Topics

Top 7

• Psylockerules - May 24, 2010 11:01 p.m.

god damn the DLC for marvel ultimate alliance and damn me for not getting it before it was taken away, i await a Game of the year addition
  • Sickooo - May 24, 2010 11:29 p.m.

uhh wheres WoW? come on all they did was raise the lvl cap n expand into northrend...
  • Ninja-KiLLR - May 25, 2010 12:29 a.m.

how about socom confrontation compared to any of them. online only. um it was bumped up to 32 player maps i dont know much else that would have been considered better then the past ones. but hey it was still fun with friends
  • CH3BURASHKA - May 25, 2010 12:49 a.m.

I thought it would be important to mention that DMC2 started out as a different game entirely and was later reskinned so it would be much more marketable than a new IP. Something I learned from the TDar.
  • oreopizza47 - May 25, 2010 2:20 a.m.

i can't vouch for single player or online coop in resi 5, but the split screen coop is pretty intense in my opinion. especially when the people sharing the screen haven't the slightest clue what's popping up next or how quickly it's going to kill us, armed only with knifes and no ammo
  • TestDDs - May 25, 2010 3:28 a.m.

They left out Mario and Nintendo. All there games are the same or copies with different logo.
  • ouchmytaint - May 25, 2010 3:36 a.m.

nice top 7, I totally agree with all the entries, especially MUA2... could have also included every tony hawk game from underground until the title that came before the latest tile that came with a paper weight...you know what i mean, right?
  • dpowers - May 25, 2010 8:19 a.m.

even though its repetitive and hasn't changed dynast warriors is frickin sweet. samurai warriors was pretty good as well i'd say. the day they start having kills instead of KOs and blood and dismemberment is the day i never play another game (ok so bit of an exaggeration but it would be nice)
  • AuthorityFigure - May 25, 2010 8:44 a.m.

Go play Resident Evil IV after playing V and you'll see an undeniable difference... I think V is a successful sequel. IVs progression was imperfect anyway: the abandonment of all puzzles after chapter 2, the awkward save-points and single-stick control are things commonly critisized in GR articles anyway...
  • philipshaw - May 25, 2010 10:06 a.m.

Spiderman 3 should be on the list, it took what was an amazing game in Spiderman 2 and added stuff to it which somehow managed to ruin what was great about the last game
  • gazdog9 - May 25, 2010 10:26 a.m.

the Driver series . The first one , awesome driving physics , cool replays. Second one driving still good . On foot missions terrible. Driver 3 (No , I refuse to substitute the letter "e" in Driver for the number 3) , Window punchingly frustrating . How did it go so wrong
  • avantguardian - May 25, 2010 11:44 a.m.

i'm sorry, but double dash was sh*t... definitely a case (imho) of subtraction by addition... i LOVED MK and MK64 (though i never owned either system), but DD hurt me...ironically though, it was the one glaring subtraction that broke that game for me; without jumping the drift-boost was gone...unac****ingceptible... @oreopizza47 & authorityfigure; great points and i completely agree..GR needs to lay off on the RE5 hate(single player sheva is WeToddEd though, i'll give you that)... @phillipshaw: totally agree, probably in the "sequels that sh*t on potentially great game franchises" article...
  • JosefMotley - May 25, 2010 12:46 p.m.

oh it's so easy to poke fun at dynasty warriors. but aren't devil may cry and indeed afro samurai & dante's inferno just as ultimately shallow? button bashing is fun to some people, stop picking on dynasty, it's the biggest games journalist cliche ever. devil may cry one was just as painfully dull. also mario kart wii should really have been the object of your vitriol rather than double dash, which was way more playable and fair... but good points all round nonetheless.
  • JosefMotley - May 25, 2010 12:47 p.m.

also sorry to double comment but the guy above me reckons there was no drift boost in double dash cause there was no jump???? what. the. fuck. has he even played it?????? i will never understand anyone who thought mario 64 was a good game.
  • flabslapper - May 25, 2010 2:30 p.m.

I disagree with MK:DD, only because MK:Wii was for worse for only one reason, and that reason was the exclusion of co-op Trophy mode. The reason why I had so much fun with MK64 and MK:DD was because my friend and I would play together against the atrocious AI and make sure one of us got in 1st place so we could unlock everything. When my friend drove TWO HOURS to my house so we could play MK:Wii together we were so disappointed that I nearly started crying, at least MK:DD was FUN for us But your opinion made sense to me at least, you made some good points that I will agree with. Also the ReCAPTCHA thing sys 'Series gissing', coincidence?
  • Metroidhunter32 - May 25, 2010 9:42 p.m.

I wouldn't complain to much about double dash killing the speed. It's about 3x as fast as mario kart wii. And also, I like it allot. More the the super nintendo one. and the DS one. And any others that they're about to make.
  • Gameguy94 - May 25, 2010 11:24 p.m.

I would once again like to say I HATED Resistance 2. Now I'll leave...
  • infestedandy - May 26, 2010 1:02 a.m.

@gilgamesh310 Halo 2 definitely improved everything from the first game. Now, Halo 2 to Halo 3 is where the non-changes happened and I agree with you... why aren't they here!? Dave! Under your Resi 5 section you've got a few typos. Thought I'd give you a heads up: "So the gameplay remained exactly the same, but we got got slight pube-trimmings..." And then towards the end you spelled "falir" instead of "flair."
  • avantguardian - May 26, 2010 11:55 a.m.

@josefmotley: i don't make a point of commenting on games that i've never played...that's just...stupid...even the article itself points out the removal of the bunny hop, which i'm referring to, along with waggling the stick back and forth to drift-boost...now MK wii, havn't played it, notice the lack of opinion...also.. "what.the.fuck." classic...no need to get butthurt if people don't like the games you do...
  • avantguardian - May 26, 2010 12:20 p.m.

to add a little, i think a lot of people's negative feelings towards these games stems from them not reaching expectations...this is more evident in games that are making a generational transition(such as double dash-yes there is boosting, i'm sorry it's just not the same), than games like MUA2, which doesn't seem like you really would expect too much improvement...they should almost be treated as separate lists; people expect to be wowed when they get a current gen(or is it next-gen?) version of a beloved series, and are disappointed when they're not...some people who don't own an older system or have a similar feeling of nostalgia for certain games may not understand criticism of current versions of games that they see no problems with...but i also like to think that we gamers over-think things a bit...so, ya, whatever..