• NexusDelcate - 5 hours, 9 minutes ago

Not a cryer. But I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that I have atleast one title to add to this list. Final Fantasy XIII (XIII-2 maybe, Lightning Returns no clue). But Final Fantasy 13 was incredibly emotional, there were some points I thought I felt it building up, but I believe it belongs on the list. It also belongs on a list for Tears of Joy games, just for the ending *SPOILER ALERT* Seriously, did anyone else feel like smiling and cryingt at the end when you thought "Well... It's gonna be a sad ending, with everyone trapped in crystal..." and at that moment, one of Leona Lewis' most emotional songs, "My Hands" starts playing, everyone except Fang and Vanille De-crystallize, which I couldn't figure out how to feel about, and everyone has a big lovey friend moment while the song adds to the mood. I didn't cry, but I'll be damned if I didn't want to .___. every time I go on Youtube and watch that ending I feel like I can almost feel a tear welling up. I could probably think of many more titles, but all over this is a great list!
  • BIGGES202 - January 27, 2015 6:07 a.m.

The game that made me cry was the Ending cut scene of Kingdom Hearts. It was really sad when Sora and Kairi had to let go of each others hand especially when they finally figured out they love each other.
  • TheUnknown285 - January 27, 2015 12:08 a.m.

Mass Effect 3 nearly brought me to tears multiple times.
  • Nihilarity - January 18, 2015 12:34 p.m.

The death of Aeris didn't make me cry, but the scene where Red XIII learns the truth about his father did. When tears start falling from his petrified father up on the rock, and Red howls mournfully... I don't think I've seen a more powerful moment in a game. They've chosen the wrong thing for SotC too, Agro falling (and then later reappearing alive to lead the girl to the garden with a damaged leg) was far more moving than the moral issues around killing the colossi.
  • rahul-thaker - January 18, 2015 2:39 a.m.

the walking dead was really very saidi
  • odah - January 17, 2015 5:38 a.m.

What about Beyond Two Souls? I felt it was sad all throughout...
  • quillan-bell - November 24, 2014 7:08 p.m.

My moment was in SaintsRow2 when Carlos was killed off by the brother hood.Another is infamous when you join the evil side and u look back on what u done in the game up to the end you look back and think of how horrible u really became.Another is the first god of war when Kratos remembers what he did to his wife and how much he regrets it.But halo reach did have a really sad ending.
  • wladodragovic - November 15, 2014 7:47 p.m.

Suikoden made me cry a LOT. Maybe it still can. Actually, I'm certain it can. ... But To The Moon is just heart-tearing. I almost hate you for making me remember that game now, damn it! *sob*
  • Divine Paladin - November 15, 2014 12:42 a.m.

TO THE MOON'S MIDQUEL IS ALMOST OUT! YAAAAS That said, I put X over VII in terms of sadness. VII is only somewhat sad when you acknowledge the other pieces of the VII universe (especially Crisis Core - Zack's story is a lot more saddening than Cloud's honestly). Even my first time through X (HD, early this year), I could tell that thematically it was MUCH more packed than previous games. Tidus and Yuna's story is fantastic if you actually pay attention and don't just assume it's garbage because of the issues with localization *cough GR cough*.
  • btao - November 14, 2014 11:28 a.m.

How in the world do you leave out Red Dead Redemption? I still think about it.The last of us? Mass Effect 3? Heavy Rain??
  • Civfanatic - November 13, 2014 7:14 p.m.

The ending of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is just perfect. The way they used a piece of plastic (the gamepad) to express emotion is unique.
  • lukebee - November 13, 2014 12:27 a.m.

The ending of Professor Layton and the Unwound Future gets me every time, as does the "You're the Inspiration" level of Elite Beat Agents.
  • g1rldraco7 - November 12, 2014 9:53 p.m.

The Darkness. What happens to Jackie's girlfriend and the ending, my eyes burned with tears T.T
  • Eyebrows - November 12, 2014 2:54 p.m.

Even the trailer for the Moon had me bawling. There is an online flash game somewhere on the web called All That Matters. Think it's at mousebreaker. I never played browser games unless I'm absolutely bored but that game is incredibly sad. Far surpasses the average flash game.
  • Lean206 - November 12, 2014 9:04 a.m.

I made an account just to comment that Brothers: A tale of two sons, would really leave you crying everytime you remember it. T_T I played it with my younger brother and it left us bawling in tears after we finished it, and yes that last scenes wherein both controls are needed to used was genius. I won't spoil it but it left us like "WHY!? WHY DO YOU HAVE TO F-ING MAKE ME MOVE THE OTHER CONTROL! *heart breaks*" <3 So much love. 10/10.
  • alllifeinfate - November 12, 2014 4:35 a.m.

Ooh... Brothers and the Walking Dead really tugged at my strings...
  • Darkhawk - November 12, 2014 2:08 a.m.

The (joyful) conclusion to Journey brought tears to my eyes.
  • Klonoa1545 - November 11, 2014 7:51 p.m.

KLONOA: DOOR TO PHANTOMILE JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZ
  • JParabellum - November 11, 2014 7:39 p.m.

How could they miss Remember Me?
  • Fran_Halen - November 11, 2014 7:34 p.m.

It was sad in Red Dead Redemption when John Martson was killed. I remember reading tons of comments from people that said they cried during that. The story in that game was better than most of the crap Hollywood has been putting out the past 10 years.