First, a few hints and tips, before we get to the game itself.
1. SAVE EARLY AND OFTEN! 1 loss and it is game over.
2. USE FREE DUEL MODE VERY, VERY, VERY MUCH! It is the best way to get
3. TO GET THE BEST CARDS, GET THE BEST RANKINGS!
4. YOU CANNOT WIN THIS GAME WITH JUST MONSTERS! YOU NEED MAGIC AND
1. To get S and A POW rankings, defeat your opponent quickly with force
and lose no life points. You get monster cards for POW rank.
2. To get S and A TEC ranks, deck your opponent (make him/her run out of
cards) or beat him/her with defenses. You get magic and trap cards for
Sun beats Moon beats Venus beats Mercury beats Sun.
Mars beats Jupiter beats Saturn beats Uranus beats Pluto beats Neptune
THE WALK THROUGH
-When the game starts, select run away. Go to the card shop. Go to build
deck to check what cards you've got. I recommend that you restart if you
do not get a ragiki AND a monster with 1400 or more atk.
-Go to the dueling grounds. Battle Teana and Villager 1. Skip villager
2, because he has some good cards. Now, for the art of fusion. If you
have a rock and a female card in your deck, (i.e.: Morphing jar and ice
water) you can make mystical sand. You can upgrade her with wasteland
(if your deck came with it) to 2600 atk. Try and get a lot of dragon and
thunder cards with free duel mode. If you have 1 dragon and 1 thunder
card in your hand and at least 1 of the 2 has between 1600 and 2800 atk,
you can make the twin headed thunder dragon, which is one of the best
cards in the game. WOOHOO!
-Back to the game. Follow teana to the plaza to watch Jono lose to Seto
Kiaba. DO NOT GO TO THE DUEL GROUNDS YET! First, go to the palace and
duel the blue dude. He is easy, so don't worry about him. Now. If you
got any worthy cards from your duels, go to the card shop to put them
into your deck. Save and turn the PS off. Restart and go to load and
FREE DUEL. Duel and get TEC rankings to get some magic or trap cards.
-Now when your deck is improved, go to the duel grounds and duel Jono.
Seto will arrive. He can pull out some pretty good monsters, so use
magic often. Use Ragiki when you have a lot of defense monsters and
attack with them all. When he loses, he will leave.
- Save and do free duel a few more times to get more monsters and
magics. Remember that at the bottom you will find Duel master K, who
uses the same deck as you.
- Haishin than invades the palace. Talk to Simon muran to get the
millennium puzzle (woohoo). Unfortunately, you must lose now to proceed.
Now, smash the puzzle so your soul will be locked in it.
- At this point, you should save WHENEVER YOU CAN and go back to do free
- Yugi and Joey are talking at the tournament. Get through it and
prepare to do a lot of dueling!
- Rex is a VERY GOOD opponent to duel in free duel, because he gives out
dragons. He is also a pretty wimpy dueler.
- Weevil's only good monsters are great moth and Juri gumo, but other
than that he is easy.
- Mai, Mai, this is getting difficult (sorry, I couldn't resist) you
CAN'T WIN unless you have a twin headed thunder dragon. Well, you can
win, but it is reeeealy difficult to do.
- Keith is a very good duelist. He uses powerful machine cards to defend
himself while blasting your monsters. He also has Zoa and Metalzoa, so
use equip cards to pump up a THTD and finish him off quickly.
- Shadi helps yugi meet you and gives you 6 blank cards. hmmmm...
- Now you have to duel Shadi. Just attack and try to hold him off from
making his good fusions.
Well, I guess you have to get all 7 millennium items. He gives the
Scales (my favorite) and the key, or Anka as it's known in Japan...
- Time for Yami Bakura. This duel will last a
loooong time because he uses defensive monsters like Labyrinth wall to hold off,
but otherwise, he is easy. He will give the ring to you if you win.
- Okay. Time for the guy we all know and love, pegasus. He has quite a
few strong monsters. And if you don't get him quick, he has a monster
with 3500 atk called the meteor black dragon (we'll be getting one of
those soon, so hang tight) he will "relinquish" (he he he) the Eye.
- Isis is your next opponent. You might have trouble with her unless you
have 2 or 3 THTD, because she has a few of them too. Just stalemate with
hers and you will have no trouble at all. She gives up the Necklace
- The FINAL OPPONENT is good ol' Kaiba. He is VERY GOOD! He has the
BEWD, so you'll have to somehow boost up a THTD to get an easy win...
He gives up the Rod after losing.
- NOW GO TO FREE DUEL MODE AGAIN. Duel pegasus and get S or A TEC
rankings to get good cards like widespread ruin, megamorph, Dark hole,
and other powerful magic and trap cards for your now hopefully more
- Simon tells you what's going on, and than dies. (GASP) Left is the
valley of kings, so go. Sadin is there, so ask him where the forbidden
tomb is. He doesn't know. Drat. Well, lets go to the metropolis. Go to
the palace into Simon's room. To find out how hard the mage soldier is,
read the following poem:
Why do we even have to face him?
I think you could beat him at the beginning of the game with a WEAK
My, my, he is an idiot.
Please don't make me duel and easy guy like him again!
That's right, W I M P.
- Grab the map and leave. Go back to the valley of kings and have Mr.
Idontknowanything lead you to the tomb. Go to he arena, and do not duel
either teana nor jono. Before fighting the high mages, go to the meadow
shrine and defeat the low mage. Go to free duel mode and get A and S POW
on him to get that 3500 atk dragon.
- Do the mages in this order: UMI, MOUNTAIN, DESERT, MEADOW, FOREST.
- NOTE: A side quest that involves rescuing Teana will occur if you go
to the dueling field after beating 2 (no more, no less) of the mages.
- Save and do some free duels after defeating all 5 mages. Go to the
VAST SHRINE!! HAHAHA!!!
- Guardian Sebek will easily be blasted with the cards you got from that
low mage, like the meteor black dragon or skull knight. If you ignored
me and didn't duel the low mage,(you will probably lose the game, you
know) than a boosted THTD will do fine.
- If you play the MBD against Neku, play him in mars guardian star or
else his skull knight will whoop up on you.
- Heishin is THE hardest duelist in the game. He has many 3000+ atk
monsters. Boost up your MBD with megamorph and dragon treasure and
finish him off quickly so he can't pull out his megamorphs.
- Time for 1 last duel with Kaiba. He has the same deck you just faced,
with 1 difference. HE HAS THE BLUE EYES ULTIMATE DRAGON!
Your only chance here is with a megamorphed BMD or 3 to stalemate...
- Well, we made it this far, but now Kaiba is going to get killed! After
handing over the M-items, Heishin summons DARKNITE.
- YAY! Heishin is dead! The only problem is, DN is going to kill you and
kaiba too! He is actually a lot easier than he looks, so don't sweat.
But now, he morphs into the NITEMARE and duels you for the final time.
(he has the same deck as Kaiba did, with only 1 BEUD)
- Well, the game is over. If you play Duelist of the Roses for PS2, use
the code that is at the end of this game to get a free card.