Topics

Top 7

• KA87 - November 6, 2012 5:28 a.m.

"This is the part were he kills us" -GLaDOs
  • GameManiac - November 6, 2012 8:59 a.m.

"...and then there will be cake."
  • mbavalo - November 6, 2012 11:34 a.m.

Let me give you a hint to this one lysabfuybwe aujbfjyhibfiuahbfjhb abfvibdfuyabk adifvbd
  • GameManiac - November 6, 2012 9:04 a.m.

"And his “One Winged Angel” orchestral-rock theme has always been a herald of $%!& officially getting real." For those whose ears have yet to be blessed by such a powerful piece of music. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MW65XxS7s
  • doominatorx6 - November 6, 2012 9:59 a.m.

Kane is the man. Seriously, he hasn't aged whatsover from Command and Conquer to C&C 4. Also, he was the only thing saving the aforementioned C&C 4 from being a complete mess.
  • furiouslunchbox - November 6, 2012 2:51 p.m.

The darkness from...the darkness. Jackie Estecado is not really a shining example of a good guy but I freakin love the darkness character especially since its just a voice with no face. Everytime the darkness spoke I got chills. I loved jackie as a character too he's one of my favorite characters but my love for the darkness is a little stronger.
  • JMarsella09 - November 6, 2012 3:32 p.m.

Any Myst villain. They're all amazing.
  • taokaka - November 7, 2012 3:21 a.m.

How did we all forget the helghast?
  • KA87 - November 7, 2012 8:06 a.m.

Depends on which Killzone we are talking about. The four main characters from KZ1 were more interesting and fun then general Alan, but general Radec and Staal were much better than the heros in KZ2 and KZ3
  • bebl09 - November 8, 2012 5:37 p.m.

Agreed on KZ1, but Emperor Visari (who I'd definitely say was the villain rather than Radec) was incredible in KZ2. The opening cinematic with Visari's speech gives me shivers literally every time I watch it. It's definitely helped by amazing voicework from Brian Cox.
  • jdognasty - November 7, 2012 10:22 a.m.

I think that Grigori, the big, mean dragon from Dragon's Dogma was just the coolest bad guy. He is a 50 foot tall, Latin and English speaking, fire-breathing winged death machine. Who is also born from a fallen Arisen (One of the good guys), who's soul purpose is to guide you on the path to become God. The Arisen you play as pales in comparison to him, seeing how you don't even talk in that game and are devoid of personality.
  • BladeBlur - November 7, 2012 12:03 p.m.

I understand why you'd put Andrew Ryan on the list, but seriously he is not that great of a villain, especially considering the plot twist towards the middle of the game. Sephiroth or Glados are much more deserving of the #1 spot.
  • derangedxzombie - November 8, 2012 2:58 p.m.

Andrew Ryan was good, but didn't really have a physical presence as a antagonist, he's quite similar to Dr Breen who's face you see on many screens trying to undermine gordan in Half Life. Dagoth Ur from Morrowind was a great villain, on level with sephiroth.
  • zombi3grim - November 10, 2012 9:28 a.m.

Sephiroth was simply amazing. Liked him ALOT more then Cloud. But Cloud deff. came into his own at the end of the game when he realized he wasnt in SOLDIER like he thought.
  • Scuffles - November 10, 2012 12:08 p.m.

Strangely I really didn't care for Hansom Jack... He was good for a few cheap laughs through the game but when they tried to get quasi serious with the plot later on.... it just sorta fizzled.
  • masterjoe123 - November 10, 2012 8:46 p.m.

How did Fawful not make this list?
  • gilgamesh310 - November 11, 2012 5:49 a.m.

When I saw this list I immediately thought Haythem Kenway. I thought it was home that spurred GR to make the list, but apparently not. I don't thinly there's ever been a game where I preferred the villain over hero as much as him. In fact I even preferred Charles Lee to Connor. Connor was just do bland.