Topics

Best of GR

We Recommend

• sniper712 - May 10, 2013 1:58 p.m.

Bansai Ichiyanagi, that guy makes Dahlia Hawthorne seems like nothing...
  • lmaocarrots - May 10, 2013 1:49 p.m.

Dimitri from GTA IV perhaps?
  • J-Fid - May 10, 2013 1:45 p.m.

If this list needs a Pokemon representative (which it does), it needs to be Ghetsis. The crazy uses an innocent boy, makes him believe he is the king of the world, and when that fails, he tells N that he was nothing more than a pawn right to his face! Truly crazy. Oh, and he uses an under-leveled Hydreigon that is a pain to deal with. I also think Zero/02 should be on this list. Certainly a very memorable boss.
  • J-Fid - May 10, 2013 1:46 p.m.

...GR, your formatting problems are back. Can you fix them?
  • GR HollanderCooper - May 10, 2013 2:06 p.m.

What is happening?
  • codystovall - May 10, 2013 2:26 p.m.

I think he means all our words are being pushed into paragraph form. Such how I listed all the characters, but now theyre altogether.
  • J-Fid - May 10, 2013 9:18 p.m.

Bingo.
  • shawksta - May 10, 2013 4:19 p.m.

What I love about Ghetsis especially is what he has turned into in Black and White 2, people throw him off but they don't realize this game was the only real sequel to follow up instead of 3rd version, to which Ghetsis has become nothing but a Crazy Psychopath after what happened in the original in all his years of planning, he even goes as far as wanting to just flat out kill the trainer. Ghetsis definitely needs a representation.
  • J-Fid - May 10, 2013 9:21 p.m.

Even though I knew he would not actually get away with it, for a second, I thought he might actually kill me. It was just so out of character for a Pokemon character.
  • codystovall - May 13, 2013 1:07 p.m.

I still prefer giovanni, just cause he gets beat, he doesnt fly off the rails and goes bonkers. And his gang is very loyal to him and wish for his return in gold/silver, unlike ghetsis who abandon him.
  • shawksta - May 13, 2013 6:08 p.m.

Frankly, I agree, Team Rocket is the overall better team. They ruin towns, they harass kimono girls, and are all loyal to Giovanni and wrecked more shit just to get him back. They are a criminal gang with an industry Giovanni prospered. However, its just Ghetsis himself whose full of himself and doesnt care about anyone except himself, devoting almost his life just to plan everything he did, he's full retarded to the max. Team Platinum isnt anything near Team Rocket Levels as an organization, and im not saying anything of him being superior than Giovanni in any sense of the way.
  • CyrusDragonZero - May 12, 2013 6:52 p.m.

Good call, Ghetsis was super crazy. Especially when you see N's room where he was basically indoctrinated for his entire life, just wow... super evil. Also yeah screw that Hydreigon, that thing swept like 4 of my Pokemon... I barely won.
  • mafyooz - May 10, 2013 1:34 p.m.

Dhoulmagus from Dragon Quest VIII. I love the way he says it's "Such a pity" right before his acts of homicide :)
  • bko - May 10, 2013 1:22 p.m.

91. DRM 92. Balance-breaking Microtransactions 93. Day one patches that create as many problems as they fix 94. Online pass codes that don't work 95. Always-online requirements 96. Server connection problems 97. Whoever canceled Prey 2 98. Final Fantasy XIII 99. Final Fantasy XIII-II 100. The Gizmondo
  • mafyooz - May 10, 2013 1:36 p.m.

98 gets my vote, didn't play 99 because of 98 but can't see it being much better....
  • Camberf - May 10, 2013 1:12 p.m.

A few that come to mind- Dahlia Hawthorne - Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations Ridley - Metroid Series Master Hand - Smash Bros. Series Luca Blight - Suikoden II Zant - LoZ: Twilight Princess Slenderman - Slender Great list, by the way. I like that you guys tend to include more recent characters and games as well instead of just going for the most iconic (AKA safe) examples.
  • flipped100 - May 10, 2013 1:05 p.m.

Can I just add (since you had a screencap of that darn Hold It! sign), why isn't Dahlia Hawthorne from the Phoenix Wright series on here? She came back from the dead to kill Phoenix. I mean, really, that's top level villainy right there!
  • masterjoe123 - May 10, 2013 12:57 p.m.

I vote Cortex from Crash Bandicoot. And N from Pokémon, even though he isn't much of a villain in the end.
  • flipped100 - May 10, 2013 12:57 p.m.

I find villains in survival horror games to be much more menacing than others. That being said, Slenderman should be a no brainer. And although not a huge game, that fricking guy with the sledgehammer in Clock Tower. I still have nightmares on him brutally killing little May. What about the Witch from the Left For Dead series? The lack of worthwhile female villains is strange. Why on earth isn't Eve from Parasite Eve here? She's much more evil than other Square-Enix villains on this list (cough cough Jecht). And The Boss from Metal Gear? Does she count? Also, another long shot, but deranged Prince Luca from Suikoden II should have a mention as well. I mean you get to see him burn villages down and mercilessly kill innocent villagers after having them roleplay as pigs. And if you're a casual gamer, I have never, ever hated chocolate in my entire life until I played Candy Crush.
  • tomasfr89 - May 10, 2013 2:03 p.m.

I second your petition to include the Witch, The Boss and Eve. Also, i'll include Manfred Von Karma from Phoenix Wright (he could threaten the freaking judge!).