• robbie-large - January 10, 2014 8:17 a.m.

Azen the melee player also had a big rivalry with ken as well. It's funny how they mention the one who plays brawl, but not the one who plays melee.
  • Frieza - January 10, 2014 7:13 a.m.

I would love to see what these guys could do in Project M's Turbo Mode. Speaking of that, why do I never see any major gaming site talk about Project M? It's a pretty big deal considering it's a fan made mod that includes new characters and significantly re-works the competitive aspect of the game...
  • shawksta - January 10, 2014 9:32 a.m.

Its alright, and its great what they are doing for themselves, me personally, dont really care about it (some of their re-works dont actually seem better but thats just me) but i do give respect to what their doing.
  • shawksta - January 9, 2014 10:56 p.m.

CHECK THE SITE DEDEDE'S BACK AND HE LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER HE'S LITERALLY HIS KIRBY RIGHT BACK AT YA CARTOON FORM
  • universaltofu - January 9, 2014 11:04 p.m.

Looks good, though he wasn't my style in brawl, I'm sure that could change as my mains don't tend to carry over sans peach.
  • shawksta - January 9, 2014 11:19 p.m.

Who knows. Bowser got a complete Makeover, which im super excited about.
  • universaltofu - January 10, 2014 5:12 a.m.

Yes, I like using bowser and the changes look effective.
  • J-Fid - January 9, 2014 10:05 p.m.

Would have liked to have seen some Smash 64. A video of Isai to show how dominant 64 Pikachu is. I always enjoy watching these videos. With Brawl, I always try to find something to take with me. Can't do that with Melee. It's so fast, (watch the video explaining all the buttons that are pressed in a 10 second span of a match, ridiculous) that I have no clue what's going on sometimes. It's just best to sit back and enjoy the action.
  • talleyXIV - January 9, 2014 8:11 p.m.

Shit is nuts.
  • g1rldraco7 - January 9, 2014 6:32 p.m.

My self esteem dropped to half after watching these clips :(
  • GOD - January 9, 2014 6:23 p.m.

I'm too inconsistent with my character selection to have had any chance against them in the past.... maybe with new smash I'll start to hone my craft. I'd rather play a large variety of characters (especially the out there ones like Yoshi) than win more often but only use one character the whole time. I hope some of the heavier characters are improved in new smash though, because they were so much slower in Brawl without any real advantages besides weight.
  • GOD - January 10, 2014 9:23 p.m.

Coincidentally ended up playing some Melee today, and one, I play a pretty damn good Ice Climbers (and almost a damn good Yoshi), and second, I managed to accidentally pull off the Ice Climbers grab freeze that glitches out the opponent so they can't move... so that was pretty great. I can't wave dash, but I can beat people who wave dash, so that doesn't bother me.
  • MrArtless - January 9, 2014 5:09 p.m.

Try Westballz,, Dr. Peepee, PewPewU, Shroomed, S2J, Axe, Abate, and Mofo for starters. Also you lied, I might actually be better than Bombsoldier.
  • shawksta - January 9, 2014 4:46 p.m.

Mew2King's Zero Suit Samus vs Metaknight was the most suspensful shit ever remember watching. Also watching these reminds me how awesome the music is. And new smash is seems to have the same, the Megaman theme was awesome, and the main theme grows on you. Im still confused as why Sega chose Sonic Heroes out of all music on the Sonic reveal but who cares. They are most likely better than me, but im still pretty good, especially since despite the flak people like to give it, i love and mastered Wiimote+Nunchuck and maining a bunch of guys. Im more of a jack of all trades so to speak but i still have my preferences. One of my most favorites is Pokemon Trainer, he gets a lot of shit for his mechanics (Im looking at you Project M) but you just gotta stop whinning and LEARN TO GET GOOD.
  • universaltofu - January 9, 2014 8:42 p.m.

That's probably the only part of the competitive mentality that bothers me is the 'make them separate characters' which goes for Zelda/shiek too, my mantra is if you are going to play those characters, you need to learn everything about them and get good at learning when to switch. With zero suit samus I'd prefer separate characters though, or a better way to switch. For controllers I'm a cuber for as long as it's viable. Brings to mind how with the n64 had it's controller pretty much designed around Mario 64, it's like the cube controller was the same with melee, and it's unfortunate the wii was not centered around brawl, I mean it's cool you have your preference, but it took away from the experience for me when a central factor in my immersion and connection from player to character was based on a honed input method, Brawl instead put apathy on the table.
  • shawksta - January 9, 2014 8:57 p.m.

I can understand what you mean with the controllers, which is why i perfer Wiimote+Nunchuck as it felt as a new experience and immersion for me. I think its because they dont want to force motion in a fighting game, and even then, we had different control schemes in general about the Wii, with its classic controller and such.
  • universaltofu - January 9, 2014 9:43 p.m.

Yeah, it's totally understandable why they did it like that, and I wouldn't have wanted to have had to use only the wiimote+nunchuck, but it was things like that which riddled Brawl with what I believe to be some odd choices from Nintendo's treatment of the series to Sakurai's development of the game. I mean, remember how Sakurai was asked to make brawl AFTER they announced it was coming, which at the time was already too long after melee (not that every game should be on the call of duty schedule, but there are some which should pretty much be in perpetual development, and smash is deserving of having the ball rolling at any given time). The third party characters, assist trophies, SSE, bonus modes, stage builder, stickers, soundtrack, and controller methods, it was packed to gills, it was great to see a game bursting with content, yet it lacked a focus on pretty much the only thing that mattered which was 'hey, balance things a bit so fox/finaldestination isn't so prevalent, and give it killer online functionality'. Instead we get Mario kart showing how online can work, and Metaknight going S tier. Dedede can easily chain-throw you, but hey here are demos of nes games, wooooo.
  • shawksta - January 9, 2014 11:19 p.m.

Pretty much, Sakurai didnt even know if they wanted him to develop Brawl but he did after. New smash atleast was his idea entirely and he's much more careful. Especially since he apologized before about how Brawl's main focus was to get newcomers to join in. Otherwise New smash's goal is to combine the best of Melee and Brawl in a sort of middle ground.
  • MrArtless - January 11, 2014 1:17 a.m.

No you're a noob. They want them as separate characters because there is no reason to switch to Zelda, she sucks. Except to recover occasionally. Still not worth the loss of a down b.
  • universaltofu - January 11, 2014 11:19 a.m.

I'm not the one ignoring the advantage of having an entire second character at my disposal any given time over the course of the match allowing the freedom to mix things up according to match ups and playstyles. Zelda doesn't suck, her tier reflects her disadvantages and lack of use, just as jiggly and ice climbers weren't immediately recognized as upper tier, it takes some convincing tournament wins to build a solid player base of people showing what a character is capable of. Obviously shiek only players aren't hurt much by ignoring the princess whereas Zelda only players clearly waste more potential by not tapping into ninja death. Keep up the attitude though, see how far it gets you.