We Recommend

• GamesRadarCharlieBarratt - December 19, 2010 9:51 p.m.

For everyone upset that RDR beat Mass Effect 2, take solace - the vote, among both GR editors and GR readers, was breathtakingly close.
  • TheLefty - December 19, 2010 9:28 p.m.

@BigKingBud I played both, and see my above post for my feelings on the two games. Simply put, Mass Effect 2 was much greater.
  • TheLefty - December 19, 2010 9:14 p.m.

Red Dead Redemption was good, it was not great. I'm still playing it, but I've only finished that game once, then only picked up back up for Undead Nightmare. Mass Effect 2 was the greatest game I've played in a long time, and beat out Fallout 3 for my favorite game of all time. Everything about it surpasses Red Dead Redemption.
  • mahabat - December 19, 2010 9:13 p.m.

BOOO RDR is the only game on this list i can honestly say i hate passionately
  • Zeb364 - December 19, 2010 9:02 p.m.

Another great Platinum Chalice Awards. Looking forward to next year's awards, with all of the awesome titles slated for launch next year they should be amazing.
  • EwoksTasteLikeChicken - December 19, 2010 6:40 p.m.

I agree, Red Dead Redemption was my favorite game this year.
  • dastardlydan - December 19, 2010 9:43 a.m.

loved the write-up on Civ V..lol, too true
  • AGENTJORRRG - December 19, 2010 9:12 a.m.

Bioshock 2 did actually suck.
  • CancerMan - December 19, 2010 6:57 a.m.

This is why I love you gamesradar. Excuse me while I order five copies of Enslaved and Mass Effect 2.
  • CoktorBloktopus - December 19, 2010 6:37 a.m.

always love these awards just wish it had been ME2 not RDR for Game of the Year. WaitingForCharlieToSnap will never let me hear the end of it.
  • PanzerDSS - December 19, 2010 6:29 a.m.

The Game of the Year and the runner-up are far and away the 2 best games. I haven't played Mario Galaxy 2, but the first Galaxy is my favorite Wii title, so I can't imagine I wouldn't love it. However, ME2 and RDR were among the best experiences I've ever had playing a video game. I might have switched the 2, but if you haven't played both of these games, find a way to do so. You'll be a better human being for it.
  • Sukharevskaya - December 19, 2010 5:51 a.m.

Next year is gonnna kick ***!
  • sleepy92ismypsn - December 19, 2010 5:01 a.m.

Good awards this year. I'm satisfied with the GOTY unlike next year. I wasn't expecting new IPs to win best fan service and runner up.
  • AlpineGuy - December 19, 2010 4:39 a.m.

Great end-year review, you guys! Soooooorta wished Mass Effect 2 won GOTY, but then again it's not like you guys forgot about it.
  • JohnDagger - December 19, 2010 4:21 a.m.

Great choice for GOTY, but I'm still a Mass Effect fan. I just feel that in the long run when we're looking back about five years from now, the ME series will stand out far more than the Red Dead. I know I said series and not game, but I just feel that a really good chapter in a book can make the whole story memorable.
  • TheTrooper424 - December 19, 2010 2:38 a.m.

RDR was so repetitive. The environment wasn't enough to make that up for me. I was happy with all the awards except game of the year. ME@ was just so much more amazing. It truly drew you in and I've never felt so emotionally drawn to characters in a game before.
  • JayBeat - December 19, 2010 2:11 a.m.

Fantastical.
  • QWERTYCommander - December 19, 2010 12:23 a.m.

I actually liked the racing in ModNation Racers...
  • Imgema - December 18, 2010 11:33 p.m.

My friend was playing FF13 the other day and there was this spaceship thingy. It had some markings on it and some letters, but thanks to the N64 resolution textures, i could hardly read anything... in fact most textures were blurred... And then, the cutscene came up and there it is! everything looked clear, i could see the markings and every texture went at least 2X in resolution. "detailed and fluid as the top-of-the-line cutscenes" my ass.... Vanquish. THAT'S a gorgeous looking game.
  • FOZ - December 18, 2010 11:04 p.m.

Why do people insist on comparing Super Meat Boy to NES platformers? Sure there are some stupidly unforgiving ones, but Super Meat Boy only has homages to the actual good ones, that are not structured anything like it. In what Mario level EVER did you walljump over spinning gears while avoiding deadly salt, then die and retry the same level 10 times in less than 2 minutes? I know it's trivial, but seriously, just because a game is a 2d platformer and hard does not automatically make it "old school." I've only played Mass Effect 1, but I had more fun in the demo of Mass Effect 2 than I did in the whole first 5 hours of RDR. I was utterly sick of hearing Bonnie McFarlene's voice (MISTER MARSTON, HOW YA'LL DOIN'. WANNA SPEND ANOTHER HALF HOUR DOING DULL CHORES TO DISGUISE A BORING TUTORIAL), and I didn't even find the actual gameplay that fun. Don't say I didn't give the game a chance, I gave the game 5 hours worth of chances.