Topics

Top 7

• kursedkey - February 4, 2013 7:27 p.m.

I already saw Guitar Hero the movie. It's called Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny
  • TPoppaPuff - February 26, 2013 1:39 a.m.

This.
  • Mattel9 - February 4, 2013 6:31 p.m.

I feel like a Sims movie would basically be The Truman Show. Does that count?
  • GoldenEagle1476 - February 4, 2013 6:14 p.m.

They already made the Forward Unto Dawn web series, an actual Halo movie couldn't be too hard.
  • CrashmanX - February 4, 2013 7:02 p.m.

Sadly they tried really hard for a Halo movie and it fell through. Luckily from it's ashes though we got District 9. One of my favorite Sci-Fi movies of all time.
  • interasteral7 - February 4, 2013 5:40 p.m.

Hollywood should give up on making a good movie adaptation of a video game, because it is impossible.
  • garnsr - February 4, 2013 4:24 p.m.

I think you mean to say that Asteroids is plotless held up to other 30 year old Atari games. The 20 year old Atari games were remakes of the earlier games, and I think most of them had attempts at adding more plot, which was pointless, like the idea of turning games into movies.
  • J-Fid - February 4, 2013 2:20 p.m.

Asteroids would be the perfect movie for Michael Bay. No plot, lots of explosions, what else do you need?
  • brickman409 - February 4, 2013 7:09 p.m.

lol
  • Redeater - February 4, 2013 2:14 p.m.

Does anyone remember the interviews where Simon West was saying he had to put up with producers suggesting Lara finds health packs in completely deserted caves? I'm frankly astonished Tomb Raider turned out to be just mediocre instead of having Double Dragon levels stupidity.
  • codystovall - February 4, 2013 2:09 p.m.

I wanna (good) live action pokemon movie, or at least settle for a film without ass ketchum in it. Hell a new show with (not cheap) animation, with good dialogue and follows the games would be a start.
  • shawksta - February 4, 2013 1:49 p.m.

Great list and agree that some things are best interpretted as games only. There are some points that it can do well, but thats only if it appeals to the gamers and only on a very special rare occasion does it do the gamers and people who dont know what its about, specifically the Ace Attorney Movie in Japan
  • FemJesse - February 4, 2013 1:45 p.m.

What the hell is going on in that Sims screenshot? It looks like a woman throwing a party for her dog that's pooping on the floor....
  • FemJesse - February 4, 2013 1:45 p.m.

In her skivvies.
  • ObliqueZombie - February 4, 2013 12:08 p.m.

Bing an avid fan of Warcraft Lore and reading many novels based around it (also, some of the better novels I've read, but back on topic), I think that if handled with finesse, the Warcraft movie (not WORLD of Warcraft movie) could be well done. But odds are, they won't hire Christie Golden and just write whatever is in their heads. One can hope that whoever writes it is at least a fan and pays attention, but hey, it's Hollywood. I would've added BioShock. The themes could be translated well into a movie, theoretically, but unless it's incredibly long, it could be disastrous. Even then, it would be hard to capture the feel of the game and put it into a movie--unless, of course, they base it on the book. Which would be boring as a film.
  • livinginlyoko - February 4, 2013 12:08 p.m.

I've questioned the idea of a proper House Of The Dead film that's actually respectful of the source material, main problem has always been how to develop the characters without going into exposition dumps which I've still never quite gotten round in actual ideas.
  • Bagger288 - February 4, 2013 12:05 p.m.

fallout and killzone would make great prequels for the series maybe as tv shows though. the killzone one would show britian trying to take to the stars to flee a decaying earth weras the fallout one details the america china war.
  • JAZ9030 - February 4, 2013 noon

I always thought they should make a monopoly movie. Mr Monopoly is dying and tring to find a succesor, so he invites people to play a game of stocks in wallstreet. To see who would become the next king of wallstreet. Then just throw some random stuff in to make it interesting. (I have no clue about wallstreet and stocks, I'm just putting out my thoughts.)
  • Bagger288 - February 4, 2013 11:59 a.m.

prototype would be a great movie,28 weeks later style.
  • RabidTurtl - February 4, 2013 11:54 a.m.

I could see Shadow of the Colossus working, with some changes. I think the only problem for it is that it is a tragedy, and tragedies don't ever seem to do that well any more.