• Robusken - June 24, 2010 2:07 p.m.

Completely agree with you David. An HD SSX will require me buying a spanking new TV.
  • suicidalstickman - June 24, 2010 2:16 p.m.

I miss the SSX's, if the new ones anything near to tricky it'll be amazing. I should never have sold it really.
  • willyfoureyes - June 24, 2010 2:22 p.m.

I agree. Since a new NBA Jam game is on the horizon, I think the time would be appropriate for SSX to make a comeback.
  • Fredeur - June 24, 2010 2:37 p.m.

I have to disagree with David, a SSX HD would not be one of the pinnacles of human achievement thus far, it would be THE pinnacle of human achievement thus far.
  • GR_DavidHoughton - June 24, 2010 2:59 p.m.

Freduer, you had me worried there for a second. Good save.
  • grizzly311 - June 24, 2010 3:50 p.m.

I know it won't/can't happen, but wouldn't be interesting to see what Platinum games would do with this franchise. Just a thought.
  • ayoyo227 - June 24, 2010 4:13 p.m.

This would make my life, i remember going to my friends house to play this. I would pre-order this in a second. But knowing todays devs i have a feeling there's going to be something wrong with it if they make it.
  • smackage - June 24, 2010 4:41 p.m.

Riding endless backcountry and nailing tricks that only read as ??? on the bottom of the screen while shoving other riders to their doom always puts a smile on my face.
  • SirDinkleman - June 24, 2010 5:54 p.m.

A new SSX would sure hit the spot right about now, I miss Mac's annoying street talk, but I hope they bring back a lot more of the characters from tricky and the first game. (Maybe even ALL of them????)
  • VyseTheTetrisdork - June 24, 2010 6:03 p.m.

I miss SSX. 3 was truly the best of the series and was disappointed with the Wii's SSX Blur. Thank for reminding me how awesome the series is and for making me hunt down SSX 3 for the Xbox so that I can play it on my 360.
  • Fmrfox - June 24, 2010 6:07 p.m.

SSX is fun, but being a snowboarder I would rather have a realistic snowboarding game that is basically skate on a snowboard. Stoked was ok but didn't have a very big developer/ production value so it was glitchy. Plus it was ALL backcounty, which is fun but you need ski hills/park in there too.
  • Jez7 - June 24, 2010 6:18 p.m.

I couldn't agree more. SSX revolutionised extreme sports and winter games. It was exiting, appealing and ANYONE could play it. The simple fact is that there's NO WAY that EA will bring out a new SSX WITHOUT motion control... expecially with Move. Not that you won't be able to play it normally, but drawing trick shapes and carving powder is just something they will think 'clicks'. Having said that, any SSX game (especially made my Criterion) would make me cream cakes... a solid soundtrack, loads of routes, downloadable mountains, 16-player races, festivals, winter games, create-a-boarder.. if they did it right, it would be the best sports game ever made. I had hoped for something out of E3.. but alas. Still, here's hoping... perhaps we should start a petition.
  • N24K - June 24, 2010 8:16 p.m.

I want ssx tricky back in glorious HD PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • QWERTYCommander - June 24, 2010 9:30 p.m.

The only SSX games I played were Tricky, On Tour and Blur, and judging by those, yes, I do want another SSX. Probably with the same style of music for On Tour, combined with the gameplay of Tricky and 3, and SSX 4 would be AMAZING.
  • evilpacman18 - June 24, 2010 11:59 p.m.

"Keep motion control the hell away from it." ^THIS THIS THIS
  • QWERTYCommander - June 25, 2010 5:07 a.m.

Blur was shit. I do agree, keep motion controls AWAY.
  • Spybreak8 - June 25, 2010 8:58 a.m.

I grew up with that game, played SSX3 in high school and then a lot more in college with my roommates. A HD tweaked port of SSX3 is all I'm asking. I love DJ Atomika and I thought it was cool that I heard that in Burnout Paradise as well (the advantage to gaming with headphones on).
  • philipshaw - June 25, 2010 10:22 a.m.

I would love for this to happen, I'm such a huge SSX fan and I'm still playing SSX3 now on my HDTV and that game still looks great
  • joecool2992 - June 25, 2010 9:55 p.m.

well, my favorite racing game ever was need for speed hot pursuit 2 and Criterion is making a reboot of that. if they make an ssx tricky reboot also....i could die happy
  • darkmagshin - June 25, 2010 10:34 p.m.

ssx was probably my favorite game of the last generation, come to think of it. YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH NEW SSX NOWWWW captcha: 20 seedless