• Meleedragon27 - May 10, 2011 3:57 a.m.

I gotta agree with that one poster about the Mario Bros. movie; you guys give that flick too much flak. Yeah, it's got essentially very little to do with the games and takes way too many artistic liberties, but it's got it's own bizarre little charm about it. Also, I laughed at the Jersey Shore spoof.
  • Tenfey - May 9, 2011 9:16 p.m.

People seem to really enjoy the antics of this Mario.
  • BlackElement17 - May 9, 2011 5:28 a.m.

I remember there will be brawl. It was fun.
  • wulibo - May 9, 2011 1:37 a.m.

this is awesome! I'd heard mention of TWBB, but never what it even was before. I just watched it, and the ending to episode 9 had me crying more than when *SPOILER ALERT: KID RADD* bogey died near the end of Kid Radd *END SPOILER,* which was so sad that I literally only need to think about it now to begin crying, which is useful for an actor.
  • AndIThoughtHeSmelledLikePizzaOnTheOutside - May 8, 2011 3:31 p.m.

This was great. The one thing I noticed is not even the gritty remakes (at least the ones featuring dialogue ) could resist a "mario is missing" joke. Wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't watched them back to back. More articles like this please!
  • Biopiate - May 8, 2011 3:04 p.m.

The original movie was filmed in my town (Wilmington, NC). I wish it didn't suck so hard. The Crow was also filmed here too though.
  • CitizenWolfie - May 8, 2011 1:11 p.m.

There will be Brawl was pretty damn good (apart from the acting). The references to the other series' characters worked really well. Bit of self promotion here - I did a similar story to TWBB but featuring the Zelda characters. It's free to download from my DeviantArt page if anyone fancies a short read - http://citizenwolfie.deviantart.com/gallery/425068#/d218d46
  • apeman - May 8, 2011 12:47 p.m.

Cool stuff but I never saw the appeal of Mario - I ave never even liked the games. Ah well .....
  • jettaboi - May 8, 2011 1:30 a.m.

How about POWER STAR?!?!?!
  • bidoofking - May 7, 2011 7:32 p.m.

Everyone gives that movie too much flak. Have you actually watched it recently? It's really not that bad.
  • Spybreak8 - May 7, 2011 7:01 p.m.

^ Yeah that one is my fav, so hilarious.
  • Guardian88 - May 7, 2011 6:30 p.m.

hay waht about the Robot Chicken one with Mario and Luigi going into Vice City
  • IveGotTheGlow - May 7, 2011 3:32 p.m.

There will be brawl was decent!
  • JLThatshilarious - May 7, 2011 2:47 p.m.

I agree, Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom should be here.
  • CoryM1134 - May 7, 2011 2:34 p.m.

The People's Mario was solid gold.
  • mastersworded - May 7, 2011 2:08 p.m.

Great feature! Have to admit, I'm probably one of the only people who actually liked the 1993 movie. I've probably seen it a hundred times since I was a kid. Lots of stuff I'd never seen before though, nice work!
  • philipshaw - May 7, 2011 12:34 p.m.

Already knew about some of these but the ones I didn't know about were awesome, great feature
  • Robx - May 7, 2011 12:04 p.m.

@shawksta Because killing the main character isn't dark enough? Or Yoshies gruesomely dismembering gombas, toads being teared apart and shit? Representation of the war we don't see under all those bright pixels? Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom must be on that list!
  • knightnettie - May 7, 2011 11:36 a.m.

Hooray K-Bo!
  • The_Tingler - May 7, 2011 9:35 a.m.

Excellent, but you missed out Robot Chicken! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK7vUJe2zfM