• koklush - October 4, 2013 2:50 a.m.

Silver surfer for NES has some awesome ost by Tim Follin, it's like 8-bit drum'n'bass. just awesome
  • Vonter - October 5, 2013 8:48 a.m.

He also made the music for the Pictionary game for the NES.
  • StrayGator - October 4, 2013 12:40 a.m.

No mention of Ōkami? I can't recognize GamesRadar anymore.
  • antiAntag0nist - October 4, 2013 12:38 a.m.

Infamous 2. I wasn't expecting much from it considering there was nothing particularly memorable about the first game's OST, but I was surprised at how much I liked it. The boss battles in that game felt even more epic due to the rousing music playing underneath them. The end credit song is great too; It was on repeat in my for a few days after completing it.
  • Cyberninja - October 3, 2013 10:44 p.m.

The Persona Series and TWEWY the two soundtracks I listen even when not gaming.
  • Darkmessiah24 - October 3, 2013 9:48 p.m.

Too Human (I know the game was a mess but the soundtrack was excellent) Payday 1+2 (Perfect for heist missions) Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (finished it, the music is epic) Battletoads & Double Dragon Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • slimjim441 - October 3, 2013 9:28 p.m.

Kirby's Epic Yarn Donkey Kong Country Returns Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game Super Mario Galaxy (1+2) VVVVVV Mega Man 8 (Saturn) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess F-Zero X Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch ...to name a few.
  • supaMcnugget - October 4, 2013 4:06 p.m.

I adored Ni No Kuni's music. The main menu and game world themes were especially gorgeous.
  • Vonter - October 5, 2013 8:47 a.m.

Almost of all of these games have especially good piano remixes.
  • awesomesauce - October 3, 2013 8:18 p.m.

there's alot of good soundtracks, but underrated has to goto either Blitz: The League, NBa:2k11 (before JayZ mainstreamed the music), or Castle Crashers.
  • tomasfr89 - October 3, 2013 7:52 p.m.

Legend of Mana soundtrack grabs my heart from the title screen and never lets it go, especialy in the boss fights (fighting Irwin is metal as hell) and Parasite Eve burned Eve's haunting melody in my mind forever (then again, the music of these games was composed by the same person, Yoko Shimomura, so you could say I'm a fan of her work).
  • nintendo365 - October 3, 2013 7:23 p.m.

Perfect Dark, hands down. From Chicago to the Air Base to the Pelagic II- Every song in that game was masterfully crafted, and when the X versions of the song kicked in, you couldn't help feeling the pressure. A perfect soundtrack for a perfect game
  • LordZarlon - October 3, 2013 7:12 p.m.

Supreme Commander! I don't know if it's overrated, but it is a PC RTS game so most likely this website's reader base is not to familiar with it. Give it a try on Youtube. It's really epic!
  • TheGooseinator - October 3, 2013 6:24 p.m.

Portal 2. The techno soundtrack was awesomely consistent and always matched the onscreen action perfectly, particularly in the games more intense, exciting scenes. Plus, I'm always up for a game that puts techno and dubstep to actual use. Take THAT, Borderlands 2!
  • ThatGamerDude - October 3, 2013 6:19 p.m.

Despite the game being mostly crap, I do think the soundtrack of Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Genesis version) is one that is underrated when comparing it to other Sonic soundtracks. Also 3D Dot Game Heroes's soundtrack is pretty great (especially seeing how the game is suppose to be directly inspired by the Legend of Zelda).
  • winner2 - October 3, 2013 6:18 p.m.

Hmm. I particularly love every soundtrack from Farcry 3. The Giant's Head, Monsoon, and Fever Dream especially. Also in Max Payne 3 when he shaves and he's walking through the favela slum to that rap song.
  • Swedish_Chef - October 3, 2013 5:56 p.m.

Just a quick short list so I might be missing a lot. - Earthworm Jim 1 and 2. - Timesplitters 2. - Any soundtrack Danny Baranowsky makes. - God Hand. - Anarchy Reigns. - Tatsunoko vs Capcom. - Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure. - Asura's Wrath.
  • Vonter - October 3, 2013 6 p.m.

Agreed, still haven't listened to Timesplitters or Anarchy Reigns though. Also Henry Hatsworth surely had some catchy songs, my favorite being Cake or Death.
  • duffer00 - October 3, 2013 5:54 p.m.

I mean other than Muppet Party Cruise... I will have to say Dark souls. Now as far as I know it isn't super acclaimed but it may be and I'm just not aware. However when I walk into Firelink Shrine and hear that tune it just relaxes me and me feel safe, even outside of the game. Here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyNmoWxErHU Castle Crashers and the inFamous games as well. And I know it isn't really underrated but The Last of Us soundtrack was amazing.
  • BladedFalcon - October 3, 2013 5:33 p.m.

Gladly! If you're willing to give the entire soundtrack a go, this good man in youtube has the whole thing in a handy playlist: (With the link below showing the main theme, which is in itself a must listen) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IckuT80YPyg&list=PL50FEC63B84EA1A08 If you want some choice cuts of what I think are the highlights of the game however, here are some selections: This one is the whimsical theme of the main hub you have to choose who to play as, it's one of the more tranquil themes but it's good to show the kind of variety the soundtrack has: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxnT9rDBe7g&list=PL50FEC63B84EA1A08 These two are an example of how a stage's music was handled, each stage had a "idle" theme, which played when there was no battles going on, and a "battle" theme, which is usually an up-tempo, more busy version of the idle theme, but they are still distinct even when the main melody is the same. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAhlaVCVfWs&list=PL50FEC63B84EA1A08 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKj12Vr_afY&list=PL50FEC63B84EA1A08 But THEN you have a specific stage, a city, and in this one, the Idle theme and the battle theme are different songs altogether, and both are fantastic, the idle theme evoking a sense of melancholy and loneliness, while the battle theme has a very palpable sense of urgency and adventure to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnu1Wvi1bDs&list=PL50FEC63B84EA1A08 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHWjmUAWd60&list=PL50FEC63B84EA1A08 Next, you have the mini-boss theme, yes, this isn't even the final boss of a stage, and yet it feels super grand in scale and importance already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9JTN-1Sog8&list=PL50FEC63B84EA1A08 This is a theme reserve for particularly important, or dire boss fights, and it's in contrast one filled with despair and gloom, with still a tone of determination sprinkled trough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_vKVBXAt8k&list=PL50FEC63B84EA1A08 Lastly, you have to final boss fights. Yes, in plural. I'll just let two of them speak on their own: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhbYPSzorOU&list=PL50FEC63B84EA1A08 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkTe5ZXpqXU&list=PL50FEC63B84EA1A08 ...Okay, so maybe my selection of "choice" cuts is really, really big ^^; But I just think there's so much good music to be found in the soundtrack! anyway, if you had the patience to go trough all of those links, I really appreciate it, and if at least one or two hit the mark, then my job here is done ^^
  • Vonter - October 3, 2013 5:36 p.m.

Thank you very much. =)