• KidKatana - December 17, 2010 9:52 a.m.

I really should finish Red Steel 2...agreed with ventanger that my arm just got too tired. I really wanna play NMH2 but I'm secretly hoping that it will be announced for PS3 like the first one. I'll definitely be buying the HD upgrade so I don't wanna have to buy the sequel twice as well... Also, did Lost in Shadow come out this year? I heard that was quite good...
  • jmcgrotty - December 17, 2010 7:58 a.m.

Gotta point out a pretty big typo in this article. The complete text of the article should have been "Yeah right, We're just kidding with that headline"
  • GhoulxScout13 - December 17, 2010 6:13 a.m.

I unfortunately had to sell my Wii about a year ago (which was bitter sweet as I was one of the idiots who camped outside of a Best Buy for 20+ hours to get there hands on the first batch of them) but there a handful of games in this list that I wouldn't mind getting my hands on, mainly, No More Heroes 2, although with the announcement of the PS3/360 port, I may be able to get them on (and not trying to start a flame war here) one of the superior consoles. I will probably pick up a Wii when the Wii2 or whatever Nintendo happens to name it, comes out, to play some of the games I missed out on, but as it stands, I'm loving my 360 as it is and I can't really afford to go pay 300+ for a Wii and a handful of games that I want to get my hands on.
  • Colosseyed - December 17, 2010 4:29 a.m.

Black Ops really should have been on this list instead of Golden Eye imo. I know it's hard to judge the game objectively as just a Wii release when there are HD options available, but Treyarch really should be commended for how much of the experience they were able to cram onto the Wii. Hands down the best online experience for the console, and legitimately fun even without a "...for the Wii" disclaimer. Don't get the hype for the NMH series. It's about as "mature" as an episode of Jackass, and Madworld has it beat by far for just mindless brawler fun. Epic Mickey reminds me alot of the Lego games. It's a children's game (contrary to what the marketing would have you believe), but with enough polish and nostalgia to appeal to an adult who has a soft spot for the given subject matter. I also really enjoyed NHL Slapshot this year.
  • NightCrawler_358 - December 17, 2010 2:54 a.m.

nintendo kinda screwed up with the Wii. maybe they'll take all their money from old ladies and make an amazing system next gen? Anyway, i was excited to play Tatsunoko vs Capcom, but the controls were so simple, then they sucked on the gamecube controller, and it felt slow and repetitive comparedto Marvel vs Capcom 2, which is like 10 years old. hopefully MvC3 will be as good as 2.
  • Innounci - December 17, 2010 2:51 a.m.

i have two of those games on the list (Red steel 2 and NMH 2), and i can say that they are an absolute orgy of awesome. Hopefully, i'll be able to get Monster hunters tri and TvC soon...
  • WelcomeGhosts10 - December 17, 2010 2:26 a.m.

Still super pumped for Epic Mickey, plus I have heard good things about Red Steel 2!
  • ventanger - December 17, 2010 1:58 a.m.

Red Steel 2 deserves to be the first listed. That game blew me away. And made my right arm very, very sore.
  • Twizinator - December 17, 2010 1:56 a.m.

MONSTER HUNTER TRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love me some batshit-sized monster slaying >:D Tho i still play the PSP versions moar for two reasons: 1 more of my friends have the PSP version 2 my internet is crap anyway
  • Yeager1122 - December 17, 2010 1:54 a.m.

I only want to try No More Heroes.
  • batmanboy11 - December 17, 2010 1:38 a.m.

Good stuff.
  • shorty_bobert - December 17, 2010 1:14 a.m.

Monster Hunter 3 was my entire life for two months at least. Other M was really nice looking for a Wii game. For J-RPG fans (if they even exist on this site) If you can handle the crappy voice acting, Arc Rise Fantasia was a great one
  • CancerMan - December 17, 2010 1:11 a.m.

Bought Red Steel 2 because of Brett's review, and I was not disappointed. Played the shit out of SMG2 and had a blast in coop. And I finally beat Cave Story!
  • n00b - December 17, 2010 12:54 a.m.

i've been singing this song the whole year bough no more heroes 1 and 2 just recently. gona play 2 after i beat 1. gona pick up some of these as well
  • BurntToShreds - December 17, 2010 12:26 a.m.

I bought NMH2 for 18 bucks, and it does indeed kick ass. Well worth dusting off my Wii. There's also some must-have GameCube games from way back. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle is still one of the best 3D Sonic games in my opinion, and raising Chao will keep you hooked.
  • twewy13 - December 17, 2010 12:22 a.m.

Sky Crawlers? i didn't know that was a good game. Guess i'll be lookin in to that one MH3 ftw
  • CH3BURASHKA - December 17, 2010 12:15 a.m.

No Wii = no happy. Nintendo REALLY pulled out the big guns. I'm just hoping they can keep the train rolling. AKA moar DKC Returns.
  • grappler51 - December 17, 2010 12:11 a.m.

I loved TvC, still wanna play Red Steel 2 sometime.
  • GammaGames - December 17, 2010 12:06 a.m.

I got Cave Story on my DSi after playing the WiiWare demo. It's fun!
  • ssj4raditz - December 17, 2010 12:05 a.m.

It was so great to see more games I actually wanted to play on the Wii this year. Hopefully the streak will continue in 2011!