• Gunthur - November 30, 2012 12:49 p.m.

So, basically...a bunch of the things that PC gamers have been enjoying for years. Minus the mods.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 30, 2012 1:29 p.m.

...And this is why no one likes PC gamers. As I have said before, you are the cyclists of the gaming world, no one likes you except for other cyclists. you get in the way, you have superiority issues, and you're usually overweight... Fucking cyclists.
  • ddg4005 - November 30, 2012 1:48 p.m.

And it's comments like yours that paint console gamers as petulant whiners with neither the skills to build a decent gaming PC nor the good sense to know that consoles have held back for quite some time.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 30, 2012 2:21 p.m.

Oh no, the skills are there, I just lack the motivation, time and desire. See, the difference is that console gamers don't go whining in PC based articles, whereas PC gamers make sure to go out of their way to comment on console based articles. It's a big difference bud... You can grasp this, yes? Anyway, my comment stands and your rebuttal has only reinforced it haha :P Now when it comes to consoles holding back anything, well, that's just silly. Not only are PC games usually cheaper, they are also more advanced when it comes to graphics and performance (and arguably controls)... So, how is console holding anything back from anything but itself? Lastly, and probably most importantly... The majority of gamers agree that PC elitists have become nothing but annoying trolls. What's funny is the fact that every year I consider building a rig, but then someone comes along spewing PC fanboy bullshit and then I am just pushed away again... I don't want to be a part of that demographic... Kinda like non-smokers and cyclists... Fucking cyclists. Man, sometimes I feel like an asshole, but then I look in the mirror and realize I'm pretty fucking great. It's good to be me.
  • The_King_of_Nothing - November 30, 2012 3:24 p.m.

Because you don't go on other articles to brag when yours is worse. They don't go out of their way to comment on other articles, they're already there and leave a comment before they leave. This paragraph makes no sense. Seriously. I can't figure it out. To answer how consoles hold back games...developers build smaller less graphically demanding games so consoles can handle them and PC don't break a sweat and all gamers suffer because of it. If you won't buy a PC because other PC gamers annoy you, well I just don't know what to say other than you're loss. Are you afraid you might become a douche? Well, more of a douche. Maybe you might just realize that you're wrong in this fight. You have the ability to get a PC, but don't want to be around some idiots and fanboys? Newsflash, consoles are filled with far more idiots and fanboys than gamers that even own a gaming PC. You're an idiot. This part proves it.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 30, 2012 3:39 p.m.

Wow, I didn't know things had become so personal, I guess I'm an idiot all of a sudden. Christ, it's like i'm being bitched at by a 14 year old girl. See, I'd agree with you if PC games were being held back... but they aren't. They are still years ahead of what any console can deliver... So what does any console news matter to PC gamer? When it comes to building my own gaming PC, I just don't have the energy or desire to do it. And honestly, I've played many games on a tuned PC and in the end I feel no loss whatsoever when I return to a console. I guess I'm a douche though. Your post has only cemented my position on elitist PC gamers (not all of you are like this). You are just like religious fundamentalists... You start off with a snarky, usually superior comment, then resort to name calling when someone calls you on your bullshit comments. to top it off, my personal favourite... I love the fact that your argument consists of absolutely nothing but name calling and insults...Dude, c'mon. You're better than that right? Wait, sorry, guess not... Game, set, match... Bitch. Aww yee.
  • The_King_of_Nothing - November 30, 2012 4:03 p.m.

Just following your example on namecalling. Does "fanboys", "trolls", and "elitist" ring any bells? You said them all. I said 2 insults, you spewed at least 3. Again, you're an idiot. Consoles have held back gaming, but I can see you don't know how to listen to reason. If you feel no loss on consoles, then more power to you, but sure don't seem happy. I love people sitting saying they win in their comments when all they do is find ways to avoid me pointing out their inaccuracies. Most of your rebuttal was on saying all I did was name call when I did it less than you. You even did so in this comment while acting superior as if you haven't. Have I mentioned I play more games on my PS3 and have always seen the need for consoles? I purposefully waited because I knew you see me as a PC elitist with no reason to be here. Even before I got a gaming PC i knew they benefits of a of PCs and consoles.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 30, 2012 4:20 p.m.

Well the difference there is that my insults are justified. You're an elitist, fanboy troll. See how that works? Now, if you put any reasoning behind your post, I might be able to learn from it, but unfortunately no sense was made... 0 points to King of Nothing *womp womp* AAaaaaaand again, instead of backing up your claims (heh almost sounds like clams) all you d is repeat yourself. And come on, I'm not an idiot. I'm a special snowflake, a unique creation of GOD-DUH. Please, bring something of substance to the table, if not then stick to name calling. Remember, I'm not the one who made the original claim, I just replied to it. It's your job to sound coherent... Thus far... well, yea... sorry dude. On another note, I just captured 520 Pokemon, fuck I rock. 3 shinies!
  • The_King_of_Nothing - November 30, 2012 4:33 p.m.

Well, if that comment wasn't the biggest fail of all time, please show me what is. You didn't provide anything contrary to my points and that first paragraphs was just pathetic. Again you fail to realize you did more name calling than I did so you're just insulting yourself anytime you bring it up. You need an education in what coherent means. You still play Pokemon? LOL
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 30, 2012 4:55 p.m.

Also, did you really just use playing Pokemon as an insult? REALLY? HAHAHA... Oh, god. You're really bad at this aren't you? Here's another free shot, I also enjoy Black Ops Zombies... Hahah, oh god. Yea, I play Pokemon, jeez, how embarrassing... Whatever will I do.
  • The_King_of_Nothing - November 30, 2012 5:18 p.m.

The Pokemon thing was supposed to be funny. I played it years ago and grew out of it, but there are still new players to it. I did nothing but create points and threw a few insults. I sometimes forget people don't read things and are unable to comprehend any view outside of their own. I have come up with a response to everyone one of you arguments and you have shied away every time resorting to using me using 2 name calls as making my comments invalid. I have backed away from nothing and defended any point you tried to disprove. Every single point I have made made perfect sense whether accurate or not. If they had no substance you should have been able to easily disprove them, instead you ignored them and said they were bad, most of the time because I name called. Try creating any kind of rebuttal and then you can start claiming advantage. Until then, you just look like someone hoping I'll shy away when instead I laugh at you. P.S. Zombies rules. I played it a lot and now play BO2 Zombies, some.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 30, 2012 7:30 p.m.

But that's the thing, you never created any points! You stated a quick opinion, called me an idiot, and then that was that. How is that creating points? Come on man, I'm sure you've done this before...
  • The_King_of_Nothing - December 1, 2012 6:16 a.m.

A little hungover, but I'll try this your way. You have created no points. All you did was name call. I have owned you always. You are bad at this. You suck. I wasn't even trying. That's all you've said every comment and still can't disprove any of the dozens of points I've made. If you're next comment has anything different go ahead. If not, don't even bother. Gees, with the swearing. That shows even less class than name calling. And no, nothing I've said justifies you using those words, or insults, when you used them before I commented.
  • gazzc - December 1, 2012 8:42 a.m.

Sorry dude but the truth may hurt you. PC's have more games, better games, cheaper games, higher graphical quality, better community, mods, more precise controls, customization and more. Consoles have benefits, but these are largely benefits of convenience, price or the occasional exclusive title that happens to be good. If you know what you are talking about then you would know that in terms of the actual games that the pc is far superior in every way. We are not elitist, we just know that what we have is much better than somebody who refuses to even consider a PC will ever have.
  • ParagonT - November 30, 2012 3:41 p.m.

Although I disagreed with some of your points, I was just about to go on about my business until I seen this: "Newsflash, consoles are filled with far more idiots and fanboys than gamers that even own a gaming PC." You were going good there, then you stooped down a level. Your no better than what they said.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 30, 2012 3:44 p.m.

To be fair, I didn't start this shit fest... I kinda just adding lighter fluid to it...
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 30, 2012 3:45 p.m.

added*
  • The_King_of_Nothing - November 30, 2012 4:06 p.m.

Well, have you ever seen a PS3 or XBOX 360 news article? Within 5 comments s*** hits the fan over which console is better. The answer is neither. Have you ever played online in games like Cod? They go crazy anytime someone mentions the other console. I'm just speaking from experience here.
  • ParagonT - November 30, 2012 3:58 p.m.

Come on Moon, ya have to admit that there are trolls under every bridge. Over loving Nintendo gamers who think Nintendo's the next messiah, Xbox jerks who only love shooting things, Sony brown nosers who believes that since their console has some better capabilities with power that it's L337, and of course the PC Elitist gamers who thinks that the world revolves around them and that due to spending more money on their rig makes their hobby of times wasting better, thus their dick bigger. Their everywhere my friend. Just go to any article and one is bound to show up. But of course this doesn't mean all of us are like that, no matter how infuriating they may can be.
  • Moondoggie1157 - November 30, 2012 4:25 p.m.

You're right, Paragon. They are everywhere. It's Friday and I am just in one of those moods where I need to pick on the first troll who shows their face. Honestly, I don't have a passionate opinion when it comes to this articles, it was ddg4005s comment that sent me over... well that and a bottle of rum... In the end, I admit to being a dick, all I ask for is a little competence when someone tells me off. Regardless! I'm super stoked for the next generation, especially after watching the various tech demos of the upcoming engines.
  • avantguardian - November 30, 2012 8:38 p.m.

and here comes paragon, taking out the trash:) preach on, brother!
  • ParagonT - December 1, 2012 7:03 a.m.

time* they're
  • winner2 - November 30, 2012 4:22 p.m.

I just saw "fucking cyclists". Finally, someone else who's willing to point it out. Fucking cyclists.
  • ParagonT - November 30, 2012 3:51 p.m.

I like how you make the fact that if one does not know how to build a decent gaming rig, then he is a "petulant whiner". Tell me, have you built a car from scratch? Your house from scratch? Well then by your reasoning, your a "petulant whiner" as well. Sometimes we enjoy things without having to make it ourselves. Consoles have held back two things; Yes, it has held back progress I can admit to a degree, but it also holds back costs, gives ease of playing for any demographic, and other features it brings to the table like split screen, driver-free, etc... Both has it's ups and downs.
  • Gunthur - December 1, 2012 11:58 a.m.

No one likes PC gamers because they make factually-supported statements regarding the state of the games industry? Are there any features detailed in the slideshow that have not been available on PCs for several years? Also...I'd identify myself as a Gamer, not a "PC gamer". I play on PC, PS3, smartphone, tablet, etc., and each platform has strengths. If a platform is good for something, I'll play games that take advantage of that fact. However, as consoles and computers have converged and begun to overlap in function (and hardware), the PC consistently provides a better experience. For the last few years, the only games my PS3 gets used for are Rocksmith, rhythm games (back when those were still cool), cart racing, and my kid playing old school Sonic. Every other genre I enjoy is better experienced on the PC.
  • ParagonT - November 30, 2012 3:51 p.m.

And your forgetting games.
  • avantguardian - November 30, 2012 8:43 p.m.

it seems weird that 'games' get overlooked when talking about this shit. i have no problem with pc gaming, as it fills a certain niche for me (rts), but the fact of the matter is that less than half of the games i enjoy are even available on that platform.
  • ParagonT - December 1, 2012 7:36 a.m.

Yeah, people need to get back in check with reality. Consoles can drive higher sales because kids, seniors, and adults who may not understand or want the hassle of PC's will purchase a console instead. PC's have faults just as much as any platform.
  • garnsr - November 30, 2012 1:34 p.m.

Most of these things are the same things we've been promised, and sometimes have gotten, since at least the PS2. It'll probably be mostly the same games as we've had since then, but prettier, as it has been.
  • JMarsella09 - November 30, 2012 1:42 p.m.

All I want is a console that won't break within the first year.
  • Aarononymous - November 30, 2012 2:19 p.m.

This is one list I'd especially love to be able to view. Unfortunately, Chrome is still giving me the middle finger. How has this not been fixed yet?