Topics

Best of GR

• BladedFalcon - May 10, 2013 3:22 p.m.

OH YEAH! Steven "Don't fuck with this Senator!" Armstrong has to be my favorite villain of this year so far :D Also, I'd complain and argue how just like Link in the Heroes list, Ganondorf doesn't really deserve being on the number 1 spot. But eh, you guys at least hit the mark with putting Kefka on Number 2, so I'll let it slide :P Kinda surprised you guys didn't put Booster from Super Mario RPG, he was a fantastic crazy wacko. Also, No Golbez from FFIV? I'm not that huge of a fan of the game, but even I recognize that he was a first class asshole, and best of all? he got away with everything he did in the end :P Lastly, one I'm not surprised you guys didn't put in here, but is one of my personal favorites would be Sho Minamimoto from The World Ends With You. An megalomaniac psychopath with a penchant for math and math related insults and that yells everything he says with a megaphone? Hell yes!
  • obviouslyadouche - May 10, 2013 8:35 p.m.

You just became my favorite person on the site, Sho Minamoto was so great, and the hardest boss in the game.
  • Civfanatic - May 10, 2013 3:16 p.m.

One minor correction: In the entry for The Master (great villain) it's stated that Fallout was made by Bethesda, when in fact it was made by Black Isle Studios. One glaring omission in this list: Jon Irenicus, from Baldur's Gate 2. When i was scrolling i excpected to see him in the top 20 at least. Best story and motivations ever, best character development for a villain ever, best voicover ever. The only virtual character i ever came to hate.
  • Technomancer - May 13, 2013 12:35 a.m.

Definitely Irenicus "No, you warrant no villain's exposition from me, I have what I needed from you."
  • JarkayColt - May 10, 2013 2:22 p.m.

Nice list. In my opinion, I think Dr. Nefarious from Ratchet & Clank deserves a spot on the list somewhere though. I would give a reason, but I don't feel like I need to.
  • ExtraCheese - May 10, 2013 3:59 p.m.

I was thinking this too.
  • jose-garcia-rodriguez - May 10, 2013 2:22 p.m.

Halo 3 - prophet of truth and The gravemind should be here Dragon age - Loghain , maybe
  • KA87 - May 10, 2013 2:17 p.m.

Well to name a few that could be added 1. Slender (best troll ever) 2. Nemisis 3. Issac Clarks GF in Dead Space 2 (she's so evil) 4. The Mooseman (Amiesa) 5. SCP 173 (don't blink or you die) 6. Enderman 7. Henry Gilbert (lol just kidding) I think Slender should definetly be added, but your list is very good.
  • Cyberninja - May 10, 2013 2:07 p.m.

Caius from FF 13-2 should be here, he actually succeeds with his plan to end the world and he is a very noble person on top of that, plus so idiots hate FF13/FF13-2 so throw salt in there wounds for the week of hate.
  • sniper712 - May 10, 2013 1:58 p.m.

Bansai Ichiyanagi, that guy makes Dahlia Hawthorne seems like nothing...
  • lmaocarrots - May 10, 2013 1:49 p.m.

Dimitri from GTA IV perhaps?
  • J-Fid - May 10, 2013 1:45 p.m.

If this list needs a Pokemon representative (which it does), it needs to be Ghetsis. The crazy uses an innocent boy, makes him believe he is the king of the world, and when that fails, he tells N that he was nothing more than a pawn right to his face! Truly crazy. Oh, and he uses an under-leveled Hydreigon that is a pain to deal with. I also think Zero/02 should be on this list. Certainly a very memorable boss.
  • J-Fid - May 10, 2013 1:46 p.m.

...GR, your formatting problems are back. Can you fix them?
  • GR HollanderCooper - May 10, 2013 2:06 p.m.

What is happening?
  • codystovall - May 10, 2013 2:26 p.m.

I think he means all our words are being pushed into paragraph form. Such how I listed all the characters, but now theyre altogether.
  • J-Fid - May 10, 2013 9:18 p.m.

Bingo.
  • shawksta - May 10, 2013 4:19 p.m.

What I love about Ghetsis especially is what he has turned into in Black and White 2, people throw him off but they don't realize this game was the only real sequel to follow up instead of 3rd version, to which Ghetsis has become nothing but a Crazy Psychopath after what happened in the original in all his years of planning, he even goes as far as wanting to just flat out kill the trainer. Ghetsis definitely needs a representation.
  • J-Fid - May 10, 2013 9:21 p.m.

Even though I knew he would not actually get away with it, for a second, I thought he might actually kill me. It was just so out of character for a Pokemon character.
  • codystovall - May 13, 2013 1:07 p.m.

I still prefer giovanni, just cause he gets beat, he doesnt fly off the rails and goes bonkers. And his gang is very loyal to him and wish for his return in gold/silver, unlike ghetsis who abandon him.
  • shawksta - May 13, 2013 6:08 p.m.

Frankly, I agree, Team Rocket is the overall better team. They ruin towns, they harass kimono girls, and are all loyal to Giovanni and wrecked more shit just to get him back. They are a criminal gang with an industry Giovanni prospered. However, its just Ghetsis himself whose full of himself and doesnt care about anyone except himself, devoting almost his life just to plan everything he did, he's full retarded to the max. Team Platinum isnt anything near Team Rocket Levels as an organization, and im not saying anything of him being superior than Giovanni in any sense of the way.
  • CyrusDragonZero - May 12, 2013 6:52 p.m.

Good call, Ghetsis was super crazy. Especially when you see N's room where he was basically indoctrinated for his entire life, just wow... super evil. Also yeah screw that Hydreigon, that thing swept like 4 of my Pokemon... I barely won.