Topics

spin-off wEiRd

We Recommend

• shawksta - October 18, 2012 8:04 p.m.

Anything Mario related shouldnt even be here save for DDR, Mario can do anything and make it work somehow XD
  • BladedFalcon - October 18, 2012 8:47 p.m.

How about a first person shooter? :P
  • AuthorityFigure - October 19, 2012 1:43 a.m.

They did that: "Yoshi's Safari".
  • BladedFalcon - October 19, 2012 7:42 a.m.

Hmmm... True, I suppose, It's technically not a Mario game, although it IS Mario who does the shooting XD
  • pl4y4h - October 18, 2012 7:36 p.m.

Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble for the Game Boy Color. Now that's a spin off.
  • brickman409 - October 18, 2012 7:26 p.m.

I'm not saying halo wars is a bad game, but If it didn't exist we probably would have gotten a real Age of empires 4 (Not that AoE online crap) or at least a console port of AoE 3
  • Gorillaman23 - October 18, 2012 7:08 p.m.

"Gears of War returning as a point-and-click adventure" Not gonna lie, I'd totally play that.
  • Phantom R - October 18, 2012 5:05 p.m.

Haha, glad to see Kingdom Hearts on this list. What a great series.
  • JMarsella09 - October 18, 2012 5 p.m.

I love me some Metal Gear Acid and Persona 4 Arena. Oh and if we are really going for weirdest spin offs you should have put those Tingle games. Man those are weird.
  • Meleedragon27 - October 18, 2012 3:47 p.m.

Of all of the pinball spin-offs Nintendo made, I'm personally baffled by the fact that you guys went with the Mario one; yeah, it kinda came out of left field, but was it really that weird by Mario standards? You guys should've went with the Metroid pinball game on the DS instead. Now THAT was a game that nobody expected; a retelling of Metroid Prime where all the levels were pinball tables and the great bounty hunter Samus Aran spent the majority of her time in morph ball mode. But it was pretty decent list otherwise (totally forgot about how odd MGS got with games like Ac!d and that monkey minigame). Also, I was completely unaware Pac-Man had a Tetris-esque spin-off - when I think weird Pac-Man games, I think of that utterly bizarre point-and-click adventure game he had for the SNES and Genesis (technically, it wasn't a spin-off, but still...).
  • JarkayColt - October 18, 2012 2:55 p.m.

Wow, great list. I've heard of a few of these, but never actually played any (not even Kingdom Hearts) so it was pretty interesting reading about them. Well, actually, I HAVE played Mesal Gear Solid (which is awesome, and was actually surprised you put it here) but since that's part of Ape Escape 3 I never really considered it a spin off. I was hoping to see Link's Crossbow Training here too though so good on you for sticking it there, because I mean, it's "weird" because (correct me if I'm wrong) it's the ONLY Zelda spinoff (besides the Tingle games, but, y'know, those are Tingle games, obviously).