Topics

Nintendo TVii

• masterjoe123 - September 17, 2012 5:48 p.m.

I really hope I can access this with my ridiculously limited Time Warner "Deluxe Cable Package"
  • diana-rice - September 17, 2012 12:52 p.m.

I'm making $86 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $95 but I see how it works now. I feel so much freedom now that I'm my own boss. This is what I do, http://bit.ly/Qi4PON
  • Japanaman - September 17, 2012 10:45 a.m.

Wii U = The Nintendo Ultra Entertainment System
  • OscarW - September 17, 2012 8:51 a.m.

Yes, easily the best media service... *Hastily hides DVDs and Blu-rays* Seriously though, would have loved to use that tablet for BD-Live or Nintendo equivalent service. Would it really have cost them that much to add Blu-ray?
  • TheMariner - September 17, 2012 10:24 p.m.

Considering Blu-ray is a Sony product, yeah probably.
  • OscarW - September 18, 2012 8:44 a.m.

I think it's a standard rate. Looking around it seems that it's "$9.50 for a Blu-ray player, $14 for a Blu-ray recorder, 11¢ for a read-only disc, 12¢ for a recordable disc, and 15¢ for a rewritable disc". Take this, subtract cost of developing their own proprietary discs. It doesn't seem like it would be too much for them.
  • Burdmayn - September 17, 2012 8:36 a.m.

The funny thing is that Nintendo had a similar service for the Wii, but it was only in Japan. Read a good book on the history of Nintendo and you'll see that they've had ideas and plans for services like this since the original NES. Anyone who think Nintendo is going to just die off within a few years obviously doesn't know much about their history.
  • radiodeaf - September 17, 2012 5:33 a.m.

did it hurt to reach this conclusion? lol.... seriously, this is not a reason to buy a WiiU...
  • RonnyLive19881 - September 17, 2012 7:53 a.m.

It's a perk. The system is already fantastic, I can't even afford all of the launch titles I want for it Lol I have to stick with Mario U and Zombiu at the moment.
  • Gorillaman23 - September 17, 2012 3:59 a.m.

I'll probably end up using this to troll /sp/ while watching Super Bowl. But seriously, Nintendo needs to do something about those names. Adding two unnecessary Is to everything is, well, unnecessary.
  • JachAnen - September 17, 2012 1:34 a.m.

Sorry, but that titel is all wrong. Ever since the first Playstation showed up, Nintendo have been outperformed in hardware and software (even design) by every competitor (even SEGA). The only reason they still exist is Mario and Link. And whatever they might think up, we know Sony or Microsoft (probably both) will think of something better. Sure this looks seems cool, but there is a 90% chance it is going to suck when we see it for ourselves. Only experienced that Kinect was able to be better from show to release. Everything else seemed to be a bad prototype/beta at release.
  • coujoir - September 17, 2012 2:15 a.m.

Did you pull those facts from a legitimate source, or out of your ass? It's quite common knowledge that the N64 was more powerful than the Playstation, that the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2, and that both the N64 and Wii innovated on hardware (controllers), which its competitors later picked up on (analogues and rumble on the N64 - dualshock, motion control on the Wii - Move and Kinect). The reason they exist is because the Wii tapped into a much bigger market than its competitors. Where they have failed since the N64 is on third party support - this is a legitimate point of concern, but it seems to be being addressed this time around with the publication of Bayonetta 2, alongside other big name games. If you are going to be blatantly partisan in your posts, at least check your facts.
  • Puppetbasher - September 17, 2012 8 a.m.

I agree with all of your statement except about the Wii Motion Controller and Playstation Move. They both started development at around the same time, but Sony released their's a lot later than Nintendo. I'm not sure which is better though having only used the Wii controller without the motion plus.
  • wiz0791 - September 17, 2012 1:51 p.m.

Your wrong actually , Last gen the Gamecube was more powerful then the PS2. They are still around for the simple fact that its Nintendo a driving force in the gaming industry the lead innovator.
  • tehtimeisnow - September 17, 2012 1:31 a.m.

ha ah no i dout that cuz 360 alredy as the perfect media servece
  • SpiritTemple - September 17, 2012 2:50 a.m.

I was just waiting for your comment, get on Gamesradar more!
  • Thedigitalg - September 17, 2012 1:52 p.m.

DO NOT REPLY - OBVIOUS TROLL
  • masterjoe123 - September 17, 2012 5:46 p.m.

lol. Oh wait, you're serious? Let me laugh even harder. lololololol
  • TheMariner - September 17, 2012 10:27 p.m.

Wait a second, so the iTroll is saying that the 360 has the perfect media service...?
  • beemoh - September 17, 2012 12:24 a.m.

>It seems silly to vote on which character's halloween costume on Modern Family was the best, but imagine voting on a singer in American Idol or a person on Survivor right from your remote Thing is, they've tried online and mobile voting for reality shows in the UK- it didn't work. This might work for flavour polls, as a bit of fun for superfans, but wouldn't work as a voting mechanism for such shows.