I think. I own it on SNES, GBA, and Wii. I have played it on every PC I have owned and even my Dreamcast. And if it shows up in the 3DS store I will buy it. That said If they release a Ver of SMW that is 3D like Excitebike was I WILL pay $100 on the spot for that.
  • rxb - September 4, 2011 4:08 p.m.

Sorry to be a cliche but Im another 'cant put into words how much I love this game' gamer. Some parts were bastard hard but it was always fun. Gnarly on special world is a level people wont forget anytime soon. Good pick Hank
  • Zeb364 - September 5, 2011 1:08 p.m.

I love when GR lets their editors write an article like this where they can just gush over how much they love a specific game or franchise. Their sincere passion for it really shows. Great article Hank, this is why you're the King of Mario Town.
  • Japanaman - September 5, 2011 4:24 p.m.

Ahh, Magikoopa. How you tried to kill Mario with PlayStation buttons. Didn't work.
  • GameManiac - September 5, 2011 10:02 p.m.

@Japanaman LOL "PlayStation buttons" I remember borrowing my friends GBA and version of SMW. I had a blast playing through it. I hope this becomes an eventual downloadable game through the Nintendo eShop.